JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand having a bad experience, but some have had good experiences. Dismissing those good experiences as internet hyperbole is BS in my book...

The OP asked for opinions on Taurus. Are we all just supposed to sit on our hands and sing kumbaya? My OPINION, along with many others OPINION is that there are better options.

You know how many times I've caught heat for liking Glock? I've lost count.......

We're all good, brother. :)

The OP asked for opinions on Taurus. Are we all just supposed to sit on our hands and sing kumbaya? My OPINION, along with many others OPINION is that there are better options.

You know how many times I've caught heat for liking Glock? I've lost count.......

We're all good, brother. :)
Wait, you like Glock? J/k! ;)

For every bad review, another three are purchased and nothing is said. Probably more honestly. I'm always seeing the new G2C selling out on many websites.

It's not like I truly care what people do with their money.

I find humor in the "they suck because xyz" or "I have more negative than you do positive"

Its a gun. I like guns. I shoot a lot. I won't let a little gun not get shot because of the logo on its side or some folks on the internet said something about it.

You all know I'll defend any gun, giving them all a chance.

I find humor how people that own them are upset that some of us won't recommend them......

Again, kinda like Glock. I've heard all the jokes, all the put downs. And that's ok because that's their OPINION.

Show me where I've gotten all upset about it.....I'll wait........oh yeah I even TRASHED the G44 in that thread. I'll call out ANY firearm with a poor track record, not defend it.

Taurus, Kel-Tec and Hi-Point just make it a little easier. :p

I find humor how people that own them are upset that some of us won't recommend them......

Again, kinda like Glock. I've heard all the jokes, all the put downs. And that's ok because that's their OPINION.

Show me where I've gotten all upset about it.....I'll wait........oh yeah I even TRASHED the G44 in that thread. I'll call out ANY firearm with a poor track record, not defend it.

Taurus, Kel-Tec and Hi-Point just make it a little easier. :p
I'm not upset you won't recommend them. I see a Taurus thread, or Keltec, or Hipoint, etc. I'm more upset NOT seeing you chime in.

I think it is valid to tell folks both sides.

You represent the "don't buy"

I represent the "go ahead and buy"

Its up to the OP to read through all the comments and decide.

Im not dismissing any of the negative sides. I try not to go at anyone who has different opinions, at least as much as I can these days!

I do poke some sarcasm sometimes, as I know you @Kruel J are good for some fun in these threads! For that I apologize, I really should stop.

I have had multiple Hi Points (both pistols and carbines) come into my side business FFL. Most of the time, among the various paperwork, I see what the customer paid for them. I shake my head because, while cheaper, for just a tad more they'd be into a territory of much better options. Not to mention the shipping and the small fee I charge for the transfer. Oh well.

I've been eyeballing this snubby 8 shot in 22.

1580249402949.png

Ya, sometimes autocorrect kills me. Just look at the "members quotes out of context thread"

Let's just see what actual Taurus owners are saying. Over 2700 THREADS about Taurus gun problems with titles such as "I got another lemon..." and "Done with Taurus," and "It broke," and "Junk...". Tens of hours of reading real customer problems.

Let's just see what actual Taurus owners are saying. Over 2700 THREADS about Taurus gun problems with titles such as "I got another lemon..." and "Done with Taurus," and "It broke," and "Junk...". Tens of hours of reading real customer problems.

That's just a VERY SMALL percentage of otherwise happy Taurus owners.

NR. :D

I don't need to own a Pinto or a Vega to know I don't want either, I've seen enough friends and acquaintances with both. I don't need to buy one myself to confirm my observations, same with owning a Taurus. I also know enough FFL dealers (including my dad back in the day) that consistently send Taurus
firearms back for warranty work. Lifetime warranties don't impress me much if I need to utilize them for a lifetime, I'd rather have a weapon without a warranty I can rely on than a one with a warranty I can't. They may be a notch above Raven or Lorcin, I don't know, I don't care.

The only thing I can thick of that Taurus has put out that peaked my interest was their ribber grips.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top