JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started a Facebook page about trash on public land. It is my hope that it will be a way to help raise awareness and educate about the way people treat public land. Give a look see, like if you wish and send me a note with suggestions and/or ideas that may help. Thanks.

Trash No Land

The 'About' sections reads as such...

This page is about the beauty of our public lands, the freedom we have to recreate, as we wish, and the preservation of open public land for future generations to enjoy. All of which is in jeopardy... because of trash. Our own backyard playground is being ruined by illegal dumping and activity.

The fight against trash on public land seems to be a never ending battle. By now, in 2016, you would think it should be over and we would all be enjoying clean healthy forests, parks, beaches and all other public property we so choose to recreate on. Not so. In fact, the problem is growing. Fueled by population increases and a rising cost of garbage disposal, people are illegally using our public land as a dumping place for their unwanted trash. We need to do more than we've ever done before. We need to step in and take a stand against trash on public land. The answer will not be achieved with more government regulations, but rather with you and I being aware, informed and determined to stop the destruction of our cherished land.

This page is intended to promote awareness, educate and encourage change in how we treat our public land. Our problems are not specific, nor inclusive, to any one particular recreational group, but rather, stem primarily from individuals who knowingly, sometimes not knowingly, illegally dump trash, household garbage, construction debris and other items that belong in a land fill, not public land.

Much of the blame is often put on recreational target shooters. While it is true that once the trash is there, shooters will shoot it and thus their signature remains behind for others to point the bad finger at target shooters. Therefore, this page will have a greater focus on recreational target shooting on public land to help shooters participate in our goal of a trash free recreational experience.

This page will seek ideas for resolutions. It will reveal the efforts of those individuals, groups and organizations who are actively involved in making a difference. It will inform of public land use rules and encourage adherence. It will offer tips and options to comply with the rules on public land. It will report the good and the bad across the nation. It will try to make a difference.

We all have a vested interest in public land recreation. We all need to work together in the preservation of our inherited privilege, (right), to recreate as we wish. Let us now explore our options on how we can help keep our American public lands to be clean and free from trash.

Bill Cogley
Southwest Washington State
Volunteer Coordinator for NorthwestFirearms.com

Last Edited:
I started a Facebook page about trash on public land. It is my hope that it will be a way to help raise awareness and educate about the way people treat public land. Give a look see, like if you wish and send me a note with suggestions and/or ideas that may help. Thanks.

Trash No Land

The 'About' sections reads as such...

This page is about the beauty of our public lands, the freedom we have to recreate, as we wish, and the preservation of open public land for future generations to enjoy. All of which is in jeopardy... because of trash. Our own backyard playground is being ruined by illegal dumping and activity.

The fight against trash on public land seems to be a never ending battle. By now, in 2016, you would think it should be over and we would all be enjoying clean healthy forests, parks, beaches and all other public property we so choose to recreate on. Not so. In fact, the problem is growing. Fueled by population increases and a rising cost of garbage disposal, people are illegally using our public land as a dumping place for their unwanted trash. We need to do more than we've ever done before. We need to step in and take a stand against trash on public land. The answer will not be achieved with more government regulations, but rather with you and I being aware, informed and determined to stop the destruction of our cherished land.

This page is intended to promote awareness, educate and encourage change in how we treat our public land. Our problems are not specific, nor inclusive, to any one particular recreational group, but rather, stem primarily from individuals who knowingly, sometimes not knowingly, illegally dump trash, household garbage, construction debris and other items that belong in a land fill, not public land.

Much of the blame is often put on recreational target shooters. While it is true that once the trash is there, shooters will shoot it and thus their signature remains behind for others to point the bad finger at target shooters. Therefore, this page will have a greater focus on recreational target shooting on public land to help shooters participate in our goal of a trash free recreational experience.

This page will seek ideas for resolutions. It will reveal the efforts of those individuals, groups and organizations who are actively involved in making a difference. It will inform of public land use rules and encourage adherence. It will offer tips and options to comply with the rules on public land. It will report the good and the bad across the nation. It will try to make a difference.

We all have a vested interest in public land recreation. We all need to work together in the preservation of our inherited privilege, (right), to recreate as we wish. Let us now explore our options on how we can help keep our American public lands to be clean and free from trash.
I've also started the Trash No Land dot org web site. http://trashnoland.org/

And finished the brochure handout; Target Shooting on Public Land. It is available for anyone to print and distribute to shooters and vendors. http://www.dropbox.com/s/7cqpe4nujuxln9g/TNL Shooting brochure.pdf?dl=0

Bill

received_895564004287336.jpeg received_960881844324135.jpeg 20200718_114402.jpg We had a good day out at North Fork Wolf Creek Range. We got some new signs posted, and hauled out quite a bit of garbage. We even got to squeeze off a few rounds. Met a few members up there for the first time, was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again, thanks for the invite Bill. We look forward to doing it again soon.:):cool::D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top