JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, let's see. Two of the greatest guns of all time --the 1911 and the Smith & Wesson J and K frames-- are not allowed, but the absolute worst pistols of modern times are? Yay for the "voluntarily recalled" Remington R51! Yay for the Bersa .380 with your 50% failure rate. You move to the head of the class. Sorry John Moses Browning, you wear a dunce cap in the corner of the class because NRA teacher went to some gun teaching seminar and says you need a "time out". Crap modern designs rule the playground!

What's behind this? The NRA is so corrupt with so many competing interests lobbying for control that it's hard to say which gun manufacturer paid the most to eliminate the competition.
There are times I am truly embarrassed to be an NRA member.
Just remember this whenever you feel embarrassed; you are not a member for gun rights, to promote their suggested politicians, not to learn shooting skills in general. They have failed us in all of those areas and are not the organization they used to be, those days are over.
You are a member for cheap insurance that comes with free magazine subscriptions.

Just remember this whenever you feel embarrassed; you are not a member for gun rights, to promote their suggested politicians, not to learn shooting skills in general. They have failed us in all of those areas and are not the organization they used to be, those days are over.
You are a member for cheap insurance that comes with free magazine subscriptions.

Actually, I'm a member so I can compete in Highpower Rifle and Bullseye pistol, and belong to a really great range with good people. I don't use the insurance or really read the magazines which are often just advertisements disguised as articles.
Still, joining up seemed to be the thing to do.

Oh yeah, there is that too. I forget that ranges and competitions often require NRA enrollment.
Point being, there are other reasons to be in the NRA that are much more valuable than the classes they offer.

I'm reading more an NRA vendetta, issuing sort of 'I gotcha you" opine, than constructive criticism.
Many let loose much about issues they likely never would participate in anyway. So how is there any skin of their nose. The indignation, suggest forced compliance yet some how as a life NRA member, I'm left unaffected. Seems for some, freedom of choice has degraded into my way or the highway on both sides of the issue.
I'm guessing the corrupt NRA crappers have somehow missed me and sooner or later will come back to crap on me too because I might own a 1911 and a revolver!:s0107: Likely double down since I am unaffected, and unoffended of their exclusions in training, and unapologetic of ownership.:s0002:

Don't like the NRA? Don't join.
Don't like an NRA state club? Don't join, or participate.
Don't like NRA sponsored CCW insurance? I don't.
Before there was any such thing, I went looking for a gun lawyer.
Paid a retainer, Any run'in with authority, I could say "gotta call my lawyer"
In due course, Lawyer moved away from that business, referred me to CCW Safe. Happy with the referral, signed up.
There are more choices, like the following.
USCCA
PDN

What is the source of NRA hatred?
I confess to wondering if there are reactionary trolls in our midst.
Not reading vitreol about State Reps who make laws.
My 2 cents
Rick

I think anyone is free to cancel his membership. Take the money you save and start your own nation-wide organization!!!!
So simple a caveman can do it!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

I don't hate the NRA* ... Like I stated in my first post :
Just thought it strange that a iconic American organization did not want two iconic American style of guns in a class of theirs...
*I am indeed a life member.
Andy

Not being privy to NRA instructor management....I wonder if this could be related to a general non-availability of qualified revolver/1911 instructors ?
I didn't have gray hair when I first went through revolver qualifications. Those instructors must be long gone by now. Have they {NRA} even bothered to keep the ranks viable for anything other than Glockamatics ?

Last Edited:
I think i'll go shoot a few revolver rounds this afternoon from my antiquated, un trainable, unreliable S & Ws !
IMG_0270_3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads