JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done deal;

<broken link removed>

Now everyone can quit arguing over the internet! :D

Thank you... Next time this topic comes up, I guess the thread should be deleted and the thread starter kicked squarely in the sack.

Ever think that maybe you're just not funny? Your other posts just led me to believe that you honestly are that dumb...

And DEADEYE...lets hope they DON'T HAVE kids eh? ;)

ah I see. your opinion matters and no one else's opinion matters. got it. you cry about how Americans need some one to hold their hand yet you make a post complaining about no one telling you about the transport laws. :s0112::s0155:

keep calling people who do not agree with you idiots. that really makes your point valid. :s0112:

ah I see. your opinion matters and no one else's opinion matters. got it. you cry about how Americans need some one to hold their hand yet you make a post complaining about no one telling you about the transport laws. :s0112::s0155:

keep calling people who do not agree with you idiots. that really makes your point valid. :s0112:

:s0167:i wasn't complaining, and no one needed to tell me anything. i was simply offering a suggestion to try and HELP others, something you are obviously against, seeing that you would rather have them locked up than try and lend a hand. your opinion matters greatly, others could not be right if we didn't have you to be wrong...making a point that is is in everyone's best interest to educate our fellow man IS valid and i am terribly sorry you don't agree...and i wasn't calling people idiots, i was calling YOU an idiot...:s0155:

exactly. if you are dumb enough to do anything related to fire arms, ESPECIALLY interstate transfers without reading up on the laws first, you deserve 10 years in jail.

The 1968 GCA was one of the first gun control laws that instantly invented a new class of 'criminal', in this case a law abiding citizen from one state selling a firearm to an otherwise law abiding citizen from another state. What was perfectly legal one day became illegal the next. 10 years is a very harsh penalty for what is essentially a violation of not following paperwork. Folks convicted of assault, battery, sometimes even murder are awarded less jail time.

Regardless, the law IS the law, we are stuck with it, and we here on NWFA must make every effort to inform those less knowledgable of the law so that this website never gets shut down by a witch-hunting politician or other self-appointed Defender of the Public Good.

Keith

The 1968 GCA was one of the first gun control laws that instantly invented a new class of 'criminal', in this case a law abiding citizen from one state selling a firearm to an otherwise law abiding citizen from another state. What was perfectly legal one day became illegal the next. 10 years is a very harsh penalty for what is essentially a violation of not following paperwork. Folks convicted of assault, battery, sometimes even murder are awarded less jail time.

Regardless, the law IS the law, we are stuck with it, and we here on NWFA must make every effort to inform those less knowledgable of the law so that this website never gets shut down but a witch-hunting politician or other self-appointed Defender of the Public Good.

Keith

my sentiments exactly:s0067:

Regardless, the law IS the law, we are stuck with it, and we here on NWFA must make every effort to inform those less knowledgeable of the law so that this website never gets shut down by a witch-hunting politician or other self-appointed Defender of the Public Good.

Keith

+1 Keith......

I can't help but predict that some of the posters here will be the first to whine and cast blame elsewhere when we lose local FTF posting on the internet. The FFL holder's won't care, if anything, they will enjoy the extra business from all those people who won't be able to find any local FTF deals. In addition, for reasons that totally mystify me, there seems to be indifference on the part of the staff level and higher at this site, as well.

So go ahead guys.....keep striking those blows for the individual responsibility of the gun buyer...... When your heads come out of the sand, local FTF classifieds will be gone, as will the local FTF market, and we will all have virtual mandatory registration (by FFL transfers only) without the need of any direct legislation requiring it.

+1 Keith......

I can't help but predict that some of the posters here will be the first to whine and cast blame elsewhere when we lose local FTF posting on the internet. The FFL holder's won't care, if anything, they will enjoy the extra business from all those people who won't be able to find any local FTF deals. In addition, for reasons that totally mystify me, there seems to be indifference with the staff level and higher at this site, as well.

So go ahead guys.....keep striking those blows for the individual responsibility of the gun buyer...... When your heads come out of the sand, local FTF classifieds will be gone, as will the local FTF market, and we will all have virtual mandatory registration (by FFL transfers only) without the need for of any direct legislation requiring it.

+2 ob1...

instead of trying to cast the ultimate responsibility onto one group or individual, i believe that we all have a responsibility to defend these freedoms, whether it be through education or any other avenue necessary

Lets carry this a bit further...just for fun.

We will pass a law that prohibits weapons made in countries other than the US from having in excess of 10 foreign made parts. Do you have an AK with 11 foreign made parts? Well, 10 years in jail to you for not putting that US made pistol grip on it to make it legal.

We will pass a law that prohibits putting a bayonet on a Chinese SKS that was imported into the US after a certain date, even though SKSs from other countries imported after that same date, with bayonets, are OK. Well, 10 years in jail to you for putting that bayonet on that Chinese SKS.

We will pass a law that outlaws 'cop killing bullets', as we want to protect our public servants. 10 years in jail for possessing such ammunition to kill police.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'sniper rifles', as these are only used to kill innocent people. 10 years in jail for possessing such a powerful weapon.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'cheap' weapons, as these are the weapon of choice of street criminals. 10 years in jail.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'expensive weapons', as these are the weapons of choice of drug smugglers. 10 years.

10 years in jail for a Portlander selling a Vancouverite a shotgun.

10 years.

10 years.

Well, if they were too stupid not to know the law before they broke it, they deserve 10 years in jail.

...right...?

This is the point of defending our freedoms before they are all gone. We need to adhere to the laws we have now, attempt to change ones we don't like through the legislative process, and most importantly...fight with strong and determined vigilance the enactment of additional laws that by decree create new classes of 'criminals' out of otherwise law abiding citizens .

Keith

:s0167:i wasn't complaining, and no one needed to tell me anything. i was simply offering a suggestion to try and HELP others, something you are obviously against, seeing that you would rather have them locked up than try and lend a hand. your opinion matters greatly, others could not be right if we didn't have you to be wrong...making a point that is is in everyone's best interest to educate our fellow man IS valid and i am terribly sorry you don't agree...and i wasn't calling people idiots, i was calling YOU an idiot...:s0155:

ah the same old "I know you are but what am I?" argument. you weren't complaining?

welcome to america!!! the birthplace of: "CAUTION: THE BEVERAGE YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENJOY IS EXTREMELY HOT!"

I guess I just misread that huh? :s0112: congratulations, you have spread the word that has been spread over and over and over. bravo!:s0114:

Lets carry this a bit further...just for fun.

We will pass a law that prohibits weapons made in countries other than the US from having in excess of 10 foreign made parts. Do you have an AK with 11 foreign made parts? Well, 10 years in jail to you for not putting that US made pistol grip on it to make it legal.

We will pass a law that prohibits putting a bayonet on a Chinese SKS that was imported into the US after a certain date, even though SKSs from other countries imported after that same date, with bayonets, are OK. Well, 10 years in jail to you for putting that bayonet on that Chinese SKS.

We will pass a law that outlaws 'cop killing bullets', as we want to protect our public servants. 10 years in jail for possessing such ammunition to kill police.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'sniper rifles', as these are only used to kill innocent people. 10 years in jail for possessing such a powerful weapon.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'cheap' weapons, as these are the weapon of choice of street criminals. 10 years in jail.

We will pass a law that prohibits 'expensive weapons', as these are the weapons of choice of drug smugglers. 10 years.

10 years in jail for a Portlander selling a Vancouverite a shotgun.

10 years.

10 years.

Well, if they were too stupid not to know the law before they broke it, they deserve 10 years in jail.

...right...?

This is the point of defending our freedoms before they are all gone. We need to adhere to the laws we have now, attempt to change ones we don't like through the legislative process, and most importantly...fight with strong and determined vigilance the enactment of additional laws that by decree create new classes of 'criminals' out of otherwise law abiding citizens .

Keith

and I agree that the law is a bit of a stretch but it is the law. just because you don't know the laws doesn't excuse you from breaking them. it's ultimately your responsibility and as you've said, it has been a law for years now. again, if you don't want to read up on the laws before you act, you deserve everything coming your way. If you wanted to be educated on the topic there is plenty of material out there. that's my point, even though it got muddled up by gunslinger1911 getting his panties in a bunch. if you want to throw up a thousand stickies, please do. that still won't stop some from asking the same question because they simply ignore it even if it is posted (clear example of the OP).

I love how my comment got twisted into somehow endangering the rights of all gun owners because I think stupidity should be penalized.

There is a huge difference between stupidity and ignorance. For example stupidity is inherited and lives within the genepool of those with an inability to learn or grow intellectually...ie: chipperxd, ignorance on the otherhand is the example of a person with skills unrefined and ability unrecognized...ie: some one who hasn't been taught yet...just sayin

no ignorance in this case exists because some, like you, are just too stupid to realize that they can fend for themselves and not make excuses for not knowing the law. all you can do is call me an idiot yet I was smart enough not to cry and make a post about rule that is already in the forum rules. how about we make a sticky in every sales forum about it? or how about in every sales posts? or in every single post on here for that matter?

Did you not notice that I did find the legal regs? On my own no less...I know its hard for you to grasp, but im talking about helping OTHERS find this information just a little easier...to better serve everyone here...

Did you not notice that I did find the legal regs? On my own no less...I know its hard for you to grasp, but im talking about helping OTHERS find this information just a little easier...to better serve everyone here...

lol you really are super dense. thank you for proving my point. you found the info all on your own? how is that possible when no one told you or there wasn't a sticky in the classifieds? it doesn't make much effort to find it now does it? :s0114:

Gentlemen...please. :rolleyes: I think we all agree here about the necessity of following the law. In reality, all of us here, every day, inadvertently break dozens of laws that should result in fines or imprisonment. Let's just try to educate those who don't know the law so that they don't get caught doing something that jeopardizes their (and potentially our) freedoms.

Keith

lol you really are super dense. thank you for proving my point. you found the info all on your own? how is that possible when no one told you or there wasn't a sticky in the classifieds? it doesn't make much effort to find it now does it? :s0114:

Just quit engaging him... Don't feed teh (lulz) Trolls and they'll eventually go away. I read about 3 of his posts and disregarded all the rest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top