JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am glad that the son is not dead..."lightly struck in the arm..." So says someone who hasn't been shot...

Always ID your target...before shooting....I'd argue for that , even if it meant comprising your position , in some situations.
As pointed out by Stomper , having a protocol or plan for situations like this is a must.
Andy

I'm guessing startle reflex shot.

Oh boy, not another one of those! Remember when dude shoots across his partner thru the window opening from inside the car and kills that Aussie babe who had run up to the patrol car? Not cool!!!

I'm guessing there won't be any repercussions from this one tho.

I was thinking the same thing Stomper said when I read this at work. Our kids have access to the house of course and have all been told, if we are not home, TELL US you are coming in here. I think they have it down as they never just ignore this. Still all I could think of was how in the hell did he manage to get a shot off at his kid? If he had killed him? That would destroy your life, having just shot your own child.

Not exactly on point, but related.

Had a sudden death in the wee hours this summer. My BIL. We are still reeling.

I needed to inform one of my BIL's best friends. Best friend would not answer multiple calls and texts. I drove over and knocked on the front door several loud times. No answer, so I went back to the family.

When asked why I didn't knock on his bedroom window, I informed them I had no desire to get shot and he sleeps with a big wheel gun within arms reach.

The following day, when told of my efforts, he agreed that I chose wisely,:)

Oh boy, not another one of those! Remember when dude shoots across his partner thru the window opening from inside the car and kills that Aussie babe who had run up to the patrol car? Not cool!!!

I'm guessing there won't be any repercussions from this one tho.

Same thing for anyone who gets shot when they shouldn't be there, regardless of relationship. But it wasn't a cop, so not nearly as fun to start threads about.

Same thing for anyone who gets shot when they shouldn't be there, regardless of relationship. But it wasn't a cop, so not nearly as fun to start threads about.

Yeah. Apparently cops aren't allowed to be human. :rolleyes:

Challenge Your Area!

Years ago, at night, I saw a human shadow move across my back fence. I grabbed my 1911 and went out to investigate. I could hear noises coming from near my storage shed, but I couldn't see anything. I took cover by the wall.

I yelled "IDENTIFY YOURSELF!"

"Portland General Electric!" was the answer.

Authorities, the spokesperson said, want people to know "that if you come home and something doesn't feel right, [it] doesn't bother us at all, go ahead and call 911, so we can come out and check it out ."

"Call us we'll come shoot him for you." :s0140:

Yeah. Apparently cops aren't allowed to be human. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just thought it was interesting that so much of this type of news about officer involved shootings is coming out of Texas.

I don't see much difference between me starting this type of thread and all the ones that D.B. starts. It's news. It's for discussion.

You guys both know that I'm one of the biggest LE supporters and defenders on this forum. You should know that I don't put it up because I'm cop bashing in general. I'm not the one always saying we expect more from trained professionals that carry firearms. For gosh sakes, look at all the comments about that poor female officer that shot the guy in the wrong apt. It wasn't me saying those things, whether it was legitimate criticism or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top