JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanna ask you guys if this is a must and I should get it ir I could live without it. One of the reasons why is I have so much things like tools and I'm trying not to add anymore unless I really need it along the way. Thanks.

PITTSBURGH Digital Mini Moisture Meter

Add to List
$1399
67143_W3.jpg

Can we see a pic of the specific item for that? It mounts in an interior hallway of the home...? o_O
It is quite literally just a metal frame exterior door that he framed into the hallway. It ain't pretty, but it would take some serious effort to breech it. He got the idea from our local school where they have interior doors that secure the different hallways leading to classrooms.

It's very helpful to know what techniques the thieving scums use. But I wonder what % use these electronic jamming/disabling techniques? 5%?

I try to follow the reports locally and most are random drugged out or crazy bubblegums breaking in. Next it's single or groups of 3 to 4 people. I haven't yet heard mention locally of electronic disabling but then folks with fancy homes probably aren't going to report that on nextdoor if it happened I would guess?

So I would plan for the most likely scenarios and if you can do reasonable hardening go for it. Perhaps more importantly is be aware of the most common techniques the scum sons of whore mongrel sluts use.

Fe he mentions doors containing glass below. We use dead bolt locks with keys on each side. So in evening key can be removed (don't put it where perp can reach in with wire to get it). Just one small thing that can help slow thieving bubbleguming scum bastards down and there are many of those things a person can do to make it harder for them (as others mentioned above) or make them avoid your house entirely.

If I were to guess the % of likely to run into (in Portland anyway):

Drugged out or crazy bubblegums: 40%
Regular single Scum bastard thieves: 25%
Group of 3-4 scum sucking MF scums: 20%
Scum running fr. active crime scene: 10%
Thieving scums use electronic jamming: 1-5%

For the record I've only personally had the single person type attempted break in. Ring camera caught him before he ever got close to doors or windows. I watched on the ring cams until he was cornered on the premises and confronted him from upstairs window with shotgun in hand (which I did not show him). Ring cameras notified me on my phone well ahead of time.

Last Edited:
Someone I know from Washington told me that Portland is worst than Seattle. I answered what I I know and told him.
"I haven't been living in OR for a long time. I been to Portland so many times and and I have co-workers living there. 7 years ago or further down, everyone loves moving and living in Portland. I see why and its close to everywhere. One thing I do know are most of the people that are ruining every place in Oregon (not just Portland) are mostly outsiders and people that fled from another state for an unusual reason. If I were going to move from one place to another, I'd start fresh and wont even bring any baggage with me. Because if I were going to do the same, I might as well just stayed there and live happily ever after. All in all Oregonians are naturally caring and nature loving people. If you drive anywhere in Oregon, most drivers are still courteous. The only and very few drivers I see jamming their car on a 4 way stop and deliberately creating a dead traffic are newbies from other state."
I have a very strong faith that things will change again for the better here in Oregon. We just have to get rid of the useless officials like wheeler-squealer and some other lunatic leader. I'm so glad we got rid of one commissioner that looks like "Dhalsim" from street fighter. She was another waste of oxygen and ground material.
Anyways keep fighting and be safe. And hopefully we'll be blessed and get our home again soon.

I wanna ask you guys if this is a must and I should get it ir I could live without it. One of the reasons why is I have so much things like tools and I'm trying not to add anymore unless I really need it along the way. Thanks.

PITTSBURGH Digital Mini Moisture Meter

Add to List
$1399
View attachment 1780346
Personally, I'm more of the type to do something about a situation than to sit by and observe it. What that means, practically speaking, is that I would not waste my time/money with a gauge that tells me what the humidity is, but rather a device that would actually lower said humidity. Get a Goldenrod dehumidifier and wire it into whatever safe/cabinet/toolbox you're worried about having too high of RH, plug it in, and move on. Check it with your hand every so often to see if it's still generating heat, and you'll be fine.

I'm sure you can find them cheaper than this (I did easily), but this device is the idea. Get one for every enclosure you want to dehumidify, and keep the doors to the enclosures closed when you're not using them to keep the heat in and keep the RH down.

clicky to embiggen...

1702401062681.png

ETA:
I should mention, if it wasn't already intuitively obvious, that because heat rises, you will want to situate the Goldenrod (or whatever brand of dehumidifier you buy) in the low spot of the space to be dehumidified.

Last Edited:
It is quite literally just a metal frame exterior door that he framed into the hallway. It ain't pretty, but it would take some serious effort to breech it. He got the idea from our local school where they have interior doors that secure the different hallways leading to classrooms.
Seems to me it has the added benefit of allowing clear shots onto the intruders while they're trying to breach it, and because they are clearly inside your home, that fact adds to your self-defence lawsuit that you feared for your life. "The dobads broke down my front door and entered my home, they were trying to attack me and my family as they tried to breach the hallway security door, I feared for my family's safety and our lives, our cell phones had been jammed, and the only thing left to do was to shoot back, Your Honor."

And then in hushed tones, "Good thing the bars in the door were amply spaced so all my rounds found their mark... " :)

Personally, I'm more of the type to do something about a situation than to sit by and observe it. What that means, practically, is that I would not waste my time/money with a gauge that tells me what the humidity is, but rather a device that would actually lower said humidity. Get a Goldenrod dehumidifier and wire it into whatever safe/cabinet/toolbox you're worried about having too high of RH, plug it in, and move on. Check it with your hand every so often to see if it's still generating heat, and you'll be fine.

I'm sure you can find them cheaper than this (I did easily), but this device is the idea. Get one for every enclosure you want to dehumidify, and keep the doors to the enclosures closed when you're not using them to keep the heat in and keep the RH down.

clicky to embiggen...

View attachment 1780449
This is basically how my guns are set now and all locked and strapped in an enclosed hard case. As of right now I'm using absorbent papers and silica inside the case. I might have to make a change then in how I can add a dehumidifier.
Anyways that's excellent advise. I'll take that 100%.
Thank You H.

SAM_4723.JPG SAM_4718.JPG

This is basically how my guns are set now and all locked and strapped in an enclosed hard case. As of right now I'm using absorbent papers and silica inside the case. I might have to make a change then in how I can add a dehumidifier.
Anyways that's excellent advise. I'll take that 100%.
Thank You H.

View attachment 1780470 View attachment 1780471
Since you're using "Pelican"-style cases like that Apache case, you don't need a dehumidifier if you keep them closed and latched. Just put in the desiccant packets and you'll be fine. The dehumidifiers like the Goldenrod are for larger volumes (safes, cabinets, etc.) where the use of desiccant packets would be impractical (i.e., way too many of them to dehumidify the space in question).

Since you're using "Pelican"-style cases like that Apache case, you don't need a dehumidifier if you keep them closed and latched. Just put in the desiccant packets and you'll be fine. The dehumidifiers like the Goldenrod are for larger volumes (safes, cabinets, etc.) where the use of desiccant packets would be impractical (i.e., way too many of them to dehumidify the space in question).
Okay great to know.
Think I need to buy another case but a bit smaller for 2 guns. These things are just multiplying by themselves like a Gremlin.:s0100:

Okay great to know.
Think I need to buy another case but a bit smaller for 2 guns. These things are just multiplying by themselves like a Gremlin.:s0100:
Get a gun safe and your problems will be over and done with just beginning. :)

Just make sure you buy one a lot bigger than you think you'll need... These creatures have a way of multiplying, as you have already discovered... ;)

Can't help you on long term storage options but for transport a hard double rifle case for $50 new will hold 4 PCCs and 2 pistols. Basically just throw whatever you want in there when going to the range. Very convenient. Not the pull apart foam kind just regular cheap foam.

Last Edited:
Trying to get a holster. Is this the same size as a sub compact?
Looking at this holster. I wanna hide it.
Thanks

View attachment 1781354

View attachment 1781315
Do some YouTube watching before you start your trial and error would be my suggestion. Don't buy cheap junk holster would be my second suggestion. Decide how you will carry it first. Fe IWB, pocket, appendix. For pocket you can't go wrong with Alabama holster imo. Tons of quality iwb holsters out there. Materials like kydex and leather are good. Don't get cheap nylon. Feel free to ignore. Good place to start of YouTube study:

Do some YouTube watching before you start your trial and error would be my suggestion. Don't buy cheap junk holster would be my second suggestion. Decide how you will carry it first. Fe IWB, pocket, appendix. For pocket you can't go wrong with Alabama holster imo. Tons of quality iwb holsters out there. Materials like kydex and leather are good. Don't get cheap nylon. Feel free to ignore. Good place to start of YouTube study:

Okay great idea on the outside holster. I'll use a good one.
Going back to the picture I shown and the reason why wanna get that one too, is because I wear a frontal bag all the time. That is a part of me putting all my wallets and everything. I want to put that small one inside the pouch so it looks invisible. Everyone knows me will never suspect I'm carrying one. Is the subcompact consider as the dimensions I attached in the previous picture?
Thanks H.

1702495860671.png

Okay great idea on the outside holster. I'll use a good one.
Going back to the picture I shown and the reason why wanna get that one too, is because I wear a frontal bag all the time. That is a part of me putting all my wallets and everything. I want to put that small one inside the pouch so it looks invisible. Everyone knows me will never suspect I'm carrying one. Is the subcompact consider as the dimensions I attached in the previous picture?
Thanks H.

View attachment 1781364
If it were me I would use Alabama holster for pocket or carry like you are describing. It will never come out of holster on accident, trigger is always covered. You can release it from the holster with your thumb inside the bag and have it in your hand and ready while remaining invisible to offending party. It's just like the start of that pocket holster video. I've released mine a couple times in sketchy situations and never drew it. But it would have been a fraction of a second to draw cuz gun is already in hand and ready to go (invisible to offending party) very similar to holding gun at the low ready. You could also add a small lanyard to make sure holster stays in bag (the hook on the holster is designed to keep it coming out of your pocket and works perfectly but you'd have to test it in any given bag to make sure it stays in the bag 100% of the time when drawing, adding a lanyard if it doesn't).

I also carry IWB and with that you have to clear covering garment with one hand, put your other hand on gun and draw, all of which is very visible. Both work well and have pros and cons but for that situation you are talking about I would buy an Alabama holster. Even with the best planning it's still trial and error to find the perfect solution for you. That's just the nature of holsters and why people have many different ones they try until they find the perfect one.

Also keep in mind having a visible bag could mark you as a target for theft but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

Also oddball scenario example here where pocket carry would be a benefit over waistband carry. In the case of the bag though I guess they would just say "give me the bag". Again rare and oddball scenario just included fyi:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top