JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Article on the front page of Section D "Shooting animals in city absolutely illegal" has a statement from Kevin McClure and assistant city attorney that Vancouver has an ordinance banning fireamrs in city parks. But the Winnie Chan v. City of Seattle case shows that a city doesn't have the right to prohibit guns in city parks.

I sent them this:
The statement by Kevin McClure: "An exception is the Vancouver Ordinance banning guns from city parks, McClure said" is totally wrong. The city may have such an ordinance but it is again superseded by state preemption. Seattle tried that and it wound up in the courts, they lost, then appealed and the State Supreme Court refused to review the lower courts ruling. (See Winnie Chan v. City of Seattle)
So there is NO legal ordinance against open or concealed carry in city parks, the state preempts that and Mr. McClure should know that and not spread wrong information

Probably won't do any good though.

Ask me about the one that's been chewing on my deck and I'll tell you! :s0114:

Yep, all our fence boards are damaged by them running on it. Then there's the lattice work around the porch they chewed on to make the holes larger so they could get through. Then there's the wood trim around the top of one post they chewed on, again to make more room for their nest. Lets not forget the supply line to the drip system they chewed through. Then there's the nest in the crawl space...................

Carrying a gun and discharging one are two very different items. Why the heck would you want to shoot at squirrels in a heavily populated area?

Not sure I understand your post. I was referring to the incorrect info that a city attorney gave out in the story and it had nothing to do with discharging a weapon.

Here is what the OP was refering to in the original post in the artical above:

A different section of the same law reserves for the state itself the near-exclusive right to regulate firearms. If you scour Vancouver's municipal code for firearms rules, you'll find nearly nothing -- because the state has done the heavy lifting already. (An exception is the Vancouver ordinance banning guns from city parks, McClure said.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top