JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://reason.com/volokh/2022/06/0...o-hear-home-shooting-range-case/#more-8188573
Barris v. Stroud Township

"Whether an ordinance that limits target shooting to two non-residential zoning districts, and thus does not provide for shooting ranges at all private residences, is facially unconstitutional under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution?"

"The lower court had allowed plaintiff's Second Amendment challenge to go forward; note that plaintiff wants to set up a range on his "4.66-acre tract of land," not (say) in a studio apartment:"

Impact is just there, but could / could / impact places such as Metro's rule prohibiting firing inside the Urban Growth Boundary.

luckily we don't have such restrictions on personally owned private property in unincorporated areas in Clark County, Wa

we used a front loader on a Kubota, built a berm and started shooting

we need to stay proficient with our defensive firearms, as specified by the Supreme Court ruling

PA is on my "maybe retire to" list so I've looked into this a bit, I thought this was a good, simple explanation of PA law

ETA: The link is showing as 'stack path', but it goes to the right place :confused: This link also works

https://(REMOVE THIS)www.pennlago.com/target-practice-on-your-own-property/

PA is on my "maybe retire to" list so I've looked into this a bit, I thought this was a good, simple explanation of PA law

ETA: The link is showing as 'stack path', but it goes to the right place :confused: This link also works

https://(REMOVE THIS)www.pennlago.com/target-practice-on-your-own-property/
I did a lot of work in Pa during my career, there are some beautiful areas there
if I hadn't owned this place for 20 some odd years, I also would have considered Pa.
except the Scranton area
Tenn. is another area to look into - good tax structure for retirement

I did a lot of work in Pa during my career, there are some beautiful areas there
if I hadn't owned this place for 20 some odd years, I also would have considered Pa.
except the Scranton area
Tenn. is another area to look into - good tax structure for retirement
Careful there!

I think Pa taxes SSI. So, may not be the best to retire in. I lived there longer than any other state, and while beautiful in central Pa, i do not recall it being retirement friendly.

Careful there!

I think Pa taxes SSI. So, may not be the best to retire in. I lived there longer than any other state, and while beautiful in central Pa, i do not recall it being retirement friendly.
We bought our home in beaverton 7 years ago, it has doubled in price and we could sell it and buy something comparable or even with a few acres for cash
No mortgage is pretty retirement friendly ;)

We bought our home in beaverton 7 years ago, it has doubled in price and we could sell it and buy something comparable or even with a few acres for cash
No mortgage is pretty retirement friendly ;)
but Clark Co, Wa is now one of the most unaffordable counties in the state
now, we are paid off, but I hear property has gone up 20% in the last year, 30% in 3 years
Cowlitz Co is more affordable

Washington has a more friendly tax structure than Oregon
and if you live near a bridge, you can shop in Oregon and live in Washington and get the benefits of both

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top