JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I VERY much doubt anyone is saying all the women hired are not qualified. Any more than any of the minorities hired are not qualified. Where the problem comes in is when a department is told it has to hire based on the correct mix and they have no qualified people apply from some categories. When they can no longer hire those most qualified many slip through because they meet the needed mix even when not qualified. The results are seen when something like this happens. I suspect you know this full well though and just have a huge chip on your shoulder. :s0092:
I despise hiring based on anything but merit, and the post smelt strongly of b.s. or a very well disguised joke, but in the off chance it was sincere I had to say something. Rather, my thumbs had to tap repeatedly.

Its easy to see the gal was in a job that was way over her head and she should never have been there.
She was a 26 year veteran. I figured CNN or MSNBC would have some career dirt on her and I came up with zip. How was she in over head? She was even an FTO and unfortunately she made a fatal error and the jury did their job. I feel bad for her and all involved but I still think she's an idiot.

Last Edited:
She was a 26 year veteran. I figured CNN or MSNBC would have some career dirt on her and I came up with zip. How was she in over head? She was even an FTO and unfortunately she made a fatal error and the jury did their job. I feel bad for her and all involved but I still think she's an idiot.
Have you ever handled a Taser? Have you ever handled a side arm of full size? If she could not feel the difference after that many years as an LEO she was an accident waiting to happen. It was just dumb luck she had not had an accident before this. A LOT of LEO's can go an entire career and never have to shoot anyone. Often people who are in over their head only get away with it because they are never put to the test. This woman sadly will spend a lot of time in jail now paying for that. :(

Have you ever handled a Taser? Have you ever handled a side arm of full size?
Yes & yes.

Under almost all circumstances even a noob knows the difference. Who knows what went through her head for that split second. We all know she screwed up miserably. Have you ever experienced anxiety blackouts, memory time loss with fits of rage accompanied with forgetfulness, other wise known as blind rage? What if she was having mental issues, maybe she just changed or took on a new prescription, (female hormone or lack of issues) maybe the adrenaline rush and extreme stress in the moment pushed her to a state of standing unconsciousness even if just for a moment. I bet she flat blanked out and pulled the wrong tool. Heck maybe she meant to pull her service weapon, had an episode and when the smoke cleared put a taser defense together to hopefully lessen the severity of punishment she knew was forthcoming. All around it's a messed up deal.

Obviously that didn't matter to the jury. She could've yelled out hamburger, hamburger, donut and the outcome still would have been the same.
Yeah, I get that. I'm just thinking that It's unlikely she concocted a taser defense after the fact when she called out Taser to begin with.

Potter made a mistake, full stop. This equates to negligence, not reckless nor intentional conduct. When a physician or construction worker acts negligently and someone dies, we rarely if ever hear of criminal charges. Should a LEO be held to a standard higher than a physician in negligent cases? (Documentation of abuse of force or racism, IF present, would lean toward an allegation of intentional conduct.)
Between removal of qualified immunity (some jurisdictions), and defund the police, we can expect it to only get worse.
I've signed a few medical waivers that basically relieve the medical system from liability in case I die on the table.

That probably has a lot to do with why physicians rarely get caught up (and I've had some pretty bad doctors). Only extreme negligence can see them in court. These waivers don't fully allow a doctor to be negligent with your care, but they do help to ward off the majority of cases that really aren't obviously grossly negligent.

Maybe we should do the same thing to repeat offenders? Make them sign a waiver, if they want to be re-introduced to society, they have to give up certain legal recourses should their actions put them into a situation where intervention is required (same premise as needing a doctor).

I've signed a few medical waivers that basically relieve the medical system from liability in case I die on the table.

That probably has a lot to do with why physicians rarely get caught up (and I've had some pretty bad doctors). Only extreme negligence can see them in court. These waivers don't fully allow a doctor to be negligent with your care, but they do help to ward off the majority of cases that really aren't obviously grossly negligent.

Maybe we should do the same thing to repeat offenders? Make them sign a waiver, if they want to be re-introduced to society, they have to give up certain legal recourses should their actions put them into a situation where intervention is required (same premise as needing a doctor).
I'll just leave this here.

A court found the unnamed 43-year-old surgeon guilty of gross negligence and issued the fine.

The widow of the patient, who died before the case came to court, was also awarded $5,660 (€5,000) in damages.

The patient arrived at the Freistadt clinic in May to have his leg amputated. However, the doctor reportedly marked the wrong appendage to be sliced off.
Taken from......

Of course, such "mistakes" have also been known to happen, here in the USA.

Though maybe/perhaps/I suspect that.....
The "social" aspect of the practice of medicine in the EU, has something to do with the amount? Or maybe....they got some great waivers and/or lawyers over there?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Yup, we need to reform our gun laws to be more like the EU too.

Not.

Last Edited:
Wifey has had trigger finger surgery more than once on both hands. The doc is in there as they're getting ready to juice her up and drawing with black sharpie which hand gets worked on. Mind boggling how a Doc could take of a wrong appendage.

