JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of this;

Sometimes people use "respect" to mean "treating someone like a person" and sometimes to mean "treating someone like an authority"
For some, "if you don't respect me, I won't respect you" means "if you don't treat me like an authority, I won't treat you like a person"

Also, what a weird Bermuda Triangle necrothread bump with almost all of the people that posted on it not having been on here for years and years!
There was a saying in the military; you deserve courtesy, you earn respect.

Another was respecting the rank/uniform (or in the case of a civilian, the job), but not necessarily the person.

I no longer call anybody "sir" since I left the military - depending on their job/office, I may call them mister, miss, ms, mam (rarely) sometimes, or officer, but not sir. I do not consider any gov official/etc. to be my superior - although if I am unsure of their military rank I may ask them using "sir" and then address them by their rank. LEOs generally get "officer" or other title, but not "sir" (or rarely). "Your honor" is maybe the exception, and the last time I used that (IIRC) was two decades ago for a speeding ticket.

Fortunately, I rarely have to deal with gov officials. I rarely deal with anybody - being a hermit/recluse who rarely sees other people, much less anybody I would address who has some kind of official title.

Target practice on "BLM" property?

1656976768025.png
1656976783289.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR