JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You want to send me one?

I figured I would give it a try. Mostly just a good scope for the money
But I was shooting out further and realized this may be a fairly accurate gun so I decided to go with a higher powered scope instead of the close in scope option. Doesn't mean I won't change it around,lol
This one can still go on my M70 308

Well, for hunting that scope would be OK. But don't you want this rifle to also be effective for self-defense, too? That is a pretty big and heavy scope, plus it has exposed turrets that could get knocked off zero. I would never want to have turrets like that on a rifle that might be used for self-defense.

If you want to go with Nikon, there are better options in my opinion. They would be Monarch series scopes that are smaller and lighter, have turret covers, and still offer decent magnification for longer range shooting. Having a scope that can only go down to 4x would be a challenge to use at closer self-defense ranges.

By the way, prices at Bud's Gunshop.com are hard to beat for Nikon brand scopes. Some other Nikon options would be:

Nikon Monarch 3 2-8x 32mm for $299:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...rch+3+2-8x+32mm+Obj+46.2-11.5ft+@+100+yds+FOV

Nikon Monarch 3 2-10x 42mm for $399:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...rch+3+2-8x+32mm+Obj+46.2-11.5ft+@+100+yds+FOV

85677.jpg

Nikon Monarch 3 3-12x 42mm for $449:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...rch+3+3-12x+42mm+Obj+33.6+ft-8.4+ft+@+100+yds

85677.jpg

It was to be for close in but as i said,the accuracy is there so I will use it to o out further.
I was shooting HSM FMJ 150 grains at the range yesterday and it was doing great.Then all of the sudden the group just moved:eek: WTF? Oh yeah I had some loose ,cheap China ammo laying on a shelf that I loaded in the mag first,lol
I believe after I come up with a load for it ,it will be spot on
And I love the scope so far.
It won't move to the M70 308 deer gun,cause I just took my nice 4-16 Luppy off of it because I want a 2.5 to something for more field of view at closer ranges.
But that's for another thread

Well, for hunting that scope would be OK. But don't you want this rifle to also be effective for self-defense, too? That is a pretty big and heavy scope, plus it has exposed turrets that could get knocked off zero. I would never want to have turrets like that on a rifle that might be used for self-defense.

If you want to go with Nikon, there are better options in my opinion. They would be Monarch series scopes that are smaller and lighter, have turret covers, and still offer decent magnification for longer range shooting. Having a scope that can only go down to 4x would be a challenge to use at closer self-defense ranges.

Exposed turrets aren't much of an issue on a quality scope tbh. On lower end scopes turrets tend to so easy to change that it practically just needs good wind. On my Bushnell its a bit tough to move the turrets, haven't had issues with them being moved by me slinging the rifle over my shoulder or bumping around in the woods. It can happen, but the change wouldn't be a whole lot tbh. Though if its on a .308 its kind of a moot point in most scenarios tbh.

4x in close range is a bit easier to use than some people say it is. Still not a good choice for it though.

It was to be for close in but as i said,the accuracy is there so I will use it to o out further.
I was shooting HSM FMJ 150 grains at the range yesterday and it was doing great.Then all of the sudden the group just moved:eek: WTF? Oh yeah I had some loose ,cheap China ammo laying on a shelf that I loaded in the mag first,lol
I believe after I come up with a load for it ,it will be spot on
And I love the scope so far.
It won't move to the M70 308 deer gun,cause I just took my nice 4-16 Luppy off of it because I want a 2.5 to something for more field of view at closer ranges.
But that's for another thread

The most versatile for close range to long range would be a 1-6, or 1-10 if you can find one. Downside is that most tend to have a smaller objective.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top