JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, looking for your first-hand experiences with the mini Draco.

I have a "normal" or "full-sized" Draco that is registered and is an absolute blast to shoot (literally). This Draco has a fixed AK stock and is a fun range toy. With a folder scabbed on it's uncomfortable to shoot and still too big to hide away in any instance.

Have hatched this idea that a mini Draco might be amazing as a kind of "backpack" gun. Add Krink style side folder and have a gun that is backpack size (albeit loud and obnoxious).

So, having never fired a mini Draco, what are the mini Draco's like?

I put a mag through one once...loud, blasty, obnoxiuos, but kinda fun. :s0112:

Only thing I might be concerned with is terminal performance, pretty short barrel for x39...

Oh, and hey!!! Glad to see youre still around :)

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Was watching an older MAC video where he chronoed some M43 through an AKM, Draco and mini Draco.

IMG_1844.png This was from the AKM.

IMG_1845.png
This from a "normal" Draco

IMG_1843.jpeg
This from a mini Draco

So, a loss of velocity to be sure, but not the end of the world, not like a .223/5.56 or 5.45 would have with corresponding loss of terminal performance.

Last Edited:
Just a pic gleaned off the web.

IMG_2016.JPG

Not a fan of the underfolder, but paints a picture of shortness.

Thinking the "normal" Draco is going to have a tough time being that proverbial "backpack gun." The mini seems just about perfect.

Allow me to introduce you to Black Betty.

IMG_3772.jpeg

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_3801.png

I thought I would use her as a home defense weapon, but she was a fire-breather. Even with a flash hider installed.

She was literally a blast, and I realized that I would probably be temporarily blinded by the muzzle flash if I had to set her off indoors. So, she got traded away.

Your mileage may vary.

Last Edited:
That is pretty rad!

While I'm not adverse to big muzzle blasts, I think you're right in something like that being detrimental in any kind of role other than a fun range toy.

91.16.01_2018.12.13.05.JPG
The Moist Nugget - 16.5-inch 91/30

… fun range toy

Howard, what muzzle device do you have there? Looks kinda like a Krink booster. Did you ever use a flash hider? Wondering what that might have been like with A1 like flash hider.

Last Edited:
I have thought about the CZ. I have a normal Scorpion already and a few other PCCs. Hoping to figure out something more "stout." Something "robust" (like an AK folder) that would be rifle caliber, but still compact like would fit into a backpack. The ARs is kinda my go-to, but can't get it compact enough with the receiver extension. Had thought about a side folder for AR, but don't sleep well thinking about the novel options.

Also, like Knobgoblin had mentioned, the hand guard is not a happy thing to think about. Have seen that MI has an option but options are certainly limited.

That is pretty rad!

While I'm not adverse to big muzzle blasts, I think you're right in something like that being detrimental in any kind of role other than a fun range toy.

View attachment 1823081
The Moist Nugget - 16.5-inch 91/30

… fun range toy

Howard, what muzzle device do you have there? Looks kinda like a Krink booster. Did you ever use a flash hider? Wondering what that might have been like with A1 like flash hider.
Pretty sure it was this one:

IMG_2680.jpeg

I had similar thoughts about a mini Draco or similar AK SBR. After much contemplation I think I like the idea of a SBR 300 BLK as I think it would be more versatile. 300 BLK would give up some velocity over 7.62x39 but not a lot. You could quiet standard velocity 300 BLK down some with a suppressor so it isn't as ear rupturing. Or you can give up a notable amount of velocity and energy and shoot subsonics which would be more suitable for indoor use / home protection. I am tossing around the idea of a 9" 300 BLK barrel, or maybe a 6.75" barrel for a little more compact package when using a suppressor.

Like the OP I already have a SBR 9mm and would like something with a bit more (rifle) punch capability even if 300 BLK subsonic ammo doesn't offer much of energy advantage over 9mm subsonics.

It looks like 300 BLK subsonics has about a ~40 - 50% energy increase over 9mm subsonics due to heavier bullet weight (220gr vs 147gr).
But 300 BLK has about a ~300% energy advantage with supersonic ammo over 9mm supersonic.
And 300 BLK have about ~85 - 90% energy capability of 7.62 x 39.

Hence my thinking 300 BLK has the potential of being much more versatile than 7.62x39???

I am just toying with the idea right now and would be interested in any ones thought on the idea.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top