JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm finding my way back home.

Escape-from-New-York.jpg

So your stuck out on the roads, Your Car or truck is a good and fairly safe shelter and can serve as such for as long as you have food and water! Do you have a means of getting extra fuel so you can travel in it? I always think of what I would do if I got stuck in an area that was impassable by car or truck. How long would I stay with my rig? It is a mobile shelter, so it gives a few options! Having to cross any water is likely the end of that trip though, so hiking or biking old school is probably going to be the best plan! Beyond that, actually getting across any water is going to be a serious challenge! I really do not like the prospects of having to do that!

So your stuck out on the roads, Your Car or truck is a good and fairly safe shelter and can serve as such for as long as you have food and water! Do you have a means of getting extra fuel so you can travel in it? I always think of what I would do if I got stuck in an area that was impassable by car or truck. How long would I stay with my rig? It is a mobile shelter, so it gives a few options! Having to cross any water is likely the end of that trip though, so hiking or biking old school is probably going to be the best plan! Beyond that, actually getting across any water is going to be a serious challenge! I really do not like the prospects of having to do that!
yup, but you'll only last so long living in your car if you cant walk home. In some cases you may have to wait it out for FEMA :eek: to arrive and airlift you out somewhere and they wont be taking you home but probably some coliseum shelter hell hole.

I am just pointing out the shelter idea as an option, not as a fixed plan. The ultimate goal IS to be able to get home and deal with things along the way! Thankfully I do not live there, But would be likely responding to a disaster up there, and that paints a different picture all together!

9.0 means all infrastructure is gone.

How many bridges do you cross in your daily activities or commutes ??

Any answer that has to do with a motorized vehicle other than a dirt bike is wrong. A bicycle might work but carrying your sustainable supplies is problematic. Hiking is going to be your best bet. I could probably do about 5 to 7 miles a day in my condition.

I carry a portable ham radio everywhere I go. I know people all over this state on the ham radio. I would end up walking between ham radio contacts stops, most likely figuring out how to cross waterways. I also belong to a fraternal group that has recognition signs and words . Between these 2 sets of contacts anywhere I go, I would eventually make my way home and have a garage to shed to sleep in between and share food. I would do the same for them.

My whole intent is to not get caught away from home, but if I do make the best of it.

YUP, I'm around 1200 miles from it, depending on where it happens or how far and wide it goes! I would still be right in the thick of it in a few days, I have family and friends up there and I would be trying to help any way I could!

Find a local.
Find an airstrip.

Buy a flight home. ;)

My ham radio puts me in touch with 2 friends with aircraft with bush capabilities. I am not current on my ticket, but if I find an airplane with gas in it, I will forgo my usual law abiding ways and utilize the 2 sets of jump wires I carry in my GHB and make my trip a lot easier. In fact that is my main plan if I was to be caught way from home. I have a landing strip at my place so we are good there. I would then contact the owner of the plane, offer to return it for a return flight home and pay him an appropriate rental fee.

still no word from the OP.
I bet he had a good idea until he read about the stream crossings.... lol

Zip line takes care of that, but you will not be able to carry enough line and gear to make more than a couple crossings at best.

My son has a zip line set up, but the plan is to use it once to get everybody to our place and then take it down for future use.

Zip line takes care of that, but you will not be able to carry enough line and gear to make more than a couple crossings at best.

My son has a zip line set up, but the plan is to use it once to get everybody to our place and then take it down for future use.
you carry a zip line canon in your GHB?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads