Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ten years in prison?!?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by gunslinger1911, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gunslinger1911

gunslinger1911 WA state Member

hey all...i don't know who does or doesn't know this (i was in the ignorant category) but you DO NEED A FFL FOR AN OUT OF STATE TRANSFER...maybe i was just dumb but i always thought that ftf deals were legal and that only shipping or new shop sales required this service...maybe a sticky is in order that outlines this issue? idk...maybe i was the only one...

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

perhaps posting this in the right section is in order as well... BUT YES its NOT OK to Sell FTF across State lines... Must go through an FFL... in the same state ftf is ok..

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

This subject has been beaten to death, it is discussed heavily in the "firearm laws and questions" sticky

4. gunslinger1911

well thanks for the snide feedback...because, you know, its way more important to be rude to people who don't know, than to say "hey there, that is a valid concern and you can find you answers here"...noobs might need a little more guidance from you so called "senior members"...thanks :thumbdown:

5. PhysicsGuy

The point of my post is that this is already sticky, and is covered in the classified terms of service (which is currently down at the moment).

There used to be a sticky on each classified section for the terms of service (which as stated above covered legal issues), but was removed after the vbulletin upgrade due to errors occurring with the links.

No matter how many times this subject is covered, there are always people out there that will consider ftf across state lines to be legal. The best thing to do is show them the law and hope that they tell the next person that its illegal.

6. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Just happy you figured it out before being fitted for the orange jumpsuit...

7. gunslinger1911

exactly what i asked for...maybe a link to the legislature would be useful...whatever, its not my site and i know better now...just trying to help.

8. gunslinger1911

No DOUBT!!! :D

9. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Do it.. no oneeeeeeeee will everrrrrrr find out

10. Gassyman

Gassyman Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If so, why do Oregonians and others continue to want to offer me trades and purchase for my ads which clearly state "FTF to Washington residents only"?

11. PhysicsGuy

Cant fix stupid :p

You'd be amazed at how little people read ads sometimes.

The best is an ad that says "trade only, not for sale", and someone asks to buy.

12. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

exactly. if you are dumb enough to do anything related to fire arms, ESPECIALLY interstate transfers without reading up on the laws first, you deserve 10 years in jail.

13. Colt Carbine

Colt Carbine Oregon Gears-N-Guns

Well maybe because they are looking for said item and they are willing to do the transaction through a FFL. It never hurts to ask, the worse a person can say is no.

14. Spurtis55

Spurtis55 gresham oregon New Member

haha....good thing we went to a couple dealers to transfer the guns then ;) haha

thanks to the Gun Control Act of '68

15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

WHAT?!?!?!?!
    when did this happen?

Oh well, at least I can still sell to felons, children, and the mentally deranged, right?

16. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Gunslinger brings up a good point. For many people, stickys don't work. It does need to be posted here, not just the f/a law section. It needs to jump out in your face, every time you open a classifieds page, just like the header advertisements at the top of the page that we see now. Many wont bother to go on a quest for enlightenment ("just tell me the barrel length and the price") It needs to be concise and not challenge the attention span.

Why even bother to go to such lengths ? Self preservation. Sooner or later, a cease-fire type is going to start whining about ftf adds on internet sites being used to circumvent gun laws (just like they did with ftf at gun shows). A maximum effort by the site to inform now, boldly displayed with the classified adds rather than whithering away in some obscure section, may head this off. Something like a Surgeon Generals warning on a pack of smokes.

17. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It's been discussed so much that I'm amazed you've been able to avoid the discussions. That would take effort.
    On that note, it's illegal to sell firearms to most felons, children, and mentally deranged people as well.
    Also, it's nice to see you skipped over the forum rules. This thread is one heck of a classified ad. Glad to see you're bumping it hourly too....

18. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

19. gunslinger1911

You sir, are an idiot...don't educate people, imprison them...WOW

20. gunslinger1911

Alright! Someone who thinks outside the box...thank you jesus