JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok. I believe that alot of them are Good guys! But you tell me that I am mistaken about all of the times I see and read of the numerous amounts of them breaking the laws. Form the top Chiefs all the way to the new recruits. First year to 24 year veterans. Nothing needs to be fixed? Most of the Leos care?

<broken link removed>

Of course there are bad cops. Of course they need to be removed. But the fact of the matter is that there is not a higher proportion of cops breaking the law or abusing power than there are any other occupation. There's just a brighter spotlight on them. They do a difficult job. They often have half a second to make a decision, while you get to sit back and pick apart their decisions for the next month or longer. They need to be held accountable. They need to be right when they make life or death decisions. But as a fellow officer, the time to question their judgment is in the after-action briefing, not when you roll up on the scene to give back-up (
Thanks Zach. But just try it and a Cop will kill you. Then his fellow Cops will show up to back him up and kill you again!
).

The fact of the matter is that we agree that there are bad cops. We agree that those bad cops need to be dealt with. I think we may even agree that most cops are good. Where we are losing each other is that you seem to think that other officers either don't care or are unwilling to do things about bad officers. I think we don't see a lot of the internal and fraternal sanctions and punishments that happen. And we're not going to agree. So I think I've said my piece. As long as people attack LEO's as a general, I'll continue to defend them. People need to learn to attack the bad actions of an individual, not the group as a whole...

I definitely didnt start this thread to be a cop bashing thread. I have many friends in law enforcement, and I am a staunch supporter of police in general. For every one of the bad videos of cops, you have many more of these guys(who I would invite over for Thanskgiving dinner anytime!):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFsnaCtt1bo

Thanks for that post. Too many people choose to forget about all the good things officers do, instead choosing to focus on those officers who make mistakes.

I never intend to bash LEO's. The job of a LEO is indeed alot different then many others. What they do while employed can and drastically does affect our lives. They have the ability to drastically change our lives by their decisions and they should take that very seriously.

It is not bashing when we all see a video like that and then we say "Hey that's not right!". It is not bashing when we say that LEO should be held responsible. If we find out that the citizen guy deserved it then we should be on the LEO's side. It is not bashing if it was done to him illegally and then we complain about it. It would not be bashing if we found out another cop tried to cover up for him and we complained about it.

I and most people would not "bash" a LEO for honest mistakes. Even if it cost a person his/her life. Most of us would think that mistakes the LEO made should be punished just like everyone else would have been though.

What I as a Husband, Father and a Man see is other guys and girls who has a position of authority misusing that authority to do illegal things to people and use that authority to get away with crimes.

How can anyone trust them? We have seen with our own eyes and heard with our own ears the sort of crimes the LEO's do them selves. Who's next?

WAAAY to many LEO's are doing bad things. Its not right!!!!!!

That video shows to me the disrespect that a LEO can have for a Citizen.

Its not bashing to say that and ask for other LEO's to help change it!!!!

They often have half a second to make a decision, while you get to sit back and pick apart their decisions for the next month or longer.
What rankles me is the non-critical laws I see cops breaking, e.g. jay-walking, turning left onto a 4-lane street and swinging wide over to the curb lane, etc. Sauce for the goose, and all that.

MrB

Originally Posted by MountainBear
They often have half a second to make a decision, while you get to sit back and pick apart their decisions for the next month or longer.

This is true for any of us in an altercation.. the courts both criminal and civil will pick apart anything we do. Cops simply are involved in more "situations" than most of the rest of us

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top