JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to bother denying it; it was a crapton more convenient to just download/fill in the the form, cut a check, and sling it in the mail versus make an appointment, travel 45 minutes both directions to the county seat, wait in line, get your number called, renew the damn thing, pay the bill, blah-blah-blah. Too bad we don't have Constitutional carry here.

Thank you Covid and Gov.B for making mask wearing a requirement in many Oregon indoor spaces. Sorry local businesses but I am going to save some serious cash maybe lose some weight.

Thank you Covid and Gov.B for making mask wearing a requirement in many Oregon indoor spaces. Sorry local businesses but I am going to save some serious cash maybe lose some weight.

WTF does this have to do with renewing a CCW?

Thank you Covid-19 for making me get off my butt and go on MORE camping trips to the Olympics...after making me sit around the house for months.

Here is the philosophy of that: If you go where there ain't any PEOPLE...you ain't going to have any COVID hanging around either.

Leaving on Saturday morning. Won't be back until the following Wednesday. Hell, I might NEVER come back. Or like Sally Field said in Forrest Gump:

"Vacation? That's when you leave...and you don't NEVER come back..."

I'm off for Trap Pass. What's it like? It's probably the same as when I visited it in September 2018. Twenty miles plus to the top, you access at the Duckabush River Road. Finally dead ends to the nicest camping (and shooting) spot you ever saw. Right at the edge of a wilderness area. Some pictures below. No worries. I don't exactly rough it these days. I bring a small TV with a DVD player, a stereo, plenty of movies, and full power capability for everything. I run the generator off 250' using a couple of extension cords. You can't even hear it at night. (*insert evil laugh here*)

DuckabushFog1.jpg EndoftheRoad.jpg EveningViewSite.jpg LongShotTrapPass.jpg CampfireDark.jpg

Last Edited:
Thank you Covid-19 for making me get off my butt and go on MORE camping trips to the Olympics...after making me sit around the house for months.

Here is the philosophy of that: If you go where there ain't any PEOPLE...you ain't going to have any COVID hanging around either.

Leaving on Saturday morning. Won't be back until the following Wednesday. Hell, I might NEVER come back. Or like Sally Field said in Forrest Gump:

I'm off for Trap Pass. What's it like? It's probably the same as when I visited it in September 2018. Twenty miles plus to the top, you access at the Duckabush River Road. Finally dead ends to the nicest camping (and shooting) spot you ever saw. Right at the edge of a wilderness area. Some pictures below.

View attachment 711963 View attachment 711964 View attachment 711965 View attachment 711966 View attachment 711968
That looks awesome, have a great time up there.

for forcing the County to get off their asses and make online CCW renewals possible.

No line, no waiting. Fill out the app, answer the eligibility questions, upload ID pictures, pay the fee and you're done.

My understanding is the application is online but you still have to make an appointment to get fingerprinted at a county office and they are backlogged until August. Thats the jest of the conversation I had with Monroe PD. With that said, if you live in city limits it makes the most sense to wait a few weeks for phase 3 so you can one stop shop at MPD when they open back up to the public.

Ah. You're in Washington and I'm in Oregon. That said, I only got here in 2016, and did not get my CHL here until 2017, so next year is my first renewal.

Seems damn odd that a new fingerprint would be required for a renewal, tho....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top