JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For .22 you want a dedicated can. They are smaller, much lighter, made to be taken apart to be cleaned.

A guy would be well set with a .22 can and a .30 cal can since they can be used on any caliber under .30.

Was only planning to get one can. Guess I'll stick with 22LR. Had someone tell me to get one that would work with 223 cause it would work with 22LR as well. Just would be kinda big on a P22 pistol.

22s are really dirty, my can gets really bad after a few hundred rounds. You want to be able to take it apart and clean it. Check out RevelationArms.com they are out in Aloha too - $200 for the can, works good.

Dont get me wrong you CAN used any silencer larger then .22 on one. The problem is that .22 leads really bad so needs more cleaning. Again the weight and size on a pistol would be excessive.

The average .22 silencer is going to be 1" diameter with a weight under 4oz where a .223 can is going to be 1.25-1.5" diameter with a weight in excess of 15oz.

Is that cause Sub Sonics are typically Lead (non jacketed) bullets?

Any other recommendations other than Revelation Arms out there? Nothing agains't RA, just looking for options.

Last Edited:
There are NO jacket .22 bullets that are readily available on the market that I am aware of. Since you mention SS ammo are you aware you will only need it with the rifle? In most pistols with barrels under 5" most standard and bulk pack ammo will stay subsonic.

There are many good silencers on the market. I personally have 2 of the Gemtech Outback 2's. The reason I went with them is size and weight.

You need to put these things in order of importance to you;
Cost
Size
Weight
Mount style
Material
Brand
Baffle design

For example if you want an inexpensive version it will be heavy, made of steel with basic baffles and thread mount. On the other hand you can get a light weight Ti can with QD mounts but it is going to cost much more. Those are answers you have to give yourself. For me weight and size are usually my big considerations.

You can buy a top tier 22 suppressor for around $600 including the stamp so there's good choices in your price range. AAC Element and SilencerCo SS Sparrow are two good places to start. I have the Sparrow and it's probably the easiest 22 can to disassemble and clean. Rated for up to 5.7x28.

Everyone I've talked to that has multiple suppressors has told me their .22 cans get used 90% of the time vs the others. Coctailer on here is a good source for an SS Sparrow. Nice guy, he is getting me one; will take months but happy I started the process.

For .223, I heard the TAC-16 is great for under $400. The Mystic is supposed to be a great all-round one, but it is big/heavy.

I have a Liberty Consititution, it is a take apart can that is rated for full auto .223 and 5.7. It was only around $400 when I bought it but a lot more now. The only downside is that it is kind of heavy compared to some of the smaller cans like the Sparrow. That being said it is a good general purpose can - not the best at any one thing but versatile. It fits and works on my 22/45 but it is pretty heavy. I have Sparrow for the pistol in the ATF purgatory.

Liberty Suppressors - Firearm Sound Suppressor and World Class Silencer

Get ahold of Coctailer. My 22 can's get used the most, though my 9mm can is probably one of my favorites! When I first got into it the Tac-16 was THE budget entry 223 can, I think that's not quite the case anymore. Nothing wrong with them at all really aside from there weight, but I believe other options are out there now in similiar price category.

Its not a matter of where you buy, it is a matter of what you buy.

If low price is your priority then great. The only problem with buying cheep cans is they are usually heavy and large. Then a guy wants to "upgrade" to a better one and the first one they bought has almost no resale. Spending time to put the priorities I listed above in order will save a guy lots of money in the long run. I wish I knew those rules when I bought my second silencer, but I did it on an impulse. For a few $ more I could have had a much better one. Someday I will buy another in the style I really want.

Why do people still buy .223 cans? You can buy .308 cans for almost the same price, weight and size yet can be used on many other guns.

I know where you can buy cars for $500 too, your point?

If low price is your priority then great. The only problem with buying cheep cans is they are usually heavy and large. Then a guy wants to "upgrade" to a better one and the first one they bought has almost no resale. Spending time to put the priorities I listed above in order will save a guy lots of money in the long run.

Why do people still buy .223 cans? You can buy .308 cans for almost the same price, weight and size yet can be used on many other guns.

I have alot of suppressors.. you don't need a $1200 suppressor on a .223 or .308 cause guess what they are still supersonic and loud..

but since you want to be a know it all bubblegum talker I am talking about GB's for shotshow stuff..

Is that cause Sub Sonics are typically Lead (non jacketed) bullets?

Any other recommendations other than Revelation Arms out there? Nothing agains't RA, just looking for options.
What appears to be a jacket is actually copper plating.

Propellant used for 22LR is typically very dirty, too.

If Roger still has any of them Freedom 22, he might let one go as low as $100 if you haggle. But if you do not want to go that route, I do not blame you. He did a sloppy job on one of my guns a few years back. I swallowed my pride when I bought the can year later. Plus, caveat emptor: baffles are blued steel. They corrode. The can is high maintenance. Knowing what I know now, I'd spend my money on a can with baffles that are corrosion resistant.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews