JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, I just thought it was interesting that so much of this type of news about officer involved shootings is coming out of Texas.

I don't see much difference between me starting this type of thread and all the ones that D.B. starts. It's news. It's for discussion.

You guys both know that I'm one of the biggest LE supporters and defenders on this forum. You should know that I don't put it up because I'm cop bashing in general. I'm not the one always saying we expect more from trained professionals that carry firearms. For gosh sakes, look at all the comments about that poor female officer that shot the guy in the wrong apt. It wasn't me saying those things, whether it was legitimate criticism or not.

No worries bromigo.

LEOs who do things Correctly and Professionally, (99% of them), deserve Praise and Community Support. Our civilization would not exist without them.

LEOs who cause tragedies because of failure to follow basic procedures, or worse, those who do things that are clearly wrong, deserve full, public consequences for their actions.

Our praise for Hero LEOs should be equal to the 'negative feedback' we give LEOs who are in the wrong.

As much as it runs contrary to my nature, I want to get back OT for a sec and thank those of you that just drop nuggets of wisdom for those of us that have been lifelong civilians.

Challenging your area and low light training are two things I have not thought of. Some days I get discouraged thinking how much I have to learn.

Catch y'all on the flip!:)

WOW Dad taught us boys to always ID your target (how many tines on the antlers etc.) then judge the background before you shoot. I have had 3 times in my 62 years I have been in a position to shoot someone breaking in a house or appearing to break into a house. Each time I followed what dad taught us when we were 11 years old prior to us starting deer hunting. And in each case it was some stupid behavior on the part of the assumed bad guy. NOT a real situation. So If I a old Dump Truck driver with absolutely no training in use of force can keep from shooting someone I don't see why a trained police officer can not.

The first instance was when I was home alone out in the country baby sitting my little sister. When all of a sudden 10pm someone was violently banging on the front door of the house screaming at the top of their lungs how they were going to get me etc. I grabbed my lil sis threw her in her bed room. Went to dads room got the M1 carbine grabbed a loaded mag from the top dresser drawer racked the bolt and moved towards the front door muzzle pointing at the ceiling. We had a chest high brick wall to the north of the front door with large opening windows. I quietly slid open the window and lowered the rifle towards the person bangin on the front door. Never touched the trigger and ID'ed one of my High school buddies (we were both 17 at the time) pulling a joke. He had given my younger brothers a ride home from moving irrigation pipe and they all thought it would be funny.

When he saw the carbine he lost all hope of it being funny.

Dad had a "debriefing" when they got home at mid night and grounded my younger brothers for 2 weeks. Me I got a good job pat on the back.

The first instance was when I was home alone out in the country baby sitting my little sister. When all of a sudden 10pm someone was violently banging on the front door of the house screaming at the top of their lungs how they were going to get me etc. I grabbed my lil sis threw her in her bed room. Went to dads room got the M1 carbine grabbed a loaded mag from the top dresser drawer racked the bolt and moved towards the front door muzzle pointing at the ceiling. We had a chest high brick wall to the north of the front door with large opening windows. I quietly slid open the window and lowered the rifle towards the person bangin on the front door. Never touched the trigger and ID'ed one of my High school buddies (we were both 17 at the time) pulling a joke. He had given my younger brothers a ride home from moving irrigation pipe and they all thought it would be funny.

When he saw the carbine he lost all hope of it being funny.

Dad had a "debriefing" when they got home at mid night and grounded my younger brothers for 2 weeks. Me I got a good job pat on the back.

Dontcha know yer supposed to use the Joe Biden method and shoot thru the door to scare them off??? ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews