JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figured they would. Jury would be scared to death not to convict. City would have been on fire and the media would DOX them for the mobs. Woman should never have been an LEO. Sadly now she has to pay the price for it.
Really sad isn't it? I doesn't seem right though to walk off scot free either, does it? I would hope that they go easy on sentencing. Seems like we should be able to charge whoever it was responsible for releasing Darrel Brooks numerus times when he should have been behind bars. The blood of innocent citizens is on the hands of those people. And THEIR decisions to keep releasing Brooks weren't' made in an extremely tense and dangerous situation.

Yeah, she sucked at her job and shouldn't be a cop. BUT She didn't murder anyone, that dirt bag chose his life path.

One of the other officers on scene and a witness in the trial said he would have drawn his gun and shot the guy.

Woman should never have been an LEO. Sadly now she has to pay the price for it.

Good. If you can't tell you're holding your service sidearm and not your taser, you shouldn't wear the uniform.

Yeah, she sucked at her job and shouldn't be a cop.
Well, the feminists demanded that we provide opportunity for women by making these affirmative action hires and our gutless politicians caved to them. From police and fire to the military and other "non traditional" occupations, women are in all kinds of jobs they are not suited for. So now they have the opportunity to get shot, to screw up, and to cry about it afterward. Some people have to learn the hard way.

But at least our streets are free of unlicensed lemonade stands. Female cops have made sure of that. :s0054:

One of the state's witnesses, one of the officers present at the scene, testified that she would have been justified in shooting the bad guy, if she had just shot him.

So the lesson might be, keep the taser holstered. If things are hairy enough to deploy a taser, they're hairy enough to deploy a handgun.

One of the state's witnesses, one of the officers present at the scene, testified that she would have been justified in shooting the bad guy, if she had just shot him.

So the lesson might be, keep the taser holstered. If things are hairy enough to deploy a taser, they're hairy enough to deploy a handgun.
Yeah, sounds good to me. Don't do it here in potland though. Or, Oregon for that matter.

It teaches them to find a new career.
YEP!! A LOT of people took the job because the place needed a certain mix. Those how are not cut out for it know they are not and choose to stay. So when this happens I guess they will have lots of time to reflect on what a poor choice it was to stay in that job. :s0092:
I can see wanting a Gov job for the security and benefits. Being a Cop is NOT one to be taken lightly and too many do. Now and then it really bites one of them in the butt.

RE : Accountability

Yeah....the American Govt (we the taxpayers) paid. But, who should/will be "held accountable" for this?

But, But, but.....that was a "mistake". And, it's different because......it was a drone strike with an explosive (missile). Really.....it's supposed to be more forgivable, if a missile is used?

Aloha, Mark

PS........also on the subject of holding someone "accountable". Consider.....

Yup....they spent some time. And were eventually given pardons by Pres. Trump.
Somehow though, I am reminded of that quote.....

"Charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500."

Last Edited:
Having clerked in a firm defending peace officers (LAPD, LASO etc) in the mid 1990s, I am surprised and saddened to see how the impression of LEO by We the People has fallen so low (thanks in part to the media, and politics). It seems law enforcement is the only job today where everyone including NBA pros know how to do it better. I know more than one LAPD cop who threw their baton in their locker until retirement post Rodney King.

Potter made a mistake, full stop. This equates to negligence, not reckless nor intentional conduct. When a physician or construction worker acts negligently and someone dies, we rarely if ever hear of criminal charges. Should a LEO be held to a standard higher than a physician in negligent cases? (Documentation of abuse of force or racism, IF present, would lean toward an allegation of intentional conduct.)
Between removal of qualified immunity (some jurisdictions), and defund the police, we can expect it to only get worse.

Having clerked in a firm defending peace officers (LAPD, LASO etc) in the mid 1990s, I am surprised and saddened to see how the impression of LEO by We the People has fallen so low (thanks in part to the media, and politics). It seems law enforcement is the only job today where everyone including NBA pros know how to do it better. I know more than one LAPD cop who threw their baton in their locker until retirement post Rodney King.

Potter made a mistake, full stop. This equates to negligence, not reckless nor intentional conduct. When a physician or construction worker acts negligently and someone dies, we rarely if ever hear of criminal charges. Should a LEO be held to a standard higher than a physician in negligent cases? (Documentation of abuse of force or racism, IF present, would lean toward an allegation of intentional conduct.)
Between removal of qualified immunity (some jurisdictions), and defund the police, we can expect it to only get worse.
It's pretty obvious, it's because it was an evil "GUN" involved. What's really insane? Law enforcement arresting people on a daily basis in American cities for having illegal to poses firearm's on their persons. Again and again. And receiving low bail and/or short sentences, if any at all.
this article in the Boregonian really hit home for me. I could only get as far as the listing of this mug's priors. The fact he wasn't in jail already is a serious problem.
Sorry it's a so-called "Exclusive" story. Pile of feces is what it is.

For the record, I'm a full-on supporter of our Men in Blue.

Well, the feminists demanded that we provide opportunity for women by making these affirmative action hires and our gutless politicians caved to them. From police and fire to the military and other "non traditional" occupations, women are in all kinds of jobs they are not suited for. So now they have the opportunity to get shot, to screw up, and to cry about it afterward. Some people have to learn the hard way.

But at least our streets are free of unlicensed lemonade stands. Female cops have made sure of that. :s0054:
My mother worked on a tie gang and was frequently involved with demolition via dynamite and operating heavy machinery. She was never late or called off due to the bottle flu like many of her male counterparts. Are you seriously insinuating that ALL women are unsuited to what have been historically male occupied careers? And no, I don't believe in hiring somebody just to fill a gender quota. However, there are plenty of women more qualified than a male, in "male jobs", in this world and saying otherwise really reeks of small-mindedness.

Perhaps your view of women is stuck in the 50s, and you long for the days when a nice slap to the rump of a secretary (a proper woman's job as you insinuated) was considered a compliment. Steak is on the table honey, you work so hard.

Last Edited:
My mother worked on a tie gang and was frequently involved with demolition via dynamite and operating heavy machinery. She was never late or called off due to the bottle flu like many of her male counterparts. Are you seriously insinuating that ALL women are unsuited to what have been historically male occupied careers? And no, I don't believe in hiring somebody just to fill a gender quota. However, there are plenty of women more qualified than a male, in "male jobs", in this world and saying otherwise really reeks of small-mindedness.

Perhaps your view of women is stuck in the 50s, and you long for the days when a nice slap to the rump of a secretary (a proper woman's job as you insinuated) was considered a compliment. Steak is on the table honey, you work so hard.
I VERY much doubt anyone is saying all the women hired are not qualified. Any more than any of the minorities hired are not qualified. Where the problem comes in is when a department is told it has to hire based on the correct mix and they have no qualified people apply from some categories. When they can no longer hire those most qualified many slip through because they meet the needed mix even when not qualified. The results are seen when something like this happens. I suspect you know this full well though and just have a huge chip on your shoulder. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top