JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I happened to run across this video that was very interesting to me.

Then.....since it was also mentioned, about the tanks. Yup, that's a lot of metal.

And of course......
Some of you might have already seen the videos of the grave robbing of WW2 sunken ships.
Yup.....
Ships and aircraft are also a very valuable source of various metals.

Feel free to add your favorite videos about "surplus, salvage, repair, and scrap". And/or digging up artifacts from various battlefields or wars.

Personally, I find it to be a fascinating subject.

Aloha, Mark

The salvage of Pearl Harbor.

Salvage at Sapa Flow. I could imagine that some of the metal was returned to Germany during the WW2 bombings.
BUT, I also heard that the scrap metal was sold to Germany (during the inter-war years). And the metal was used for the rearmament of Hitler's war machine.

This one was closer to the shore. But......very large.

And then.....for some, the salvaged booty, ain't always such a straightforward affair.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Got any leftover bombs, ammo, etc.....?

Yeah......I can remember not so long ago, being able to find a C#@^ load of pulled 7.62x39 bullets. All over the internet, for sale, and pretty cheap too.

A more modern way (If you're not gonna use it).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I flew several C-47's/DC-3's in Alaska in the 1980's moving fish and cargo. The one that I flew most was later converted to turboprops by Basler, and is now based in Germany and used for scientific studies.

When someone says that the "DC-3 will be flying in the next century" I reply "that is because it won't have reached its destination yet." They are fairly slow, but extremely reliable, stable, have a decent payload, maintainable, and can operate off short runways (if not restricted to airline rules), beaches, gravel bars, open fields, and almost anywhere with 1,800 feet of fairly even surface.

In more recent history.

Afghanistan.

And for fun.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....this one brought a little smile to this taxpayer.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top