JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sounded like something I would like to check, and as it turns out there really is no good source keeping score
Years ago there was a list somewhere I found. I really whish I would have screenshot it. It was a list of failed fact checks by media source. CNN was just as long a list as Fox. I thought it was a wikipedia article, no doubt that would have been too hotly contested for Wikipedia. ....but wherever it was its gone, my best google-fu cant turn it up.

Best you can do now is compare sources on Media Bias Fact Check. A while ago, MBFC gave CNN a "mixed" factual reporting same as Fox then (and now). Currently, MBFC gives CNN a "mostly factual" rating, while Fox remains at "mixed".
My personal opinion is I agree with MBFC with one exception: CNN virtually always exhibits "bias by omission" (one of the 11 types of media bias), which means while what they say might be true, intentionally leaving out other facts that dont support their bias is intentionally manipulative, an equivalent of lying.

for a really good article and example of media bias by omission read this, its clear how deceptive and manipulative it can be used to set a narrative.

Years ago there was a list somewhere I found. I really whish I would have screenshot it. It was a list of failed fact checks by media source. CNN was just as long a list as Fox. I thought it was a wikipedia article, no doubt that would have been too hotly contested for Wikipedia. ....but wherever it was its gone, my best google-fu cant turn it up.

Best you can do now is compare sources on Media Bias Fact Check. A while ago, MBFC gave CNN a "mixed" factual reporting same as Fox then (and now). Currently, MBFC gives CNN a "mostly factual" rating, while Fox remains at "mixed".
My personal opinion is I agree with MBFC with one exception: CNN virtually always exhibits "bias by omission" (one of the 11 types of media bias), which means while what they say might be true, intentionally leaving out other facts that dont support their bias is intentionally manipulative, an equivalent of lying.

for a really good article and example of media bias by omission read this, its clear how deceptive and manipulative it can be used to set a narrative.
Oftentimes the big things said are by not saying them.

I'll look into that when my tequila to blood ratio is more normal :s0108:

I. bought a four pack of maple spam at Costco. I have not tried it yet but regular spam, low sodium spam, and bacon spam I have tried and cut two slices on fried eggs and it very tasty. Cost less that $10 for a four pack so got a good deal since price of spam has gone up to more than $3.00 for a single can.
Interesting. I have literally just tried spam for the first time this week. Cannot say i am please. A coworker encouraged me to try some of her sliced spam and rice. She also said the price shot up like you mentioned. My granny, a southern belle, made similar version she called canned ham but of course granny's cooking is akin to hookin! :s0114:

If we can return to the topic of the thread for a minute, my two cents worth is that it wasn't anything particularly nefarious, just stupidity. Watch the video in Post #29 and then look at the area on Google Earth. I think the driver merely intended to blow through the crossing, not crash or damage the facility. Possibly had to maneuver to avoid the black car at the start of the video, going too fast for the wet roads and the flat corner into the booths and poor driver skill all combined to make him swing wide on the curve and hit the barricade. The "explosion" is merely the upwards of 20 gallons of gas the car could have had in the tank. The booth with the parts scattered around it still has its windows. Wasn't much of an explosion.

Who stated that this was a terrorist?
The media ??
Like I said when I wrote it, this had just happened. The link was from that time frame. You are commenting almost 6 hours later. I am sure that much more was known within that time frame. The van exploding caused an assumption that it might have been a bomb, but since then further inspection caused a change that high speed and a full gas tank contributed to the fireball, not a bomb. They closed 4 border patrol crossings initially, so yes, the BP thought discretion warranted it.
And as far as the media repeating it, yes they did. That is their job. Getting information to the public is their job. Can they be wrong? Sure. Did they change their reporting once more was known? Yes. Unless its MSNBC or Tick Tock thats what responsible outlets do.

4am off topic post, edit. Talks about bacon and not enough about bad reporting.

If the reporting was more inline with a car crash and 🔥 fire we wouldn't be up in arms about terrorism. Still, with all the cameras that should be available, for our safety, the governor and media are the side with the cryptic speak.

Last Edited:
The coverage is about dividing the people; the word terrorism is in the title of this thread for a reason and that reason is division.

Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do.

Last Edited:
They all suck. CNN has an even worse record.

im not so sure about that, or was it cnn who recently got popped 787 million for lying then later had to fire their #1 talking head for being a bit too cozy with authoritarians? I cant keep track these days (im being facetious, i dont like either but to say cnn has a worse track record than fox is laughable at best)

I love how how we can deflect from dishonest reporting to bacon though.

im not so sure about that, or was it cnn who recently got popped 787 million for lying then later had to fire their #1 talking head for being a bit too cozy with authoritarians? I cant keep track these days (im being facetious, i dont like either but to say cnn has a worse track record than fox is laughable at best)

I love how how we can deflect from dishonest reporting to bacon though.
Going with the last , first...
Not sure it is so much deflecting as it is ...Just how threads go on around here...and at least bacon is far more palatable than dishonest reporting....:D

Some things to consider when comparing or debating the merits of whatever....
At the end of the day does it really matter if anyone else agrees with you...?
And...
It is wise not to be so entrenched in your position , that you drown in your own moat.
Andy

No one should fully rely on any one source. Though I admit NPR is my daily go to. It makes me speak in soothing modulated tones. And it's on the radio.

Last Edited:
If we can return to the topic of the thread for a minute, my two cents worth is that it wasn't anything particularly nefarious, just stupidity. Watch the video in Post #29 and then look at the area on Google Earth. I think the driver merely intended to blow through the crossing, not crash or damage the facility. Possibly had to maneuver to avoid the black car at the start of the video, going too fast for the wet roads and the flat corner into the booths and poor driver skill all combined to make him swing wide on the curve and hit the barricade. The "explosion" is merely the upwards of 20 gallons of gas the car could have had in the tank. The booth with the parts scattered around it still has its windows. Wasn't much of an explosion.
Careful there Mister! Sounds like some common sense there? Got to be careful of that. The media hates it when that happens, because then they have to go find something else immediately to be all serious about.

American bacon with maple syrup on it is even better. :)

That is just.......wrong.
We can no longer be friends...:D
Andy
Sorry Andy, gotta side with Flop on this one. From Voodoo's maple bacon donuts, bacon infused with maple to the maple falling from the pancakes onto America's Food, maple and bacon are like peanut butter and jelly! :D
If we can return to the topic of the thread for a minute, my two cents worth is that it wasn't anything particularly nefarious, just stupidity.
Agree
Hanlon's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I spent a career investigating fatal and major injury crashes. Most fall into the above category. There were a few notable exceptions and this happening at a border would definitely raise suspicions. But after seeing the video (posted here prior) of the car approaching at a crazy speed and then being airborne for about 40 yards, drunk stupidity is leading at the moment.

Sorry Andy, gotta side with Flop on this one. From Voodoo's maple bacon donuts, bacon infused with maple to the maple falling from the pancakes onto America's Food, maple and bacon are like peanut butter and jelly! :D
What....Great Zounds....I am beset upon all sides by culinary treasonous terrorists.... :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads