JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have thought about the CZ. I have a normal Scorpion already and a few other PCCs. Hoping to figure out something more "stout." Something "robust" (like an AK folder) that would be rifle caliber, but still compact like would fit into a backpack. The ARs is kinda my go-to, but can't get it compact enough with the receiver extension. Had thought about a side folder for AR, but don't sleep well thinking about the novel options.
This can help get OAL down on an AR for a backpack set-up

Then couple that with this

Last Edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys, I really appreciate it.

I think the Sig in 300 BLK would be about as awesome as it gets (or maybe a B&T in 300).

I know a little about ARs and have a couple and have just not been a fan of the folder options - that pesky receiver extension is a very limiting factor. The AK on the other hand has had the fortune of years of manufacture with different folders.

On the 300 BLK, I have a few and would love to go in that direction, but that whole folder "thing." Someone wants to donate an Sig or B&T I'd not argue.

Not sure if this has been mentioned - but have you shot one of these?

IMG_0729.png

I am not a fan of AR's either. I don't like the folding options either due to the buffer tubes. When measure 114 passed I gave in and decided to buy an AR while I still could. Since I am only ever going to own one AR I decided to get the best I could find... as opposed to collecting several cheap AR's. I went with the Sig MCX Spear LT and since it has a brace I was able to register it as a SBR for free.

I love the SIG but I am still not a fan of the rear charging handle. I much prefer an AK style side charging handle. But at least I have a real folding stock. I haven't scrapped together the money for a 9" 300 AAC BLK barrel yet (about $600) but hope to some day as well as buying a suppressor. One of the nice features of the SIG is quick barrel swaps without having to have a whole second upper receiver. I think this will serve my "need" for a compact, folding SBR with rifle class ballistics... and be a good suppressor platform (some day).

I have had my AK for about 30 years now and it doesn't have a rigid enough top cover to mount a red dot or a scope. I respect the ballistics of 7.62x39 much more than I respect .223, which is just a varmint cartridge in my book. I think 300 BLK will be a good compromise for me.

Last Edited:
Allow me to introduce you to Black Betty.

View attachment 1823073

View attachment 1823072

View attachment 1823074

View attachment 1823075

I thought I would use her as a home defense weapon, but she was a fire-breather. Even with a flash hider installed.

She was literally a blast, and I realized that I would probably be temporarily blinded by the muzzle flash if I had to set her off indoors. So, she got traded away.

Your mileage may vary.
Is that an American made flash hider? I think I might have the same one on my Draco SBR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top