JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today the mail brought me an advertisement from the Murphy Auction Co. Announcing the liquidation auction of Surplus Ammo & Arms, in Tacoma. Their major stock in trade was in AR-type firearms and components. They had their own branded line of complete uppers, etc. Everything from handguns to glass display cases. I can only surmise that the recently enacted assault weapon ban in Wash. put them out of business. Not unexpected.

Recently, I mentioned in another post the disappearance of AR stuff dealers from the WAC gun shows. Which must've cut deep into table rent revenue to the WAC. Which will only hasten the demise of the organization. Which was already in trouble from multiple anti-gun enactments. The number of shows that the WAC puts on now is about half of what it used to schedule. The show in Elma, Wash. that was planned for July was cancelled due to lack of interest. The choice of venue in Elma for what was once a major gun show operator is telling.

If you go online and look up Surplus Ammo & Arms, it will look very "normal" which is an example of how it sometimes takes a long time for things to "die" there.

Today the mail brought me an advertisement from the Murphy Auction Co. Announcing the liquidation auction of Surplus Ammo & Arms, in Tacoma. Their major stock in trade was in AR-type firearms and components. They had their own branded line of complete uppers, etc. Everything from handguns to glass display cases. I can only surmise that the recently enacted assault weapon ban in Wash. put them out of business. Not unexpected.

Recently, I mentioned in another post the disappearance of AR stuff dealers from the WAC gun shows. Which must've cut deep into table rent revenue to the WAC. Which will only hasten the demise of the organization. Which was already in trouble from multiple anti-gun enactments. The number of shows that the WAC puts on now is about half of what it used to schedule. The show in Elma, Wash. that was planned for July was cancelled due to lack of interest. The choice of venue in Elma for what was once a major gun show operator is telling.

If you go online and look up Surplus Ammo & Arms, it will look very "normal" which is an example of how it sometimes takes a long time for things to "die" there.
Part of reason for the demise of WAC is the low quality of the shows. I haven't been to one in years, and the last one was because a friend wanted to go, and I hadn't seen him in a while. There just aren't very many deals there and haven't been for a long time.

Divorce caused the liquidation of their inventory, not the stupid Washington AWB.
Well then, my surmise was wrong and I stand corrected. But I stand behind the basic premise of my statement. That there will be some FFL dealers that won't survive post AWB. Simply because a certain number of them dealt mainly with AW's and pieces. I don't have a crystal ball; legitimate business people can't stay in business if what they sell is made illegal. They have nothing to sell.

And it's always possible that the divorce or the AWB was the straw that broke the camel's back. The AWB may have been a tipping event.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top