JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love that band. Rutherford of Mike & TM and Mick Jones of Foreigner are two of my favorite rhythm guitar player of all time. Not the skills, the innovation and sound that makes the song complete. Excellent music writers too.
Kids today have no clue the level of technical expertise that the 70s and 80s demanded of musicians who wanted careers in the industry.
Not that I don't see real talent in some of today's musicians, just that technology has supplanted hard earned analog skills.

I have a friend who was the near victim of a home invasion. He and his family survived the incursion due to the large family dog that greeted the perps on the front porch. The dog gave enough of a warning that he was able to mount an effective defense in the home interior. Two of the perps went to the hospital that night.

Now, after looking back on that incident, he has installed a second entry type door in the hallway leading to the bedrooms of the home. His thinking is that you are most vulnerable while you are sleeping and that having that second barrier to breach will give him more time to arm up and repel boarders.

I plan to include this feature in my next home.

-E-
Those second interior doors are common in South Africa.. they're called rape cages.

but a safe, it'll keep your inventory secured and with the door closed and the lights out, they tend to
Multiply…

:s0140:

Or at least they did in my safe, started out with a few long guns and a handful of handguns, no there literally no room to add another gun, not one. They're hanging on the door, hanging from the shelves, standing up in the shelves…. I have to leave the light on now so they'll stop multiplying….
I had the same problem, so I installed LED light strips in my safe. Seems to have stopped them procreatin'... for now, at least...

Now, after looking back on that incident, he has installed a second entry type door in the hallway leading to the bedrooms of the home. His thinking is that you are most vulnerable while you are sleeping and that having that second barrier to breach will give him more time to arm up and repel boarders.
Can we see a pic of the specific item for that? It mounts in an interior hallway of the home...? o_O

Kids today have no clue the level of technical expertise that the 70s and 80s demanded of musicians who wanted careers in the industry.
Not that I don't see real talent in some of today's musicians, just that technology has supplanted hard earned analog skills.
I'm so blown away at those times. Great bands coming out left and right with innovative songs. I remember when I was in college summer of 1985. Me and my classmate all we talk about is MTV. On one of our lunch break we were listening to the radio and I heard - Everybody Wants To Rule The World - for the first time. Right after class I bought the whole album.. That was a masterpiece. The writings, music, changes, vocal is 150%. Nothing to throw away on every cut of that album.
A few months went by I bought - Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits. What a magical album. Up to now I still listen to it and the - On the Night Album - UNBELIEVABLE..
One of these days we'll open a threading about music and high fidelity.
Sorry about the threading hijack.:s0013:

Just food for thought, if you're getting up there in age and/or have medical issues, those same barriers that keep criminals out will also slow the response of paramedics if you ever need to call for help (heart attack, stroke, etc).

I'm so blown away at those times. Great bands coming out left and right with innovative songs. I remember when I was in college summer of 1985. Me and my classmate all we talk about is MTV. On one of our lunch break we were listening to the radio and I heard - Everybody Wants To Rule The World - for the first time. Right after class I bought the whole album.. That was a masterpiece. The writings, music, changes, vocal is 150%. Nothing to throw away on every cut of that album.
A few months went by I bought - Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits. What a magical album. Up to now I still listen to it and the - On the Night Album - UNBELIEVABLE..
One of these days we'll open a threading about music and high fidelity.
Sorry about the threading hijack.:s0013:
You better go blast " sultans of swing " real quick.
Get that guitar fix.

I ordered that door jamb brace. I got stainless steel. I'm gonna hit it 800 grit sandpaper to make it brushed finish.
Just so you know, I chose the polished brass finish cuz my door hardware is shiny brass. They also have matte black, stainless steel, and a satin nickel finish, if that suits your home's hardware.

Just food for thought, if you're getting up there in age and/or have medical issues, those same barriers that keep criminals out will also slow the response of paramedics if you ever need to call for help (heart attack, stroke, etc).
That can be a problem with a protection dog too.

but a safe, it'll keep your inventory secured and with the door closed and the lights out, they tend to
Multiply…......

:s0140:
That's exactly whats going on now. I put:
3 hand guns and 9 magazines in 1 case,
2 rifles, 3 guns and 13 magazines in a big rifle case
2 shotguns in another case. (invisible in sight)
I thought I was all done, and now I have 2 more. I couldn't pass this up.
Holy.....Guacamole! :s0064:

Just so you know, I chose the polished brass finish cuz my door hardware is shiny brass. They also have matte black, stainless steel, and a satin nickel finish, if that suits your home's hardware.
Oh for real? I didnt know they have SS on matte finish. That's actually what I need without the die grind brush work. :s0037:

Oh for real? I didnt know they have SS on matte finish. That's actually what I need without the die grind brush work. :s0037:
Go on Amazon using the links I originally posted, and you can surf around a little bit and find the different materials/finishes. That's what I did. When I first went to Amazon looking for these items, I landed on matte nickel first, but I wanted brass. Surfing a bit brought me to what I was looking for. It'll work for you, too...

I have indeed done the same, all around the inside of the door frame. Nice and bright, ruins the mood, makes things easier to find.
I think you're talking about the strings of LED lights in my gun safe, but what you quoted was me asking to see a pic of the "anti-rape cage" that installs in a hallway... :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top