Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Columbian & shooting squirrels

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, May 9, 2012.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Article on the front page of Section D "Shooting animals in city absolutely illegal" has a statement from Kevin McClure and assistant city attorney that Vancouver has an ordinance banning fireamrs in city parks. But the Winnie Chan v. City of Seattle case shows that a city doesn't have the right to prohibit guns in city parks.

I sent them this:
    Probably won't do any good though.

2. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

3. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

Carrying a gun and discharging one are two very different items. Why the heck would you want to shoot at squirrels in a heavily populated area?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Ask me about the one that's been chewing on my deck and I'll tell you! :laugh:

5. deen_ad

Yep, all our fence boards are damaged by them running on it. Then there's the lattice work around the porch they chewed on to make the holes larger so they could get through. Then there's the wood trim around the top of one post they chewed on, again to make more room for their nest. Lets not forget the supply line to the drip system they chewed through. Then there's the nest in the crawl space...................

6. deen_ad

Not sure I understand your post. I was referring to the incorrect info that a city attorney gave out in the story and it had nothing to do with discharging a weapon.

7. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Here is what the OP was refering to in the original post in the artical above:

A different section of the same law reserves for the state itself the near-exclusive right to regulate firearms. If you scour Vancouver’s municipal code for firearms rules, you’ll find nearly nothing -- because the state has done the heavy lifting already. (An exception is the Vancouver ordinance banning guns from city parks, McClure said.)