JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone redesigned the interior shelving in their safe?

I received a new, larger safe for Christmas and i moved everything over this past weekend. Several of my rifles are at precarious angles and just dont sit nicely because of the spacing on the rifle notches/racks. Due to that problem they are at weird angles taking up more floor space than necessary.
I figure a sheet of plywood, some matching carpet material, and a can of spray adhesive should do the trick for the rifle racks.
Anyone have any suggestions or experience with doing this?

I have put a block of wood cut at an angle in one of my safes to accommodate this type of rifle and get them more vertical so the rifle rod holds better. Lots easier then making new shelves.

It also helps to take bolts out and even charging handles if space is that tight.

I found it was cheaper to use a length of doweling down the barrel of any firearms with short barrels. :)

Except for the Blunderbuss, my muzzle loading rifles are all longer than my shotgun. Pistols are my main problem. :s0092:

I made barrel cutout shelves for the short guys in my safe. I used a 1.5" hole saw on a precut pice of plywood then "connected the dots" with a skillsaw and laid adhesive and felt over the top. Easy peasy.

I use them and they work really well. I can store a lot more rifles and can space/orient my rifles as desired. I use the orange ones because they are easier to see than the black ones.
+1

For shotguns, place a "bushing" in the bore so they stay centered (simple DIY). Otherwise, the guns will have a list when standing on end. It's slightly disconcerting given how flimsy the rods are, but actually works fine.

Didn't know the rods come in orange. Mine are black and hard to see, as 3MTA3 said.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top