JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back waaaay up to the beginning: A Star Wars fanatic is fanatically anti-gun? It's a story whose heroes are an armed rebellion violently overthrowing an oppressive government with, y'know, blasters and light sabers and all manner of offensive ships and artillery. WTF does he think the Jedi carry light sabers for? Where would Han be without his blaster? Or R2D2 without his taser thingy?

Wait, maybe his favorite side is the Empire?
You'd think that person would be more of a Trekkie lol
EDIT: Or perhaps he is of the opinion that since no one but the criminals, terrorists and the military carries arms, therefore the same should be true of real life? Nevermind the fact that in the SW universe, a lot of people are armed with whatever they can, and not everyone who is armed is either a criminal or military.

EDIT 2 Let's break down the known armed factions of Star Wars and their real life counterparts;

Empire-Totalitarian Big Government, controls nearly every aspect of life

Rebel Alliance- Terrorists, Militia, and Free Men who took arms up against Government (See Bundy, Hammond, Ruby Ridge, Waco, American Revolution)

Criminals/Gangs/Smugglers-Criminals, Gangs, Smugglers (Often allied with Cartels)

Jedi Knights- County Sheriffs

Of course these are broad strokes but....

Last Edited:
Ask him if he thought it was ok that Han Solo killed Greedo in the bar to defend himself.
:s0003:

That's even the most extreme case of self defense, as it was a preemptive strike. Acting first to prevent an at the time future attack by a "person" who has a reputation for violence. In a world that truly values decency this would be self defense, but currently it would be murder. (truly ironic as these so called "good" governments who would call that murder use preemptive strikes to take out regimes of "evil" nations to avoid future aggression & "genocide" only to be the cause of as much if not more death than they claimed to wish to avoid, surmounting body counts of commoners from both the good & evil governments)

That's even the most extreme case of self defense, as it was a preemptive strike. Acting first to prevent an at the time future attack by a "person" who has a reputation for violence. In a world that truly values decency this would be self defense, but currently it would be murder. (truly ironic as these so called "good" governments who would call that murder use preemptive strikes to take out regimes of "evil" nations to avoid future aggression & "genocide" only to be the cause of as much if not more death than they claimed to wish to avoid, surmounting body counts of commoners from both the good & evil governments)

There are many people who believe if they can only convince the lion they just want to stroke his furry mane and nuzzle his big, soft nose. If only the lion would understand, he would not choose to chew their face, and eat their intestines.
We had a fella from California that visited the wilds of Alaska for a few years "Taming" the Brown Bears, or at least living with them. One year he brought along his girlfreind and the Bears ate them!
because he was to wrapped up in the freindliness of the bears to understand the dangers they represented.
I have lived and am living in Ak outside of the city proper, about 20 miles out, and ANY danger to me or mine will be met appropriately, depending on the threat, the defense available, and the options I have.
IF that means I would have to take some one elses life to save mine or one of my family etc. YES I WOULD TAKE THE LIFE.

We had a fella from California that visited the wilds of Alaska for a few years "Taming" the Brown Bears, or at least living with them. One year he brought along his girlfreind and the Bears ate them!
because he was to wrapped up in the freindliness of the bears to understand the dangers they represented.
I have lived and am living in Ak outside of the city proper, about 20 miles out, and ANY danger to me or mine will be met appropriately, depending on the threat, the defense available, and the options I have.
IF that means I would have to take some one elses life to save mine or one of my family etc. YES I WOULD TAKE THE LIFE.

I remember that guy. Funny how many parallels you can draw between that brain-dead moron and the large number of people around the world today that can't see the threats they face on a daily basis - believing that normally dangerous people are really just gentle loving folks :( Even the idiots running France and Belgium won't learn their lessons.

Back waaaay up to the beginning: A Star Wars fanatic is fanatically anti-gun? It's a story whose heroes are an armed rebellion violently overthrowing an oppressive government with, y'know, blasters and light sabers and all manner of offensive ships and artillery. WTF does he think the Jedi carry light sabers for? Where would Han be without his blaster? Or R2D2 without his taser thingy?

Wait, maybe his favorite side is the Empire?
But... But it's fantasy! That's actually how I hope he would answer. More likely he'd say some s*** about how the rebels had a legitimate reason unlike us, who the only thing wrong with our government is they are not oppressive enough.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top