JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anything, absolutely anything will be reported if it's in the anti-gun interest.

True.

I have noticed that on the boob tube and radio, the suicide talk has increased 10 fold and they are always talking about GUNS. Guns, guns and more guns.

Have a talk with a friend and the friend will hold your guns for you.

Bla, bla and bla some more.

Cate

Using a gun to kill yourself isn't "gun violence" anymore than jumping off a building is "building violence". Or hanging youself is "rope violence". So stupid

If you don't even have the right to decide when you die, what rights do you even have.

Another false dillema... maybe we should ban rope and cords, as they seem to be one of the leading causes.

PS; anybody else draw the conclusion that the three states they listed also have some of the harshest winters in the US?

It depends on what part of the state that you live in, what side of the Continental Divide, etc. Alaska is another matter depending on what part of the state that you live in and your season. Sunny long days or lack of sunshine in a 24 hour time frame. (My late Mom's sister moved to Alaska from New York as a young bride right before WW2. She lived there for the rest of her life shy of 10 years or LESS.)

SAD - cloudy days, lack of sunshine in some valleys, cold, ice, snow, valley temp. inversions, etc.

I had much more WORSE weather in my former state year (GL region.) year round but especially in the winter - blizzard time. But I had much MORE SUNSHINE year round even though I lived very close to the Great Lakes. I had strong northeast storms on the East Coast. I was born and raised there but I had MORE SUNSHINE year round. I had far less storms year round living on the East Coast too.

SAD is a real issue and some people can't live with it. It is not just 'cabin fever' but the actual lack of SUNSHINE. I know that they make lamps. Get outside. Etc.

ADD in the smoke filled summers/autumns that get worse and worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR and LAST much longer due to the LACK of sane/common sense/smart ways of dealing with PROPER FOREST MANAGEMENT on public and private lands... well throw that INTO the mix.

Log, baby, log it... PUL______leeze! CLEAR OUT THE BRUSH too!

Many long time western people whose families go back generations have had horrible medical issues dealing with the smoke and cloudy days and they were USED to some forest fires but not like this crapola for the last x amount of years. They include ranchers, forest service workers/top management, fire fighters, loggers, office people who work in towns and in buildings where the smoke/smog even clog up new systems and not just the AC filters. My MT husband is one of them and he is retired now. He was born and raised here and in the last 20 years... especially the last FEW years... he has NEVER SEEN IT LIKE THIS.

Throw in the real deal - true lightning strikes - heat fuel mixed fires where logging, a good clean up and replanting trees would help.

Then throw in the arsonists, yeah, that is a fact, where fires have been started in and out of small towns (NW MT and in other places.) and careless campers with their camp fires. Throw in the transients - bums who start fires in and out of small towns and cities. Real news not some conspiracy theory.

NOT being able to get outside and REALLY enjoy the good - warmer weather for specific months due to the smoke issues. Lungs, nose, throat, mouth, eyes, etc.

So you have LACK OF SUNLIGHT (SAD) in many parts of these states.

You have large areas with less population per square mile. Sounds good to me but some people can't handle that.

You may or may not have a good choice of rural clinics depending on your area.

But to blame it on guns? NO. I would not blame the object.

Cate

I still strongly disagree. If an FFL can refuse a sale for many reasons, then he or she accepts the consequences of that action. What other of the "many reasons" do you (or anybody else, since you want to set a precedent) want to "provide legal protection"?

^^^

This and thank you.

Cate

SAD = seasonal affective disorder for the people who may not know the term.

Cate

A huge issue for those of us on the wet side of WA and OR. I supplement Vitamin D. I know of at least one person who installed a broad spectrum light to combat this.

I know several people who take extra Vitamin D too.

I only know one lady who uses a special light. There may be others out there in my old circle of friends but I only remember one person that mentioned this to me.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class