JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here: Ruger - Tell the CEO

while checking out the Ruger Sight on what new fangle of a firearm they are cranking out, I found the above feedback block. Now I am not a hardcore fan of Ruger (I was 19 when old man ruger did his letter on what became the AWB), but I do beleive in second chances, I mean it has been over 20 years so maybe it's time to bury the hatchet?

Anyways I sent my feedback in expressing my desire for a Ruger Mini-30 that takes AK mags with ghost ring sights and a picatinny scout rail mount.

I've heard alot people gripe about Ruger or whine about a wish list of there's, so shut up and write Ruger about it.

SF-

Here: Ruger - Tell the CEO

while checking out the Ruger Sight on what new fangle of a firearm they are cranking out, I found the above feedback block. Now I am not a hardcore fan of Ruger (I was 19 when old man ruger did his letter on what became the AWB), but I do beleive in second chances, I mean it has been over 20 years so maybe it's time to bury the hatchet?

Anyways I sent my feedback in expressing my desire for a Ruger Mini-30 that takes AK mags with ghost ring sights and a picatinny scout rail mount.

I've heard alot people gripe about Ruger or whine about a wish list of there's, so shut up and write Ruger about it.

SF-

Old Man Ruger is long gone. The company has already changed for the better. Ruger® SR-556® Autoloading Rifle .

I agree, an updated Mini-30 as you describe would be an interesting rifle to shoot.

Keith

Old Man Ruger is long gone. The company has already changed for the better. Ruger® SR-556® Autoloading Rifle .
Keith

I disagree. The company saw a hot selling ticket item and moved on it. I would venture to say it wasn't a ruger engineer who designed there piston upper, the furniture is magpul, and further to bet they out sourced the barrels and upper receivers along with the LPK and misc pins, springs and screws. So what did Ruger make on there SR 556? maybe there lowers but I don't really know either way.

IMHO, the jury is still out on Ruger. If they had seen the errors of there ways why didn't the SR 556 come out sooner?

SF-

It reasons why or who designed it doesn't matter. They are marketing a 'high capacity, evil assault rifle', something the old man would never have allowed. They are following the market, something all firearms companies do.

Keith

I would like to see Ruger put out a P89 or P95 semi in 10MM instead of 9 or 45. If they overbuilt it like they did with the GP100 or Red/Blackhawks, it could stand up to the same hot handloads that their revolvers do.

I disagree. The company saw a hot selling ticket item and moved on it. I would venture to say it wasn't a ruger engineer who designed there piston upper, the furniture is magpul, and further to bet they out sourced the barrels and upper receivers along with the LPK and misc pins, springs and screws. So what did Ruger make on there SR 556? maybe there lowers but I don't really know either way.

IMHO, the jury is still out on Ruger. If they had seen the errors of there ways why didn't the SR 556 come out sooner?

SF-

+1.

SF-

The jury is still out? Ruger has been in the modern sporting rifle business longer than 99.9% of all manufacturers. The Ruger brand is stronger than ever in no small part to the leadership of Bill Ruger. In the late 80's and early 90's the general public's view on firearms was entirely different than it is now and the mini-14 was fast on its way to becoming the poster child for the evil "assault weapons" that were being denigrated in the media. Instead of sticking his head in the sand and producing 100 round magazines while waiting for his firearms to be outlawed one by one he saw the writing on the wall and made the brilliant decision to actually engage with the political movement that was becoming a tidal wave and was successful in helping craft a bill that allowed him to keep pumping out his firearms at a rapid pace. In my opinion Bill Ruger was a crazy man alright, crazy like a fox that is. I have said it before and I will say it again, Bill Ruger is a national treasure and I will always look to Ruger first for all of my firearm needs.

P.S.- And he was right, you don't need more than 10 rounds in a magazine. You may want them, but you don't need them.

Still waiting for a .45/410 on a GP-100 size frame (stretched of course). This would blow the Taurus out of the water. And $70 for the ten round mags for the new scout rifle? Really? The rifle is great but at $70 per mag, they can pretty much suck on it...

i've emailed ruger customer support on a couple occasions about what they should do to improve their designs. still wish they would change the damned sr9's thumb safety.

The Blackhawk I had didn't have moon clips for the 9mm cylinder...

That's because a single action ejects shells one at a time. A typical DA revolver ejects all at once, making use of an extractor star. Without a rim to engage that star (or some other convoluted method), rimless cartridges, such as the 9mm, 10mm, and 45 ACP need a moonclip to engage the extractor star.

P.S.- And he was right, you don't need more than 10 rounds in a magazine. You may want them, but you don't need them.

Komrade keystir.....

You may want a 2500 sq ft home but you only need 1500

you may want 10 acres in the country but you only need a humble flat in the city

you may want a 4x4 truck but you only need a smart car

you may want..... I could probably go on for a long time but why? Bill Ruger may have been some one to look up to but selling out the rights of Americans so he can profit???? What the flak?!?

Bill Ruger was wrong then and he is wrong now.

SF-

If they would just modernize the mini-14 and the mini-30 line a bit more I think they would actually start to sell better. Make them 1" at 100yd guns, make the mags cheaper, make the mini-30 take AK mags, make a model with a full length rail from the rear sight to the gas block, make a GOOD folding stock, make a stock that could accept AR pistol grips. Pin on the gas block and ditch the screws. The gas block design is a major beef with me and needs to be changed. Maybe its a bit better with the new, thicker barrel. But on the old ones you can totally improve your accuracy some by re-torquing the gas block, dumb. I love the mini as a platform, I just hate it in execution.

The jury is still out? Ruger has been in the modern sporting rifle business longer than 99.9% of all manufacturers. The Ruger brand is stronger than ever in no small part to the leadership of Bill Ruger. In the late 80's and early 90's the general public's view on firearms was entirely different than it is now and the mini-14 was fast on its way to becoming the poster child for the evil "assault weapons" that were being denigrated in the media. Instead of sticking his head in the sand and producing 100 round magazines while waiting for his firearms to be outlawed one by one he saw the writing on the wall and made the brilliant decision to actually engage with the political movement that was becoming a tidal wave and was successful in helping craft a bill that allowed him to keep pumping out his firearms at a rapid pace. In my opinion Bill Ruger was a crazy man alright, crazy like a fox that is. I have said it before and I will say it again, Bill Ruger is a national treasure and I will always look to Ruger first for all of my firearm needs.

My question is: During the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban, Ruger could have legally made 10 round magazines for the Mini-14. Why didn't they? Why don't they make 10 rounders now? I think Ruger has dropped the ball on far too many occasions!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top