JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's been discussed so much that I'm amazed you've been able to avoid the discussions. That would take effort.
On that note, it's illegal to sell firearms to most felons, children, and mentally deranged people as well.
Also, it's nice to see you skipped over the forum rules. This thread is one heck of a classified ad. Glad to see you're bumping it hourly too....

Again we must thank you for your enormous contribution...

Moved to a more relevant section.

While I do see the benefit of adding a sticky, it by no means guarantees anything, not too long ago the classifieds had 5-10 stickies at the top, none of which were really payed attention to by everyone.

It is stated in the rules, which every member must agree to when signing up, and which there is a link to at the top of the classified section on the "forum" page that states: "Please read rules before posting"

It seems like anything more than we pretty much need to hold everyone's hands.

WHAT?!?!?!?!
when did this happen?

Oh well, at least I can still sell to felons, children, and the mentally deranged, right?

ONLY if they are at least 12yrs old and both mentally derranged and a "convicted Felon". Read the law correctly....OH wait I interpreted that wrong, my bad.

In all seriousness, someone needs to make a book like this for every state:
Oregon Firearms Federation

2010uogl.jpg

I recommend it for every gun owner I meet in Oregon.

You sir, are an idiot...don't educate people, imprison them...WOW

lol ok buddy. if you are dumb enough to do anything related to a firearms sale without reading up on the law first you deserve jail time. plain and simple. in the age of the interweb, you really think it's that hard to read up on the law if you really wanted to?

Last Edited:
hey all...i don't know who does or doesn't know this (i was in the ignorant category) but you DO NEED A FFL FOR AN OUT OF STATE TRANSFER...maybe i was just dumb but i always thought that ftf deals were legal and that only shipping or new shop sales required this service...maybe a sticky is in order that outlines this issue? idk...maybe i was the only one...

I'm an FFL, anyway don't forget about the $250,000 Fine Also

lol ok buddy. if you *** is dumb enough to do anything related to a firearms sale without reading up on the law first you deserve jail time. plain and simple. in the age of the interweb, you really think it's that Fing hard to read up on the law if you really wanted to?

Ok guys lets make nice....There is a valid point here that shouldn't be lost in the confusion. I have to chime back in here.

If I read the OP correctly, he did make the effort to research the matter before completing the transaction. It appears that the point that he was originally trying to make is, that he was surprised that relevant information was not more obvious and readily available. This in consideration of the ramifications of making a bum transaction across the state lines. I agree with this point.

Newbie to the site or not, many who lurk in the classifieds do not bother to research proper procedure. They want to get in, make the deal, and get out. In visiting the classified section, they will remember that Glock they are looking at and maybe the advertisements on the top of the page, but little else. They are not the type to really read a terms of use section, open a sticky, or even be reading anything in this section. If it's not in the immediate area of the post that they are considering and eye catching to the extreme, it doesn't exist.
To this, most here are saying, "F" them, they're stupid and deserve to go away. I agree with this point as well, to a point . I don't care about the dummies crossing the state lines, but, I am concerned about losing the classifieds here, as a result of too many people screwing up. I think more could be done, to at least make it a little harder to miss or even ignore the important information.

The thing that you have to ask yourself is , do you value the freedom to use the internet to locate and make a local FTF deal ? If your answer is yes, then you should be supportive of any effort to protect this resource from "Negative Press" that potentially will be coming. Just wait until some illegal transactions are documented and get to the hands of the anti-gunners. The cry will be "we need to stop the internet loophole". It wont matter that somebody didn't bother to read the regs somewhere in a section like this or in the site's usage fine print, sites like this will be the villains and compared to money-launderers. Remember Craigslist ? Don't see a sex section there anymore do you ? But they weren't committing any crimes either.

One last point, I am sorry, but the OP placing this thread in the classified section was the right thing to do. The issue has overriding importance, was very pertinent to the section, and did not deserve to be buried in a section where many who could benefit from it, won't bother reading it. All those nickel plated Jennings 25's would have been seen anyway.

I am sure that at some point everyone that is giving grief to the OP has been just as oblivious to the laws and has been told or read about the facts. I am supprised (not really) that some dont take their own advice about reading the (forum) rules before chastizing the unknowing. I would hope that in the future usefull comments and info would be displayed rather than snide remarks and words spelled to get around the forum filters. This can be a great site for the unknowledgable as well as the well versed in regulations but I dont see it growing but rather dying if the newb's are treated in the manner the OP is being treated. I understand that there are stickies and yes they should read them and it may get annoying telling the same info over and over but it would be effort better spent to address the fact they need to be more readily accesable/noticeable than to waste time on putting people down.

Ok guys lets make nice....There is a valid point here that shouldn't be lost in the confusion. I have to chime back in here.

If I read the OP correctly, he did make the effort to research the matter before completing the transaction. It appears that the point that he was originally trying to make is, that he was surprised that relevant information was not more obvious and readily available. This in consideration of the ramifications of making a bum transaction across the state lines. I agree with this point.

My point wasn't even directed at the OP but my point still stands. If you really wanted to cover yourself in the transaction and follow all the laws, it's not that hard to read up on it.

Simple Google search for interstate firearms transfer/transport will give you all the info you need. I can't help it if people aren't being responsible enough to read up on the laws for their own actions.

I am sure that at some point everyone that is giving grief to the OP has been just as oblivious to the laws and has been told or read about the facts. I am supprised (not really) that some dont take their own advice about reading the (forum) rules before chastizing the unknowing. I would hope that in the future usefull comments and info would be displayed rather than snide remarks and words spelled to get around the forum filters. This can be a great site for the unknowledgable as well as the well versed in regulations but I dont see it growing but rather dying if the newb's are treated in the manner the OP is being treated. I understand that there are stickies and yes they should read them and it may get annoying telling the same info over and over but it would be effort better spent to address the fact they need to be more readily accessible/noticeable than to waste time on putting people down.

amen...and i DID find the information, and DID do my transfer legally...i was merely pointing out the FACT that said information was harder to find than it should have been...even dealers whom i called to inquire for transfer service said that it wasn't necessary...excuse me for trying to suggest that we shed a little light on a subject that i thought was important...i guess you'd rather play smart a55 than play a role in preserving our privilege to make these transfers...

lol ok buddy. if you are dumb enough to do anything related to a firearms sale without reading up on the law first you deserve jail time. plain and simple. in the age of the interweb, you really think it's that hard to read up on the law if you really wanted to?

yeah and INTERWEB?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? case and point...you sir, are definately and idiot....

Newbie to the site or not, many who lurk in the classifieds do not bother to research proper procedure. They want to get in, make the deal, and get out. In visiting the classified section, they will remember that Glock they are looking at and maybe the advertisements on the top of the page, but little else. They are not the type to really read a terms of use section, open a sticky, or even be reading anything in this section. If it's not in the immediate area of the post that they are considering and eye catching to the extreme, it doesn't exist.
To this, most here are saying, "F" them, they're stupid and deserve to go away. I agree with this point as well, to a point . I don't care about the dummies crossing the state lines, but, I am concerned about losing the classifieds here, as a result of too many people screwing up. I think more could be done, to at least make it a little harder to miss or even ignore the important information.

The thing that you have to ask yourself is , do you value the freedom to use the internet to locate and make a local FTF deal ? If your answer is yes, then you should be supportive of any effort to protect this resource from "Negative Press" that potentially will be coming. Just wait until some illegal transactions are documented and get to the hands of the anti-gunners. The cry will be "we need to stop the internet loophole". It wont matter that somebody didn't bother to read the regs somewhere in a section like this or in the site's usage fine print, sites like this will be the villains and compared to money-launderers. Remember Craigslist ? Don't see a sex section there anymore do you ? But they weren't committing any crimes either.

One last point, I am sorry, but the OP placing this thread in the classified section was the right thing to do. The issue has overriding importance, was very pertinent to the section, and did not deserve to be buried in a section where many who could benefit from it, won't bother reading it. All those nickel plated Jennings 25's would have been seen anyway.

ob1 for president!:s0067:

amen...and i DID find the information, and DID do my transfer legally...i was merely pointing out the FACT that said information was harder to find than it should have been...even dealers whom i called to inquire for transfer service said that it wasn't necessary...excuse me for trying to suggest that we shed a little light on a subject that i thought was important...i guess you'd rather play smart a55 than play a role in preserving our privilege to make these transfers...

Some people forget that they too were unknowledgable at some point. I hope they dont treat their kids that way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top