Wifey has had trigger finger surgery more than once on both hands. The doc is in there as they're getting ready to juice her up and drawing with black sharpie which hand gets worked on. Mind boggling how a Doc could take of a wrong appendage.
I'd hate to wake up missing my third leg. Maybe I should Sharpie it before they give me the sleepy juice. DO NOT REMOVE

or

D
O

N
O
T

R
E
M
O
V
E

Last Edited:
Having clerked in a firm defending peace officers (LAPD, LASO etc) in the mid 1990s, I am surprised and saddened to see how the impression of LEO by We the People has fallen so low (thanks in part to the media, and politics).
I agree, it's so sad and the major media gets the bulk of the blame. Classic example is this very story where the major media lies so hard to pitch a false narrative. 1 example, the NY Times glaringly liying on what an idiot Daunte Wright was, hes the guy Kim Potter shot. Hardly one word about Wrights lengthy massive and horrific criminal record. They pitch these style of lies over and over, mixed in with enough true stories that one can't separate what is a lie and what is the truth. https://townhall.com/columnists/ann...-daunte-wright-nyt-readers-dont-know-n2600991

Normal people still believe the NY Times repeated lies and tripe: the result is Kim Potter goes to jail and society becomes more unstable and starts to break apart. It's sad, and needless.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/jjU62
" What is the Times talking about? It seems that, immediately after the shooting, Wright's mother told the media that he'd been stopped merely for having an air freshener hanging from his rearview mirror -- AND NOW HE WAS DEAD!

That's completely untrue, but it's the story the Times is going with. No new information will be allowed to penetrate the paper's BLM cocoon. The Times hasn't printed a single detail of Wright's give-me-the-f-ing-money robbery attempt. Or the lawsuit about the carjacking. In one of more than 100 articles, there were two brief mentions of his shooting a guy in the head."

I agree, it's so sad and the major media gets the bulk of the blame. Classic example is this very story where the major media lies so hard to pitch a false narrative. 1 example, the NY Times glaringly liying on what an idiot Daunte Wright was, hes the guy Kim Potter shot. Hardly one word about Wrights lengthy massive and horrific criminal record. They pitch these style of lies over and over, mixed in with enough true stories that one can't separate what is a lie and what is the truth. https://townhall.com/columnists/ann...-daunte-wright-nyt-readers-dont-know-n2600991

Normal people still believe the NY Times repeated lies and tripe: the result is Kim Potter goes to jail and society becomes more unstable and starts to break apart. It's sad, and needless.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/jjU62
Thanks for putting up Ann's article. I read it when it first came out and thought about putting it up here too.

Take care.

Cate

I do not understand HOW she made a mistake between her taser and her firearm.

Maybe police departments need to only ISSUE one thing - a GUN or a gun and a billy club aka baton - 2 items.

Throw in a GOOD KNIFE - A FIXED BLADE ONE for a back up?! I know that many people do NOT like knives but it beats nothing in many cases. Especially if a man or a woman KNOWS how to use one well.

Maybe they need to issue NO taser or only a SPRAY but the wind and weather could screw up using the spray often. I do NOT like the idea of SPRAY due to the wind and weather - blow back into the victim's or user's face and body INSTEAD of it all going into the PERP'S FACE. I know that many people do NOT agree with me there too.

I do not know JACK SQUAT about tasers! I have never looked at one UP close and personal worse off held one. I have seen them online and in movies/tv shows.

How many YEARS have the police used tasers? Do all police get issued tasers across this country? When were they invented? I remember when some guy in the MASS MEDIA was saying, "Don't tase me bro?!", or some such thing years ago.

I have often thought that some of the old ways would be better in peace officer work.

Using OLD fashioned ash or hickory (Or oak or maple?) billy clubs or even modern batons. (Yes, I am aware of the Rodney King deal when it came to batons.)

The thing is if they returned to the OLD WAYS in using specific objects and even going back to using a d/a revolver - 6 rounds, the CRIMINALS in MOST cases would have MORE FIRE POWER against the peace officer.

(There have been a whole bunch of stabbings by repeat criminals, crazy people, transients that travel for free crapola from one state to another one and HOMELESS criminals all over the country within the last week too!

INNOCENT victims where they HANDED OVER THE MONEY to the homeless, crazy, down with the USA talk - screaming it and HE STILL MURDERED ONE TEEN - he stabbed her to death. AFTER she did what HE wanted and handed over the money to him at some fast food place. ONE of several homeless criminals and criminal crazy stabbings THIS PAST WEEK. It is very sad to read and hear these stories especially when ZERO HAPPENS to these people and the JUSTICE SYSTEM LETS THEM OUT OF JAIL or some floor of a hospital for OBSERVATION! Ugh.)

BACK TO THIS STORY NOW, I do not cry over the death of a criminal worse off a STUPID criminal who tried to run away/drive away from being arrested.

There are good and responsible peace officers out there. I do believe that there are MORE OF THEM than the other side.

And yes, I am biased and I do respect and love the men/women in blue.

I heard some of the testimony on my FREE Court TV - OTA station - all of the police that I listened to said that she was a good police lady. I was NOT glued to the case but that is what I heard/saw and READ about her.

I may have MISSED a bunch since I was NOT glued to THIS specific case.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top