JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ahh, Brandon's on the case, what a relief!

Made in the USA. Ordered early Sept. Shipped Sept 28. Would arrive Oct 4. lol

fe.JPG

Stuck in Troutdale. Finally got a hold of a co-operatve person at FedEx, and coaxed him into spilling the beans. Actually the phone folks at FE were always very professional, they just have to stick w/ their script; I don't yell at drones having been one myself. Finally got one to go off script and tell me that yes, it's not in BF Kansas or lying in a gully in Colorado or been stolen somewhere. It's languishing in Troutdale.

So yeah... get on those ports Brandon, that'll do it.

Let's Go Brandon!

Ahh, Brandon's on the case, what a relief!

Made in the USA. Ordered early Sept. Shipped Sept 28. Would arrive Oct 4. lol

View attachment 1050500

Stuck in Troutdale. Finally got a hold of a co-operatve person at FedEx, and coaxed him into spilling the beans. Actually the phone folks at FE were always very professional, they just have to stick w/ their script; I don't yell at drones having been one myself. Finally got one to go off script and tell me that yes, it's not in BF Kansas or lying in a gully in Colorado or been stolen somewhere. It's languishing in Troutdale.

So yeah... get on those ports Brandon, that'll do it.

Let's Go Brandon!
My old man's birthday and Father's Day are sometime on the same day, if not only a few days apart. I bought two cards—b-day and F-day. Took them both to the counter at my local PO 7 business days before either event. F-day card arrived 4 days after Father's Day; birthday card returned to me last Friday marked "undeliverable address." Seattle to Salem. 🙄

Brandon has decreed that hence forth there will be 27 hours in a day, and that this declaration has the potential to be a "game-changer" in turning the corner of the supply chain crisis, but only if workers agree to work 29 hours a day...30 hours every third Tuesday after his butt's been wiped.

When I go into stores now, they are nearly always packed with long lines. Then I look at the shelves and find many understocked. And I wonder, if there is less to buy, what are they all waiting in line for??

Major appliances. You might think of repair these days, rather than replacement. If it's at all feasible. We had our over unit go out a couple of months ago. We discovered that not only were certain sizes difficult to find, but they were months away from delivery. Then the obvious occurred to me, why not see about getting it repaired? We had a repair guy scheduled to come out fairly soon, knew there was a basic charge just to diagnosis it. Which they rebated back if you decided to accept the repair. Which we did. That all worked out fine.

I've decided if I have refrigerator problems in future, I'll do the same thing. We have two fridges here. Lately, one started making squealing noises. It was the little condenser air circulation fan in the freezer compartment. I fixed that myself.

The supply chain thing may have us going back to older times and repairing things rather than replacing. This doesn't work for some things. My PC printer went bad lately. I could keyboard a long "text wall" of that story but will spare you all that. After some looking, I found an adequate replacement of the same brand for $40. Which in now way recompensed me for the hours I spent trying to get the printer heads aligned again properly. When I moved the old printer out, I found a little broken gear that had fallen through. There wasn't any printer head alignment that was ever gonna work for it.

troutdale fedex is the bermuda triangle of packages. avoid fedex when possible.
Or have the shipper label your package "ebola sample" so that someone doesn't steal it. ;)

Some of the vendors I use only use FedEx. The smarter ones do what they can to not advertise what may be in the box, such as using plain boxes, not using logos, only using abbreviations or "Shipping Dept" on the label instead of the full business name. Habitual thieves know which companies are shipping stuff worth stealing.

I usually get my FedEx packages, but I can always count on Troutdale to sit on them for a few days or send them out on the wrong truck. They never arrive on their scheduled ship date.

My son-in-law is the fourth generation in a family owned insulation company. Their orders are 1-2 trainloads at a time [they have a track side warehouse]. It used to be they had a 1-2 week turnaround but ever since the COVID pandemonium the lead time has kept stretching further out. Delivery on their latest order was estimated at 28 Feb 2022, but likely later.

Last Edited:
I posted earlier about Fed Ex losing my package in transit. Walmart refunded my purchase, $99.00. Two weeks later, Fed Ex found and delivered my package. That was a week ago and Walmart never recharged my card.
Thank you Fed Ex.

Employment and the Supply Chain Issue.

And then....
There are those who will not be going back anytime soon.

Stock Up.

Aloha, Mark

Fed Ex is the worst most of my packages come from CT and come across the country in 2 days and then sit in troutdale for 5 days... I have a package stuck in Kent washington now for 8 days... Dirtiest trick they play is they will throw a door tag up when you are home and run to the truck and drive off, for a non signature needed package and they claim you aren't home to buy themselves 2 more days, they don't have the package on the truck even. This all started right around covid times, before covid they were my favorite shipper.

Fed Ex is the worst most of my packages come from CT and come across the country in 2 days and then sit in troutdale for 5 days... I have a package stuck in Kent washington now for 8 days... Dirtiest trick they play is they will throw a door tag up when you are home and run to the truck and drive off, for a non signature needed package and they claim you aren't home to buy themselves 2 more days, they don't have the package on the truck even. This all started right around covid times, before covid they were my favorite shipper.
I guess I am lucky - I got a signature required package in 2 days from Missouri via FedEx.

And throughout human history this differs, how?

I suppose I'm being combative and I don't mean it as such, but this has been going on for millennia. This is no great reveal.

I'd say technology is a tool. Unfortunately, we're always going to use it to clobber our fellow human beings over the head with it no matter what victory we had in mind during its initial discovery.
I'd say learn more - being a bit combative, because anyone who knows anything related to quality of production over the last 80 years knows that the quality of many items has declined and that many items of decades ago lasted far longer than their counterparts of today. Merely a few examples: Electric drills, refrigerators, even laminate flooring/countertops - none of them are built to last today as long as their predecessors of decades ago were.

I have several packages delivered by FedEx. I got them in two days since it started in Massachusetts so it went by air.

Last Edited:
Anyone should be able to read this WSJ article with their newer sharing feature. A snippet:

Uncomfortably high inflation will grip the U.S. economy well into 2022, as constrained supply chains keep upward pressure on prices and, increasingly, curb output, according to economists surveyed this month by The Wall Street Journal.

The economists' inflation projections are up dramatically from July, while short-term growth outlooks are lower.

Economists on average see inflation at 5.25% in December, just slightly less than the rate that has prevailed since June. Assuming a similar level in October and November, that would mark the longest inflation has been above 5% since early 1991.

"It's a perfect storm: supply-chain bottlenecks, tight labor markets, ultra-easy monetary and fiscal policies," said Michael Moran, chief economist at Daiwa Capital Markets America.

I'd say learn more - being a bit combative, because anyone who knows anything related to quality of production over the last 80 years knows that the quality of many items has declined and that many items of decades ago lasted far longer than their counterparts of today. Merely a few examples: Electric drills, refrigerators, even laminate flooring/countertops - none of them are built to last today as long as their predecessors of decades ago were.
Where the item is something like electronics, a relatively short lifespan makes sense, as the rest of the internet is changing so fast that after about seven years you kinda need to replace everything even if it works still. There's a limit to how long back-compatibility can be built into new models without slowing innovation. But I refuse to replace lamps every three years because the switches are designed to fail. For a while I connected them through a separate switch. Now I've replaced them all with old lamps from yard sales. And after the second lazy boy chair also quit leaning back at about five years just like the first one did, I realized it cost me $100/year to own that kind of chair. So I replaced it with a good solid wood comfy rocking chair, which has now lasted two decades and is going strong. Not a cheap one but one designed with flattened back slats and contoured back that fits me perfectly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top