Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nwwoodsman, Mar 31, 2012.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

2. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

that is one thing I would contribute to..

3. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

NRA and SAF should involve in this investigate too...

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Here's a link to more info on the Treyvon/Zimmerman self defense shooting.

parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  5. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

I'll donate to this.

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

7. pokerace

I think i will donate.

8. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

george zimmerman following trayvon, doesn't give trayvon the right to attack george zimmerman, if these is the facts, they better not prosecute.. or i will be P.O.'d also want to know what was in trayvons backpack?

9. BETHOMAS58

BETHOMAS58 McMinnville Member

The stand your ground law should work both ways, If you have some wacko following you you should have the right to stand your ground. In my concealed weapons class we were taught that at no time do you escalate a situation. George Zimmerman escalated this situation when he did not back off when 911 told him too. Everything past that point is on him.

bikejunkie, Riot, JGRuby and 3 others like this.
  10. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So if someone is following me, talking to the police on the phone, I have the right to run straight at them and beat them down to the ground, grab there head and start smashing it into the concrete sidewalk?... cool....

11. kyzug

kyzug Banks, OR New Member

Walking up to someone and talking to them, in a public space is not a crime. It isn't a violation of the non-agression principle. Even if the police say, "We don't need you to do that." (follow him)

I have no problem with Zim. approaching someone in his neighborhood that he didn't recognize, after there had been break ins around the area and engaging with him.

What we don't know is if he waved and said hi and introduced himself, or if he escalated things in a confrontational, authoritarian state of mind.

It really comes down to who initiated force against the other.

12. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

I hope he goes to prison for a very long time!

13. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I'm donating for this comment alone. I dont know whether Mr. Zimmerman is guilty or not, what I do know is that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty (or at least it used to be this way.)

beerdude, Riot, pokerace and 9 others like this.
  14. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

One of the dumbest comments on NWF!

15. pokerace

If somebody was pounding on me in the middle of the night I would try my damest to shoot the sob.

Swedish K and (deleted member) like this.
  16. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

So far the information leaked support Zimmerman's account of what happened as do the recorded calls for help, the wounds to the back of his head and grass stains on his shirt. If I was attacked from behind, hit in the face and gotten a broken nose, then had my head bashed against the pavment I'd certainly consider shooting the attacker!
    Then there's NBC's censoring of the 911 call to make it seem to be a racial killing.

17. telecat

telecat USA New Member

I believe Zimmerman will be convicted, and I believe he should be. I would never donate to his LDF and he should never be allowed near a firearm again. All he had to do was break off his pursuit and this would all be nothing.

Zimmerman was colossally stupid. Walking while black is not a crime.

18. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I believe Zimmerman is guilty also, but there's almost no way he'll be convicted. This is all a publicity stunt that will cost the tax payers millions of dollars and will almost certainly still result in riots.

Chasing after someone just because you dont recognize them may have been dangerous and "colossally stupid", but it's not a crime in itself.
    Losing a fight that you started is no justification for shooting, but unless someone comes up with proof of who attacked who, they have no hard evidence that he committed a crime. It's a downfall of the "he said, he's dead" outcome. The only eyewitness is obviously biased, but there's nothing they can present to the court that contradicts his story.

Remember, there was more evidence in the OJ and Anthony trials, but they still didnt end up in a conviction.

19. pokerace

I disagree totally with your remarks.I am going to with hold most of my reply,as you are obviously a biased troll......

20. pokerace

My gosh where have all the TROLLS come from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.