JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tacos de Lengua

There's some chicken there for the wimps. I was actually amazed that the boys ate it and actually liked it. It's great stuff, don't let the stigma stop you from trying one.

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

What is the 'stigma' attached to it?

Tongue isn't very common among the Caucasian city folks diet. :s0112:

To prepare the tongue I boiled/simmered the Tongue in Mexican spices, onion and jalapeno's for 3 hours, then dipped in cold water and pealed the skin off, then sliced and removed some of the fattier/gelatinous portion, then chopped and fried in Fajita seasoning, Mmm good!

The fattier/gelatinous portions I saved to make some bacon wrapped and stuffed Jalapenos tomorrow.

I love the lengua, it's so much softer, more tender than other meat that you get in tacos.

Te quiero tacos de lengua con cebollas, cilantro, lima, y pico de gallo.

you should do the corn like the mexicans do

grill it then put a mexican mayo (alot milder than ours) with cayenne pepper and salt on it. tastes better than it sounds

I cooked one the other day for about 12 hrs,,, slow burn, added a head of garlic and a complete anion, ,,,,,,wow very tender pilled the hard layer right out,chopped then fried with more anions,salt, Chile pasilla powder, prepared a Salsa, made tacos and invited my girlfriend, She loved it, no way I'm telling her is tongue,,,,lol she had seconds:s0155:

bon appétit!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top