JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have three Taurus revolvers currently and enjoy them greatly. Two of them are .357 magnums and one 44 mag. I am soon to be selling my Tracker 6 inch that has been my trusted sidearm while hunting/ fishing out east, and my M605 2 inch 5-shot is what I sometimes carry. I would sell you this but you want a 3-4 inch barrel length. I would like to do away with 357 magnums. I will now carry my 4 inch Tracker in 44 mag as a hiking/ hunting sidearm if not the 454 while exclusively hunting.

The revolvers I like, never owned their semi-autos, never really got into the plastic guns other than the Glock and HK I own, soon to be no more.

I have had a couple of their semi-autos, and a revolver. All went bang, no issues. Went on to different homes so I could find other things.
I will say that I did enjoy shooting the semis, I had a millennium g2 and a g2s. They were both enjoyable. Enough so that I've been considering buying a couple more g2s' for the safe, but will likely buy a used G21. The revolver was ok. I don't think there was anything wrong with function or lockup, but by that time I had owned and fired better ones and may have been spoiled.

had a few Tauri with problem,, still have a faultless PT92, but it can be a roll of the dice.
I'd look for a used pre lock S&W L framed 19 or N framed 28. They're invariably reliable accurate shooters and if you buy wisely and need to sell, you'll get most of your money back.
I see you're in Vancouver, no idea how the gunshops are there, but it might be worth a drive to Northwest Armory in Tigard where they have a billion used revolvers you can try and cool staff, who're happy to let you try them. if you're not looking to CCW it, a used N frame Smith is one of the nicest launchpads...

I had an 85 and a 66 both worked great. Straight shooters with zero issue. The only reason I no longer have them is I'm scaling down my safe.

If you're looking for a workhorse revolver without a lot of frills I think Taurus is a fine option.

Everyone has their own taste... And yes i have mine too... But with today's CNC MACHINES if your gun breaks it's more likely do from quality control than a flaw in the gun... And for those who are going to jump all over me for my opinion... The buyer first has to decide what they are going to use it for and be honest on how much they plan on shooting said fire arm... Cheaper guns won't take a BAZILLION rounds through it... But if you're just plinking you don't need the highest dollar rigs out there... I know more shooters out there with cheaper weapons that can out shoot the gun snobs 7 days a week... Nothing worse than a guy getting a new gun and going to the range and some clown telling to guy with his new gun...I'd NEVER SHOOT ONE OF THOSE... And it happens more than you'd think... And this is my opinion only... But i'll take 2 or 3 weapons and ammo everytime over some high priced rig that only comes out to shown off... Just Me

I've had a couple of their revolvers (90s, maybe 01-02) and had no issues personally.

I wouldn't buy one online though... I don't trust em that much. Plus, if you get a dud, good luck dealing with their customer service, "Lifetime Warranty" be damned.

My advice is to go to a BEEEG gun store that has lots of guns in the cases (like Cabelas) and handle a couple. Then do the same with S&W, Ruger, maybe even a Colt or Kimber if you can find one.

When you're done I think you'll know what to do.

I read an interview with the Taurus CEO a couple of years ago. He was painfully aware of his company's reputation and was vowing to fix it... not sure how that worked out because I still read complaints. A lot of em.

Everyone has their own taste... And yes i have mine too... But with today's CNC MACHINES if your gun breaks it's more likely do from quality control than a flaw in the gun... And for those who are going to jump all over me for my opinion... The buyer first has to decide what they are going to use it for and be honest on how much they plan on shooting said fire arm... Cheaper guns won't take a BAZILLION rounds through it... But if you're just plinking you don't need the highest dollar rigs out there... I know more shooters out there with cheaper weapons that can out shoot the gun snobs 7 days a week... Nothing worse than a guy getting a new gun and going to the range and some clown telling to guy with his new gun...I'd NEVER SHOOT ONE OF THOSE... And it happens more than you'd think... And this is my opinion only... But i'll take 2 or 3 weapons and ammo everytime over some high priced rig that only comes out to shown off... Just Me
Never shot a Taurus revolver but you can't get good with a wheel gun unless you shoot a lot and you can't shoot a lot if your gun is broke.

I guess ill expand on my original posting, my first taurus was a snubby purchased used to carry approx 12 years ago, i took it shooting a few times and within several hundred rounds something inside broke and it locked up completly sent off to factory and sold when recieved back.#2 was a 357 tracker 6" purchased new a few years after the first, on the very first outing it didnt even make a box of magnum rounds when uppon a reload the cylinder and rod literally fell out in my hand with stripped threads and again sold when recieved back. Several years later i desperatly wanted a revolver in 17hmr for the sage rats at close range, i purchased one used for a song. Right away i noticed the cylinder is just a strait hole not necked down for the 17hmr cartridge and the spent casings came out streached like 22mag cartridges seemed sketchy but ok, First time up i noticed i couldnt hit bubblegum with it and i planned on puting a scope on it anyway so next time up to sight in the scope i put it on paper and it turns out the the timing was so far off the cylinder and barrel wernt aligned when firing so i was getting a shotgun pattern and thats when i thought enough was enough. They are among the best looking revolvers imo but id basicly have to be given one at this point. I will say i had no issues with customer service tho.

Never shot a Taurus revolver but you can't get good with a wheel gun unless you shoot a lot and you can't shoot a lot if your gun is broke.
That's where one has to be Honest with themselves... If your going to shoot a lot then a person needs to spend the money... When a new something breaks, in my youth we use to call it, being from the operator having a "Heidelberg Monday"

American conglomerate company Bangor Punta Corp., then-owners of Smith & Wesson, purchases a controlling interest in Taurus. As sister companies, Taurus and S&W share technology, with both companies benefitting significantly from Taurus engineering and manufacturing advances.

I have a 85 38 special I carried for a couple years steel frame probably 500 round thru it with no problems.
I also have a 3in judge have shot both 410 and 45lc thru it also no problems and I also have a raging bull 44mag
and it's built real nice with a nice da/sa trigger.
I have only had to send one gun back to the factory and it was a Ruger.

20180612_072749.jpg

Out of the tens of thousands of professional agencies in the United States, one, a security outfit numbering seven officers, used Taurus handguns. They all died.

lol

I had a Taurus once, she was stupid and crazy! LOL. Seriously though never had any problems with there pistols. Trigger not as smooth.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads