JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brightwater Ventures on 4th Plain did a great job getting me a Sparrow suppressor and they helped me file. Good people and very responsive.

The Sparrow is the best 22 suppressor I could find.

I'd also recommend Andrew at Ortwien International (AKA coctailer on this forum). <broken link removed>

He opened up very early this morning (that's right, on a Sunday before 8:00am) to let me pick up my Socom suppressors that finally got out of NFA jail.

Great guy, great service, great prices.

According to the Silencerco video/testing the Spectre-II is the current quietest .22 suppressor and is stainless so you can clean it with anything people would normally use on suppressors.
Mine has proven to be an excellent unit; I don't shoot .22 without it anymore.

I'd also recommend Andrew at Ortwien International (AKA coctailer on this forum). <broken link removed>

He opened up very early this morning (that's right, on a Sunday before 8:00am) to let me pick up my Socom suppressors that finally got out of NFA jail.

Great guy, great service, great prices.

Agree I have used Andrew a few times as well. He also has a suppressor waiting to be released for me:(

Cocktailer is a nice guy and should have a good inventory in stock, which is important if you want to reduce your wait time.

My first choice was a Silencerco SS Sparrow. Makes me smile just thinking about shoot with it. Put it on a bolt .22lr and it will be quieter than a pellet gun. It is also pretty good on a pistol, but I've read that the Spectre II is a little better, so I'm waiting on one of them. No one who goes shooting with a buddy will be happy with only 1 suppressor.

I own both weapons and fire them both suppressed with the same can.

Both perform well and quietly with my TAC-65 on them. The TAC-65 is a decent budget can. 6061 aluminum k-baffle, so cleaning it with ease means you need a blast cabinet (which I have now) and the AAC element baffle removal tool as well as the endcap tool to get it apart for cleaning.

If I could do it all over again, I would get stainless baffles. But lucky for me there are numerous companies that offer to rebuild the tac-65 and upgrade them with stainless k-baffles in a better quieter design, or a stainless mono core, etc.. rebuild costs about $275 which is about the price difference between the tac 65 and a stainless can...

so if you figure it that way... you get the cheaper can, shoot the hell out of it and put aside a little money later down the road so when your baffles wear out, break, or don't perform as well: get it rebuild for $275 and have it back in a couple days! no new stamp, no having to ship to/from a FFL since you already own the can and have the stamp for it..

Just a thought..

here are the guns with that can on them:

20140220_123024_zps9d7f4e13.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

A few things about those particular guns with a can:

the P22 with the 3.4" barrel does well with cheap federal bulk ammo and keeps it subsonic and quiet, however I highly recommend a laser sight or a scope mount and a red dot sight because the can gets in the way of the iron sights and makes you have to guess where you are shooting at...

the 15-22 performs exceptional with the can on it. remington subsonic ammo does alright, but usually has 1 or 2 rounds out of 50 make a loud pop out of the action, or travel transonic and usually those one or two rounds go high or low out of the group.

55048c7bed0b42.jpg

75 yards w/remington subsonic ammo. 25 rounds fired rapidly from a bi-pod with a 3-9x32 scope on the 15-22.

can you tell which round popped loud and was the odd ball?? lol

I recently tried CCI standard velocity out of it and I must say that ammo is AWESOME! very consistent and very quiet out of the 15-22 with the suppressor. They do stay subsonic and they are actually quieter and cleaner than the remington subsonics. Tighter more consistent grouping as well.

Use the cheap stuff out of the pistol though as all ammo stays subsonic out of it.

Thanks fo
I own both weapons and fire them both suppressed with the same can.

Both perform well and quietly with my TAC-65 on them. The TAC-65 is a decent budget can. 6061 aluminum k-baffle, so cleaning it with ease means you need a blast cabinet (which I have now) and the AAC element baffle removal tool as well as the endcap tool to get it apart for cleaning.

If I could do it all over again, I would get stainless baffles. But lucky for me there are numerous companies that offer to rebuild the tac-65 and upgrade them with stainless k-baffles in a better quieter design, or a stainless mono core, etc.. rebuild costs about $275 which is about the price difference between the tac 65 and a stainless can...

so if you figure it that way... you get the cheaper can, shoot the hell out of it and put aside a little money later down the road so when your baffles wear out, break, or don't perform as well: get it rebuild for $275 and have it back in a couple days! no new stamp, no having to ship to/from a FFL since you already own the can and have the stamp for it..

Just a thought..

here are the guns with that can on them:

View attachment 86660

View attachment 86661

A few things about those particular guns with a can:

the P22 with the 3.4" barrel does well with cheap federal bulk ammo and keeps it subsonic and quiet, however I highly recommend a laser sight or a scope mount and a red dot sight because the can gets in the way of the iron sights and makes you have to guess where you are shooting at...

the 15-22 performs exceptional with the can on it. remington subsonic ammo does alright, but usually has 1 or 2 rounds out of 50 make a loud pop out of the action, or travel transonic and usually those one or two rounds go high or low out of the group.

View attachment 86662

75 yards w/remington subsonic ammo. 25 rounds fired rapidly from a bi-pod with a 3-9x32 scope on the 15-22.

can you tell which round popped loud and was the odd ball?? lol

I recently tried CCI standard velocity out of it and I must say that ammo is AWESOME! very consistent and very quiet out of the 15-22 with the suppressor. They do stay subsonic and they are actually quieter and cleaner than the remington subsonics. Tighter more consistent grouping as well.

Use the cheap stuff out of the pistol though as all ammo stays subsonic out of it.[/QUOTE
Thanks for all the Info

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads