JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
good am rallysoob ! one thing i didn't get , but the "odfw" officer i spoke with yesterday kinda cocked his head with the same responce -- really not concerned about that part of it -- just concerned about leagal aspect ......... we didn't have our combination HUNT.& FISH LIC. yet --- thats why i looked it up before we went out, so knew we were OK !

steven

Am I missing something here? Its common sense why a women cop shouldn't be out in the woods hassling hunters. Hunting is traditionally a mans sport so thats where men with guns will be. And traditionally women have peniz envy so they should'nt be cops at all imo but especially out in the woods hassling men doing man things like hunting or shooting. There is always the exception to the rule but for the most part women cops are a pita because they over compensate. Its a fact, deal with it :p I dont think men should be hairstylist or fashion deisgners either...

Am I missing something here? Its common sense why a women cop shouldn't be out in the woods hassling hunters. Hunting is traditionally a mans sport so thats where men with guns will be. And traditionally women have peniz envy so they should'nt be cops at all imo but especially out in the woods hassling men doing man things like hunting or shooting. There is always the exception to the rule but for the most part women cops are a pita because they over compensate. Its a fact, deal with it :p I dont think men should be hairstylist or fashion deisgners either...

Un-freakin'- believable. If my mother was still alive I would lay good money she could out shoot most men. I hope you are not serious, but if you really do hold the beliefs you espoused in your post, I am truly sorry for you.

wow I guess agree to disgree then. I'm not saying women can't shoot. You missed the point...Women can do anything Men can do. But when they are given a power position most of them over compensate where as a male police officer might be more apt to let things slide or be more reasonable. (As we saw in the OP example...hello!) If you can't agree with that you haven't been pulled over by a women police officer yet. Or you are in denial or something. Bizarre that you would disagree with that fact. Like I said, there is exceptions to any rule but for the most part a lot of women cops are a pita... how can you disagree with that? Because you know 1 reasonable women cop? good for her...I wish she would rub off on her peers a lil more...

Do you know how many women cops there were in the days of old? Zero. Dont take offense so easily on this subject. If your seeking praise from women who use this site then go for it...I hope I have not offended any women here by my statements. I'm just saying what I believe to be true. Sorry its hard to hear for some people. Turn on Judge Judy...then watch Mathis...lol maybe I shouldn't have brought it up...

Painting with a pretty broad brush, aren't you RallySoob? You are talking about half the humans on the planet, after all.

My personal experience is that women get called out a lot more than men when they're hard-nosed or just a "pita," but the incidence of bad behavior isn't markedly different between men and women.

I've seen it all, good, bad, and ugly, but the best break I ever got was from a female cop. She might've done a lot more than just citing me, but then some swaggering, gutsprung clown in a matching uniform showed up and started telling her what to do - which was to put me away. She told him to get lost, that it was her collar, and she proceeded to prove the point by letting me go with nothing but a warning.

I'm glad you found an exception to the rule chemist... My grand dad found a real indian arrowhead underneath his house once. Some guy won the lottery with a ticket bought from my favorite market one time too

Don't get your panties in a wad gentlemen. Sorry I brought it up. Im not a sexist or womenizer at all. Just don't think Women should have men jobs and men should not have women jobs. I didn't vote for hilary either... Maybe I would have been better off being born 100yrs ago...before everything got 'weird'

You use the terms "for the most part" For that to be true you would have to know and have a working relationship with every woman police officer in the nation. I doubt that is the case. If you draw your conclusion from every dealing you have had with female police officers I would observe that if you have a hard time with the majority of any group you encounter then the problem is most likely you.

I draw my conclusion from my dealing with every women I have encountered in my life... lol. I think you are being unrealistic...and that the problem is not myself but the fact women work mens jobs these days. Whats next? make a women president? oh wait...

I draw my conclusion from my dealing with every women I have encountered in my life... lol. I think you are being unrealistic...and that the problem is not myself but the fact women work mens jobs these days. Whats next? make a women president? oh wait...

Perhaps you could issue a list of what are and are not "women's" jobs. Would love your insight. I worked alongside women for the last few years of my career in what was once an all male domain, (flying commercial aircraft) and had no issues, so leave "Multi-engine turbojet aircraft pilot" off your list unless you have some secret insight that NASA missed when they did research into the issue.

alright alright...I see your point. But I hope you can see mine too. Atleast some of it

I just don't think Women should have the authority of law over Men... thats pretty much my point... I'm gettin myself in hot water right now so I'm gonna stop here ;) I respect your comments MA Duce, I'm sure your a good guy & the ladies love you :p

Where were you specifically? I see you are in Prineville and I know the surrounding area well. Regardless she was for the most part wrong and you did the right thing. Hopefully you have this documented with the Sheriff's Dept. in case you have any problems with her in the future. The dead tree issue was asinine on her part. The only thing I disagree with you on is the need for the hunting license. While a 'gray' area unless you are on an official range (muni, private etc.) and are carrying a firearm on BLM or NF technically you are 'hunting' and can be cited - I know two people who have been cited for same. Rarely will you be asked for a license if it is obvious you are target shooting (benches, targets etc.) as you have never been in 15 years. Similarly if you have a HL and are in a hunting unit without a tag for the game being hunted you cannot be in possession of a firearm at all. Seems like you were being unlawfully hassled by a do-gooder on a mission to save the environment.

From the ODFW site:

FIREARMS POSSESSION: What Does it Mean to Hunters and
Hunting in Oregon?

■■In 1995, Oregon Legislators adopted
Oregon Revised Statute (ORS)
166.170 giving all authority to regulate
possession of firearms solely to the
Oregon Legislative Assembly.
■■In 2003, the Oregon Attorney General
reviewed the statute and determined the
Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission
(Commission) cannot limit what firearms
can be carried or possessed during
hunting seasons.
■■In the same opinion, the Oregon
Attorney General confirmed that the
Commission has statutory authority
to regulate where, when, how and by
whom wildlife are taken by hunting.
■■All ODFW hunting regulations and
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR)
have been modified to comply with these
changes concerning the possession of
firearms during hunting seasons.
■■The Commission still determines the
season dates, open hunt areas, bag
limits and tag numbers for game species.
■■The Commission still determines the
weapon type that can be legally used to
hunt during a specified season.
■■For the Mentored Youth Hunter
Program, the 2007 Oregon Legislature
restricted the weapons that can be
carried, see page 84.
Requirements for weapons used to hunt
with are independent of any weapon(s)
the individual hunter may choose to carry
while in the field hunting. Regulations
regarding when a person may hunt for
a particular species also still apply. For
example, these regulations state that
it is not legal to hunt with a centerfire
or muzzleloading rifle without a valid
unused deer or elk tag for that time period
and area on the person during eastern
Oregon buck deer seasons and many of
the standard elk seasons (see HUNTING
PROHIBITED on page 28 for the exact
rule language).

I was thinking about doing the same with the area outside of Granite Falls and the Sultan Basin area but last time I was there we were told to leave by a very rude deputy and told that we'd have our firearms "seized" if we shot there again. It was a perfect range: 100 yards, open, huge stump/dirt pile as a backstop and a large almost barren hill behind that. I still see people shooting there...
There is a county map you can look at, it's online, that shows all the non-shooting areas. Unrelenting development keeps moving the zones eastward. Don't be tempted to assume that private but open timber lands are okay to shoot on, that's not so. There is a law now that requires you to have written permission to shoot on private land if it isn't your own. The state lands controlled by the DNR are a checkerboard, know which agency owns the patch you are on. Some blocks are titled to the schools, some are in general state trust. I believe there is a law on the books that you may not shoot on school property, I'd hate to go to court because I strayed over onto one of the forested tracts that technically is administered for the schools. You can get a lot of information about land ownership on the Snohomish Co. Assessor's website. Look at the SCOPI Interactive Map, then look up the parcel numbers. I've done a lot of property research on this site.

Don't make the assumption that all officers know the laws.
They don't always, especially laws they don't have to enforce often. BUT like the situation with the car lights, they don't have to know the law; they have the ticket book. It turns out to be the defendant's responsibility to make his case later in court. Which can be an expensive nuisance even if you prevail.

If you'all can hold those horses go fetch a map of Deschutes County. Follow Rt20 east out of Bend, onto Powell Butte RD, then onto Alfalfa RD. Stop when you locate Reynold's Pond. At that point go a hole bunch south crossing the Oregon Band Lands............and a little east. COSSA should be found. At times there is an open public shooting range, with no adult leadership. (to the west of the club range)

nuf said,

Later...........
Foreverlost

Steve,
Sometime the female officers think they have something to prove... I would rather deal with a male officer anyday...anyway I glad the outcome was decent in the end!

Charles
He or she - doesn't matter. I've met LEOs that have a chip on their shoulder, and/or are insecure, and/or are all about lording their authority over you.

CCflhNUUgAAO52W.jpg

In general, it is best to not try to debate the law with them.

He or she - doesn't matter. I've met LEOs that have a chip on their shoulder, and/or are insecure, and/or are all about lording their authority over you.

View attachment 1233855

In general, it is best to not try to debate the law with them.
Reminds me of this;

Sometimes people use "respect" to mean "treating someone like a person" and sometimes to mean "treating someone like an authority"
For some, "if you don't respect me, I won't respect you" means "if you don't treat me like an authority, I won't treat you like a person"

Also, what a weird Bermuda Triangle necrothread bump with almost all of the people that posted on it not having been on here for years and years!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top