JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a used, stack-on (I think), locking gun security cabinet sort of thing. About a 10-12 rifle size. When I got it there was pretty much nothing inside, like the little barrel guides are gone even.

I'd like suggestions for mounting shelves or racks or something to store handguns? I was thinking maybe peg board on the back wall of it. What has worked for you guys?

Thanks,
Bryan

If you use the shelf pin (peg) system you can have the option to move shelves up or down as needed.
I'm a carp and this is what's most commonly used in the industry these days.

Drilling the holes in a home workshop setting...

L Peg
brass-prime-line-home-storage-hooks-u-10170-64_300.jpg

Straight Peg
31--Y-k4ETL._SY355_.jpg

There are lots of ways to do shelves.
The above is a simple way (if you can drill holes :)) to build adjustable shelving.
Use a "Brad Point" bit for your peg holes and make the "gauge" as shown in the vid.

DD said it all if you like to use wood.
I on the other hand like to use metal in metal cabinets. If you know someone with a small metal brake so you can form your shelves drill holes and pop rivet them in there. It's a lot easier and more sightly then wood in the middle cabinet, IMHO.;)

I store ammo and some stuff in a stack on safe. I cut boards 6" wide that were just as long as the inside of the safe and put them in there. Then I cut some boards that fit tightly between these boards on top and bottom and pounded them in place, basically "wrapping" the interior in wood. Then I mounted adjustable closet shelf strips from Lowe's on the side boards, two strips on each boards. Now I can use as many shelves as I need mounted to whatever height I need. 5/16" plywood makes a really sturdy shelf at that length.

1224172140.jpg

This is what it looks like on the inside. The next version will have recessed rails and carpeted boards and shelves for a better finished look, but this works well so far. Been using it for a couple years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top