JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a little outreach I just started... Trash No Land dot org. It's the next logical step, for me, toward making making a difference, (or trying to make a difference), in target shooting on public land.

I seem to have a strong desire to support gun owners and promote responsible shooting on public land. That attitude leads me to developing this Trash No Land site. In this site, I can target specific information about recreational target shooting on public land be able to consolidate a lot of info on one site.

It is information and awareness about rules, ethics and etiquette for recreational shooting on public land. I am hoping it will be a reference site, for new and veteran shooters, to learn more about sharing our public land with all recreational enthusiasts.

The site is not complete but it's getting there. I could use your help. The Trash No Land message, of responsible shooting on public land, would benefit from your input. Tell me what you think or what you'd like to see on this site. Let me know if you find problems with links or pages. Specific issues you think should be addressed?

I am not a webmaster. I'm all I got. What you see is what you get… For now. You'll notice there's not a lot of 'Bling' to this site, however, I'm sure that will change as I learn more. (I do like a site that is clean looking, no other advertising, and not cluttered with tons of links.

Ladies and Gents, I introduce; www.trashnoland.org

Cogs

I like it, I think it will be a good resource especially for folks who are not that into forums.

I like the mix of traditional firearms with the modern firearms (AR15's) shown through the site....

here is a screenshot of one page how it looks on my computer, the title of the page overlaps the content below it...
Selection_001b.jpg

I would add web links to the actual source of the laws for different public lands (BLM, MHNF, TSF, Yacolt... etc.)
Tillamook State Forest Blog: Target Shooting (http://tillamookstateforest.blogspot.com/p/target-shooting.html)

I like it, I think it will be a good resource especially for folks who are not that into forums.

I like the mix of traditional firearms with the modern firearms (AR15's) shown through the site....

here is a screenshot of one page how it looks on my computer, the title of the page overlaps the content below it...
View attachment 300895

I would add web links to the actual source of the laws for different public lands (BLM, MHNF, TSF, Yacolt... etc.)
Tillamook State Forest Blog: Target Shooting (http://tillamookstateforest.blogspot.com/p/target-shooting.html)
Thanks, Koda. I'll downsize that header. I designed the site for a resolution of 1024 x 768 and was afraid that may be too big since the standard had been 800 x 600. It seems the trend is now the larger screen size. (Yet to design for portable devices). It looks like that's just the header being too wide.

The link to shooting rules is in the plans. I was hoping to get a few more forest's in the northwest before posting them all at once.

Thanks for the feedback!

This is great- thanks for stepping up and doing this! I've only checked the site out on my phone so far, and the page is too wide to fit on my screen while in portrait mode- flipping it into landscape works just fine however. I know it's a small, small thing, and eventually you will probably get the site optimized for viewing on a mobile device. That's about the only thing ive noticed so far. Good job!
Maybe add a links page, with links to the local forums and other nw firearms related websites. Once you get things really rockin and rolling maybe you could make small flyers/stickers to leave behind in places like gun stores and shooting ranges.

Hey Cogs!
Great work on creating another opportunity to build awareness and participation around public land shooting. :)
Quick question: Are you using a CMS for your website build? If so, which one?
Thanks!
Streetcar

Hey Cogs!
Great work on creating another opportunity to build awareness and participation around public land shooting. :)
Quick question: Are you using a CMS for your website build? If so, which one?
Thanks!
Streetcar
Thank you, Mr. Streetcar! I'm building in Expressions Web4. No fun when you don't know much! But I'm learning! (I wrote one years ago in straight html using notepad and Netscape but I'm not doing that again!)
Currently re-building (4th time) to resize for 800 x 600. It may fit more screens than the current 1024 size. (Not sure yet)

Also adding a couple pages and some suggestions from above.

Thanks!

Thank you, Mr. Streetcar! I'm building in Expressions Web4. No fun when you don't know much! But I'm learning! (I wrote one years ago in straight html using notepad and Netscape but I'm not doing that again!)
Currently re-building (4th time) to resize for 800 x 600. It may fit more screens than the current 1024 size. (Not sure yet)

Also adding a couple pages and some suggestions from above.

Thanks!

Haha, it's actually Miss Streetcar ;)
I'm a UX/UI designer and would recommend creating your site in WordPress using a responsive template. It would be easily editable, and would scale to any screen size (mobile, tablet and desktop) that people are using. I'd be happy to share more if you're interested, just let me know!
Cheers!
Streetcar

Oops! My apologies, Miss Street. Thanks for your input. I considered WP but thought it was more for blogging sites (which I might play with later).

I suppose I could lean a different program. I'll send you a message.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum!

Bill

Okay, I made some changes and additions...

Now optimized for 800x600 screens. Added 'About Us' page. Modified most all other pages to be a little more consistent and cleaner looking. 'Programs' and 'Volunteer' pages now have links to Northwest Firearms. The 'Rules' page now has links to target shooting rules from USFS, ODF, BLM & WA DNR. Added blank space for a couple future pages, 'Shooting Lane Development' and 'Supporting Links'.

So, take a peek and let me know what you think. It's getting better! Still a ways to go.

Trash No Land Home (http://trashnoland.org/)

Bill

Last Edited:
Cogs, I like it. I nust looked at a cew pages from my phone and they all looked good.

appreciate what your doing for the shooting community and taking the lead. I look forward to the next official Tillamook cleanup event.

Several changes and a couple new pages are up on Trash No Land dot org. Several references and links back to NWFA. I especially like the page on Shooting Lane Development. I'll be posting updates, on that project with Tillamook State Forest, as it nears completion soon. Still haven't figured out how to configure the site for viewing on mobile devices but I'm sure that will happen as soon as I get some web master help. Lots of potential to add info like maps, photo galleries videos and more. (I got a lot to learn about this web stuff!)

Very positive responses from USFS, ODF, DNR & BLM! Some of them will share the site on their sites. It's a guide to shooting on public land and applicable to any public land.

Thanks for your input!

trashnoland.org

Bill

Hi Bill,

Just noticed this thread and I like it. The links are great. If you or any of us could help getting the link attached to the government web sites would be great. It would look great on those digital billboards along the highways but not sure whose ear you would have to bend to get that done. Thanks for all your hard work.

Anyone involved with this should be proud of the positive way they worked with the government on this. I applaud you.

Having a government agency WILLING to do this for the shooting community is OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you Tillamook State Forest!!!!

That would be @bolus, @Reno911 & @Norm0931. There may be another one or two who also worked on the Tillamook lane project.

Absolutely!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads