JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this Rifle Gun Hard Case, shaped it to fit my rifles and other up coming additional guns and magazine. I was wondering if there is a way to improve the plucked shaped foam so it wont shred in time? Here is the picture below. Any inputs would be great. Thank you.
1698242860453.jpeg
1698242895919.jpeg
1698242923275.jpeg

Spray the foam with Plasti-Dip. Lots of great Youtube videos on the best way to apply it. Good luck with the new case!
^This^
Then make a foam cutting hot knife and go to town.
Hi ,
thanks for the quick reply. I'm not quite sure what the Plasti-Dip spray does and where do I spray it?
Is it a doe of like a rubberized undercoating when it dries up? Do I spray it on top to bond all the remaining plucks to 1 piece?

This is the way... don't forget to do you layout "backwards" so when you trace and cut, you can flip the foam and all trace marks on are the underside...makes it just a little nicer.
Hi,
it makes send! I also want to mention, there is a 1 inch foam padding thats all in 1 piece in the bottom of the pick and pluck foam that I shaped as seen in the picture I posted. Do I bond that together later on?

Spray the foam with Plasti-Dip. Lots of great Youtube videos on the best way to apply it. Good luck with the new case!
Looks like I found the video you recommended. Thank you.
This is the way... don't forget to do you layout "backwards" so when you trace and cut, you can flip the foam and all trace marks on are the underside...makes it just a little nicer.
I should have done this first before I started cutting it, then posting this thread afterwards. I began to realize that there are lesser pluck and pull cut-outs on the backside too flipping it like what your said and making it as a top finish. Thank you
^This^
Then make a foam cutting hot knife and go to town.
I began to realize thats a much better approach on cutting it. If the pluck and pull that I started doesnt come out right and if I can locate
a 1 piece 2nd layer foam, I will cut it with a hot knife like cutting through a butter so it will seal the edges of the cut out parts. Thank you.
Electric turkey knives if it's not the pluck n pull type, just trace it out on the backside and cut.
I have this knife too. I'll use this as another back up option. The good news is I got this electric cutter. Thank you.

Hopefully I get this done soon. This will save me alot of space. I thank you for the follow-up and I will keep posting for progress.

I used spray on flex seal to coat mine, apply liberally as it will soak into the foam and my require two or three coats to get the desired results. After coating the foam allow it to sit in the open to finish drying and off gassing before reinstalling in the case with your firearm.

The best knives to use are the cheap thin slider blades. They are sharp and cut cleanly.

And I agree, the best way it to cut out the foam from the backside. Remember tho that everything will need to be reversed.

The best knives to use are the cheap thin slider blades. They are sharp and cut cleanly.

And I agree, the best way it to cut out the foam from the backside. Remember tho that everything will need to be reversed.
Good call on the thin slider blades, I'll pick up 5 of those in the dollar store. I get what you're saying now for they get dull fast and I wanna keep cutting them razor sharp like a Ginsu. :s0045:

This is so cool. I was able to exchange my Magpul 30 rnds to a PSA metal magazine. I have to wait on that part to come in before I add the another cutout. Meanwhile I ordered the spray plasti-dip and a contact rubber adhesive (foam safe) so I can attach the bottom layer after I finish the plasti dip and cutouts all dry.

I bought this Rifle Gun Hard Case, shaped it to fit my rifles and other up coming additional guns and magazine. I was wondering if there is a way to improve the plucked shaped foam so it wont shred in time? Here is the picture below. Any inputs would be great. Thank you.
View attachment 1748151
View attachment 1748152
View attachment 1748153
I would make cutouts for the guns, then buy a sheet of 10mm EVA foam and use it to fill the cutouts.
EDIT: Alternatively, cover the foam with fabric. A cloth bag could be made for the foam, or just cut it with 2-3" of excess at the edge and tuck it in around the perimeter.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads