JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this story we were just looking at southwest flights last night.......
Maybe we'll get a discount for window seats now?!

I flew once to Vegas thru Reno and there was a bad windstorm coming into Reno.
I was in a window seat, this was my first ever adult vacation meeting a group of 20 friends in vegas. As we were landing the plane was tipping back and forth so bad as I was looking out the window I could see land, then air, land, air, land.
That plane was all over the place.
People were freaking out, some lightly screaming, the guy next to me was praying out loud.
I couldn't help but laugh out loud, I figured if I'm going out, It might as well be going to vegas.

Tammie Jo.jpg "Southwest 1380, we're single engine," said Tammie Jo Shults, a former fighter pilot with the U.S. Navy. "We have part of the aircraft missing, so we're going to need to slow down a bit." She asked for medical personnel to meet her aircraft on the runway. "We've got injured passengers."

"Injured passengers, okay, and is your airplane physically on fire?" asked a male voice on the other end, according to an air traffic recording.

"No, it's not on fire, but part of it's missing," Shults said, pausing for a moment. "They said there's a hole, and uh, someone went out."

The engine on Shults's plane had, in fact, exploded on Tuesday, spraying shrapnel into the aircraft, causing a window to be blown out and leaving one woman dead and seven other people injured. Passengers pulled the woman who later died back into the plane as she was being sucked out. Others on board the Dallas-bound flight braced for impact as oxygen masks muffled their screams.

I prefer aisles so I can go to the bathroom whenever I want. But window seats are easier to sleep in. Trade off either way, but I wouldn't worry about dying. You're either dying that day or you're not.

For you young people out there HALO IS NOT JUST A VIDEO GAME
I'd know what this game is, but I went with the superior playstation and PC. As a result I know that HALO is high altitude, low opening. :rolleyes:

The 737 has a good safety record. I read that the engine was showing metal fatigue. It that's true and SouthWest didn't change it out then it's on them. I'm sure CFM will be all over this as the cowl is supposed to contain and engine failure.

Reminds me of United 232 that crashed in Iowa. United Airlines Flight 232 - Wikipedia

Not to be a internet policeman but to say someone "was sucked out of a window" or "pulled out of a window" is incorrect. There is no physical force involved in SUCK there is no Suck Suck is the absence of pressure. What is actually happening is the Air Pressure in the Cabin is PUSHING the person who is an obstruction in the path of the AIR trying to equalize the pressure.

A Vacuum does not pull dust into the filter. Atmospheric pressure pushes the dust into the vacuum. If Vacuum had a pull we would all be in outerspace.

I always choose a window seat. I like to look out the window, especially at the Cascades. Hundreds of flights happen everyday and the chances are pretty low. That said, I also always sit in the back of the plane at least 6-7 rows behind the wing.

Full disclosure...I'd rather drive

Yup;).

Nothing like hitting an air pocket on a transcontinental flight and seeing half the plane float 3 feet in the air and then have everything and everyone go everywhere half a second later to drive that home lol:D

Been there and got the T-shirt twice.... once in a commercial "twin prop-job" over Indiana in a massive T-storm, and once in a C141 over Cuba in a S-storm..... o_O

I've made it a point to NEVER sit in the same plane in an aircraft as rotating mass regardless of propeller, impeller, blade, etc.. I know the odds are small, but I've never been able to relax when I think about the forces at play.

Female pilot EX NAVY FLU F18 back in the day before woman where allowed to fly conbat .
Left the Navy in 1993 been flying a commercial airline sense then

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads