JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to add another shelf to my safe, right above the top shelf, so I can store an AR pistol lying on it's side. The pistol is too short to use with the rifle rods down below and in any event, I am running out of space for long guns. Do I have to make an extra shelf myself from scratch, or is there one I could buy? Alternately, is there some kind of a rack a I can buy?

Many thanks in advance.

Depending on your Safe, I've known folks who used a wire rack from an old Stove. You might want to cover it with Fabric to protect your Firearm. But, since you're talking about an AT Pistol, there isn't much to protect.

Depending on how sturdy the top shelf is/supported, could just make a simple slide in shelf to your exact size/height likening.

Two support boards, & the cross shelf. Cut some outdoor carpet or heavy duty fabric (Michaels/Hobby Lobby) and 3M aerosol glue/staple.

Get 2 sets of closet rod/dowel hardware.

Glue (or double sided tape them to the sides above your shelf) them side by side with a gap between them - make a 2 rod shelf.

Add 2 dowels to the holders (doesn't need to be 1 1/2" thick just thick enough to hold your AR).

No carpet needed, very inexpensive and easy to install or remove.

Get 2 sets of closet rod/dowel hardware.

Glue (or double sided tape them to the sides above your shelf) them side by side with a gap between them - make a 2 rod shelf.

Add 2 dowels to the holders (doesn't need to be 1 1/2" thick just thick enough to hold your AR).

No carpet needed, very inexpensive and easy to install or remove.

Thats a great idea and I stock the brackets. @Aero Denezol if you make it to Vancouver I will donate them to you.

This is the exact moment when the idea of a second safe comes along, because adding that extra half shelf really doesn't solve all your space issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top