JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Komrade keystir.....

You may want a 2500 sq ft home but you only need 1500

you may want 10 acres in the country but you only need a humble flat in the city

you may want a 4x4 truck but you only need a smart car

Multiple choice question: Which ONE of these is a right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights?

1.) 2500 sq ft home
2.) 10 acres in the country
3.) 100 round magazine
3.) 4x4 truck.
4.) THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

you may want..... I could probably go on for a long time but why? Bill Ruger may have been some one to look up to but selling out the rights of Americans so he can profit???? What the flak?!?

Who are you to speak out against big business making a profit? Maybe a little komrade in you my friend.

Bill Ruger was wrong then and he is wrong now.

Bill Ruger was right then and he is right now

Funny how I see a lot of folks on this forum ready to bash someone who fulfilled the American dream by producing quality, American made firearms while tripping over themselves to purchase the latest foreign import.

I told him they need to come up with a commemorative MR T mini 14 factory Folder gold plated with "I pity the fool" etched on it

t001.jpg

i also told him they should start producing the mini14 factory folding stock as well as produce one for ruger 10/22

its not as scary as the piston ar they jumped on the bandwagon of.

Ruger should make an assault rifle ban anniversary mini 14
With a 10 round fixed mag

Btw keystir your arguement is very weak. First you say no one needs more than 10 round mags then say the right to bear arms is protected

Bill ruger was a carpet bagger. Traitor. Glad the company saw the error in their ways but would still like to see an apology for bill rugers action

Maybe still they love ripping off keltec. Join with keltec and dump rfb. Pmr. Ksg onto the market

Btw keystir your arguement is very weak. First you say no one needs more than 10 round mags then say the right to bear arms is protected

So not just weak, but very weak. If it was just weak maybe I would have had a response but since it is VERY weak I guess I should just quit while the quitting's good.

Nowhere in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights does it guarantee your right to attach a 100 round drum magazine to your AR/AK/MINI before you head out to the woods with your buddies to play army. Should you be able to have one? I don't care, but it's not a right guaranteed to you. When the Bill of Rights was written semi-automatic firearms were about 100 years away from reality and the writers had no way of knowing how the future of firearms would play out. So if we take the "What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand" approach than your neighbor having a small compact nuclear bomb in their basement should be perfectly legal and protected under the 2nd amendment. Frankly, I find that interpretation ridiculous and don't believe for a second that is what the writer's were intending. Now we could take another approach when interpreting The Constitution/Bill of Rights and view it as a living, breathing document that is meant to change and develop with us as we as a country change and develop. If that's the case I think an argument could be made both ways with myself and Bill Ruger on the side of 10 rounds is enough. But be careful, because we can't pick and choose how we interpret The Constitution depending on our own personal beliefs on a single issue.

So not just weak, but very weak. If it was just weak maybe I would have had a response but since it is VERY weak I guess I should just quit while the quitting's good.

Nowhere in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights does it guarantee your right to attach a 100 round drum magazine to your AR/AK/MINI before you head out to the woods with your buddies to play army. Should you be able to have one? I don't care, but it's not a right guaranteed to you. When the Bill of Rights was written semi-automatic firearms were about 100 years away from reality and the writers had no way of knowing how the future of firearms would play out. So if we take the "What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand" approach than your neighbor having a small compact nuclear bomb in their basement should be perfectly legal and protected under the 2nd amendment. Frankly, I find that interpretation ridiculous and don't believe for a second that is what the writer's were intending. Now we could take another approach when interpreting The Constitution/Bill of Rights and view it as a living, breathing document that is meant to change and develop with us as we as a country change and develop. If that's the case I think an argument could be made both ways with myself and Bill Ruger on the side of 10 rounds is enough. But be careful, because we can't pick and choose how we interpret The Constitution depending on our own personal beliefs on a single issue.

But you would certainly find it protects, and was designed to protect, exactly the sort of kit you'd expect your average soldier to be carrying.

I never could get that excited about anything coming out of Ruger, especially their handguns. I considered a mini-14 once, but Bill Rugers mouth cured that itch.

As for those who say "thats all in the past"....... that's sort of like telling the choir boy that "Father Fondlebum" deserves a second chance.

Ruger started just a few years after I was born.
Ruger has always been reactionary; always behind an established trend.
When Ruger gets infront of a trend it fails with a capitol F.
Ruger relies on sub standard MFG methods which adds to it's F-Fail.
ERGONOMICS IS A THING THAT Ruger copys, not develops!
If it was not for Ruger's copy of Elmer Kieth's #5 SAA, Ruger would not be riding the CASA wave (which is about dead, as many members realize they cannot turn back the clock and switch to AR's and AK's to protect thier grandchildren).
Romantisim is dead, the finely made Mauser and Springfield Sporters of our youth, intended to harvest large game via excelent marksmanship, are dead.
America prepares for war on the home front. The once beutiful rifle is now degraded and ugly.
The ugly and obscene weapon of war now elivated beyond art and beuty.
Ruger will be right behind, once it has quantified the Trend

If they would just modernize the mini-14 and the mini-30 line a bit more I think they would actually start to sell better. Make them 1" at 100yd guns, make the mags cheaper, make the mini-30 take AK mags, make a model with a full length rail from the rear sight to the gas block, make a GOOD folding stock, make a stock that could accept AR pistol grips. Pin on the gas block and ditch the screws. The gas block design is a major beef with me and needs to be changed. Maybe its a bit better with the new, thicker barrel. But on the old ones you can totally improve your accuracy some by re-torquing the gas block, dumb. I love the mini as a platform, I just hate it in execution.

Completely forgot about the gas block on the mini's. Thanks for bringing it up.

SF-

Who are you to speak out against big business making a profit? Maybe a little komrade in you my friend.

Speaking out against big business???? Wow. I consider big business industrial leaders who come up with new products driven by the need to satisfy there customers while able to make a profit. Ruger just copies the most recent trend... Not much of a leader there. Nope. After the multiple recalls are they really making a profit? You really consider it ethical to write a letter that would fuel the anti-gun crowd that passed a law banning sporting arms but the ones you made????? Not the American dream I dream of. That's called screwing your buddy. Pretty low of someone to do that and not the kind of guy I would look up to.

You are right about me, I do refuel my little komrade with occasional vodka when I am visiting the family farm in Oregon. Oh yeah, my little komrade also had a beautiful AK-47 made in 1953 as my back up rifle that I kept in my truck in Afghanistan.

I consider big business industrial leaders who come up with new products driven by the need to satisfy there customers while able to make a profit.

That sounds so good I bet you actually believe that.

You really consider it ethical to write a letter that would fuel the anti-gun crowd that passed a law banning sporting arms but the ones you made?????

The anti-gun crowd was primed and ready to push thru legislation that would have ACTUALLY BANNED many semi-auto rifles. Instead of sticking his head in the sand and shouting "no compromise" he helped to steer the law toward magazine capacity and certain cosmetic features that scared the prohibitionists rather than banning actual semi-auto modern sporting firearms. So in reality all the law really did was force mall ninja's to use fake adjustable stocks (They looked cool and it was what the guys on TV had:s0155:) and save them money by forcing more reloads. Not only do I consider it ethical, I consider Mr. Ruger a freakin hero.

You are right about me, I do refuel my little komrade with occasional vodka when I am visiting the family farm in Oregon. Oh yeah, my little komrade also had a beautiful AK-47 made in 1953 as my back up rifle that I kept in my truck in Afghanistan.

I'm jealous. I wish I had a family farm to go visit. Are you gonna move back and take over the homestead?

I usually try to stay out of 'gun quality' debates such as this but I do have to put in my 2c worth. I have owned only a three Rugers, a brand new Super Blackhawk, an old worn out Service Six and a LNIB SS Blackhawk as of a few years ago. Also an uncle of mine used to work as a machinist for them in the 70's. Quality of Ruger is excellent and they make some very fine firearms but I believed they dropped the ball on the Mini-14. I would like to have one but the ergonomics on a stock mini are terrible. It comes to the shoulder like a fence post, has not only bad stock sights but is difficult for me to get a comfortable alignment of of the sights. Understand this all based on the two or three Mini's I have held and shot but a redesign should have came long ago. I expect a stock rifle to have at least 'usable' sights but the Mini's are the worst. Now an LEO friend of mine has a newer SS mini with a folder and that is better but still nothing I would want to shoot on a regular basis. Now the PC 9 Ruger made several years back is a beauty. Comfortable to shoulder and shoot and came stock with what are essentially 10-22 sights. Almost feels like a 'big' 10-22 on the shoulder. Also I was never a fan of the 'P' series autos. Big, bulky and clunky in a world of streamlined and better designed autos.

I'm jealous. I wish I had a family farm to go visit. Are you gonna move back and take over the homestead?

Moving back, yes. Taking over, no. Little brother has been managing for over six years and he is due to do so. He is the right man for the place. Being the senior ranch hand is alright in my book.

This weekend is going to be a three day work party, but after five it's boots off and bottles up. Thursday night is going be elk burgers, Friday morning all the fixings go into the Croc pot for beef stew from the steer that was mostly canned minus the steaks and roast and Sunday dinner will be grilled venison.

My nephew has been in Dornbeckers(SP?) since he was born so there is alot to get done.

Oh yeah, Bill Ruger is still a jerk ;) Have a good weekend.

SF-

No matter what kinds of firearms Ruger makes, or any other company for that matter, not everyone will be happy. Some folks like to sound important by being critical of the widget made by company X. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Gun makers, auto makers, toaster makers, what-ever, make their manufacturing decisions based on sales. If a product meets a certain percentage of the market share, they keep on making them. If sales are sluggish for a particular model, they discontinue it. It really is just that simple.

Bill Ruger screwed up.
Bill Ruger is dead.
His son changed company policy years ago.
Time to let it go.

I usually try to stay out of 'gun quality' debates such as this but I do have to put in my 2c worth. I have owned only a three Rugers, a brand new Super Blackhawk, an old worn out Service Six and a LNIB SS Blackhawk as of a few years ago. Also an uncle of mine used to work as a machinist for them in the 70's. Quality of Ruger is excellent and they make some very fine firearms but I believed they dropped the ball on the Mini-14. I would like to have one but the ergonomics on a stock mini are terrible. It comes to the shoulder like a fence post, has not only bad stock sights but is difficult for me to get a comfortable alignment of of the sights. Understand this all based on the two or three Mini's I have held and shot but a redesign should have came long ago. I expect a stock rifle to have at least 'usable' sights but the Mini's are the worst. Now an LEO friend of mine has a newer SS mini with a folder and that is better but still nothing I would want to shoot on a regular basis. Now the PC 9 Ruger made several years back is a beauty. Comfortable to shoulder and shoot and came stock with what are essentially 10-22 sights. Almost feels like a 'big' 10-22 on the shoulder. Also I was never a fan of the 'P' series autos. Big, bulky and clunky in a world of streamlined and better designed autos.

+1 to this. I get the old guy pissed people off, but what does that have to do with the quality of the current company's firearms?

I have a very nice 10+ year old SBH, a couple years old GP100, and a practically brand new LCR. All great quality firearms. The GP100 is hands down my favorite gun to shoot over anything else I own, even my beloved 1911s. If you are letting personal feelings get in the way of handling some very nice firearms, you are missing out. Admittedly, I'm not a Mini guy, but that doesn't mean I give up on an entire company product line.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top