JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Southwest Airlines flight made an emergency landing today after the left engine "exploded" in flight sending shrapnel into the cabin, breaking a window and causing a woman to be partially sucked out of the plane. Passengers were able to pull the woman back inside. The plane safely landed, but now a a single fatality has been reported - no news on whether it's the woman that got pulled out of the window.

1 dead in Southwest Airlines flight emergency landing in Philadelphia - live updates

southwest-airlines-emergency-landing-6b48b58b6145dfb8.jpg

2Fcf597cef073f25d583e19c80c702f344%2F206303080%2FScreen%2BShot%2B2018-04-17%2Bat%2B12.56.18%2BPM.jpg

038ddb41-8229-447d-ac67-99d8d0da9ffc.jpg

Apparently the person was partially pulled out the window by the explosive decompression. That in itself would be traumatic, and then having any portion of your body exposed to 250 knot wind speed while the pilot was making and emergency descent is going to f you up big time.

Sounds like the pilot did a great job, they simulate for just that.

Isle seats for me anyway cuz my shoulders stick out into the isle 8" or more.

I've been on some sketchy flights but not this bad.

Our last flight was back from Hawaii about 6 years ago. On the flight back we had a medical emergency on board, right at the half-way point - they debated turning back to HI, but decided they could proceed on. When we approached the coast, we got word of huge thunderstorms all over northwest Oregon, so we started to circle, then were told we'd have to divert to Seattle. A few later, they said we could turn back to PDX, so we did. Then we were struck by lightning, which the planes are made to withstand, thankfully. When we landed, there were several news crews waiting in the airport to meet the passengers from the flight that 'survived the storm' :eek: Honestly, inside the plane, we had no idea it was as bad as it was perceived by those on the ground.

Yup;).

Nothing like hitting an air pocket on a transcontinental flight and seeing half the plane float 3 feet in the air and then have everything and everyone go everywhere half a second later to drive that home lol:D

I don't need a seat belt because I barely fit between the arm rest anyway!:p:D

Yup;).

Nothing like hitting an air pocket on a transcontinental flight and seeing half the plane float 3 feet in the air and then have everything and everyone go everywhere half a second later to drive that home lol:D

I was on a flight coming back to Portland and the planes coming from the south east usually are flying up the east side of the cascades about 10 miles or so east of the Sunriver area. There was some turbulence from K Falls north that was tossing the plane around big time, the wing tips were probably flexing 3 feet or more up and down. You had to hang on to the seat in front of you to keep from bashing your head into it. Sh*t was flying everywhere. Lasted about 3 minutes.

Those are pretty interesting if the pilot can't get the autopilot disconnected quickly . The computer wants to return to the preset flight level, but the engines are at a fixed setting and it is a pretty slow climb unless the pilot can add on some power. Usually does not happen those are less than 400 feet usually, but pretty violent when they do occur. Probably a malfunction with the chem trail systems that causes it.

When we landed, there were several news crews waiting in the airport to meet the passengers from the flight that 'survived the storm' :eek: Honestly, inside the plane, we had no idea it was as bad as it was perceived by those on the ground.

You failed to live up to the news crews expectations. Bodies on the tarmac, people being carried off the plane on stretchers, blood and general mayhem are what they were there for. If not, no story, move along now.

So Andy how many times have you jumped from a plane above 30 thousand feet or 30 feet lol just kidding I know you cannot awnser that HEHEE

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top