JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I have some questions I have read some on this subject as it has been asked before on other forums and usually get a bunch of those why do you answers.

8mm mauser ammo is expensive some mail order can get it for $17 a box but I don't like mail ordering ammo . locally over $35 a box. (please let me know if you know a local place to get it for less than $25 a box)

I have a bunch of Turkish ammo good hot stuff I have shot this stuff next to the commercial hunting ammo and there is quite a measurable difference it felt recoil.

I would like the pull the Turkish Bullets and replace with Soft point hunting bullets.

Other than making sure the replacement bullets are the same weight to prevent pressure issues has any one done this? Thoughts Seems like a good low cost way to make some Kick Arse hunting ammo

or are there concerns about doing this ?

Thanks

JUST TO BE CLEAR I DO NOT RELOAD...JUST MY OBSERVATIONS

I have been trying to shoot up the older 40's turk as in my experience case necks split on those years. Lack of annealing?

Now the 50's turk with brass coloured bullets ...no worries as brass was annealed

I have shot and still have some of that old Turk 8mm. I think it is hard on
the barrel because of the steel bullet? I reload for
the 8mm. I started reloading in 1979. Pulling the bullet without
spilling any powder is not that easy. New bullet same weight but different
design and material possibly can cause increase PSI? Putting it together
with no published data since powder and primer are unknown? I would not.
Second I think the primers are corrosive?The brass is brittle because of
its age? :confused::confused::confused: Sorry don't mean blow holes in your plan. Get a single
stage press find some brass and learn to reload. Another hobby.:eek::eek:

Thanks for the great info guys that answers my questions . I was not concerned about the corrosive primers as shooting them anyway i would just clean as I do with shooting any other corrosive ammo necks cracking when removing and inserting new bullets is enough to say no go. Bummer though thought I had found a was to save some $$

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top