JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you someone were gona see on the 6 o'clock news some night? :s0153:

No Brother I doubt you will see that of me. Now, Legal Hanging of the scumbags in salem, yes, you might see that.

Some of it's just frustration... not so much what the NRA does, as what it tries to STOP other pro-gun orgs like GOA/JPFO and SAF/CCRKBA from doing. Some of it's left over from the Knox Revolt days too...

Frankly, IMHO it would have been better for them to, rather than insist on doing it their own way and trying to run off everybody else, if they focused on being a kind of Industry Working Group developing common standards for the industry to offer "NRA Approved" programs and policies--like a combined Underwriters Laboratories and Better Business Bureau of the gun world.

Thanks Diamonback, you Hit right ON one of the Main reasons I have trouble with the NRA-- No Reasonable Action, that is what NRA stands for NOW. I have contributed to GOA in the past.

What Kind of handgun a person chooses or has on hand should BE the gun they train with, How Ridiculous of the No Reasonable Action folks to even put that statement out there, Liberals must have infiltrated the NRA, Again!!

Just think if that Billions the NRA has taken in were spent paying hit men to remove the bloomies from the planet, Gawwd it would be great.... The NRA is still here because they have dummies Paying them to ACT Like they care about citizen gun rights.

So what you're saying is, and you've said it before, is that anyone who doesn't agree with you should be snuffed?

Huh, ever heard of a guy named Hitler or Jong-Un?

So what you're saying is, and you've said it before, is that anyone who doesn't agree with you should be snuffed?

Huh, ever heard of a guy named Hitler or Jong-Un?

I'm Not saying that at all, what I am saying is that the ANTI Americans That PUSH Gun Control Against the BOR and the U.S.Constitution INFRINGING on OUR rights should be STOPPED by any legal means, the F@cking democRATS do THAT NOW. Civil WAR is coming Because of these antigunner Useful IDIOTS being paid by Soros, Bloomie, schumer, etc. I SEE THEM as the Rod Ram Hitlers.

If the NRA didn't exist we would all be on a quilting forum or something because there would be no guns. Say what you want but they certainly lobby and help protect our rights. That's a fact. And yes, I know they make money from it.
I just think it used to be promoting accessibility, awareness and developement of skills for all Americans.
It seems their pretext has changed over the years.
There are still reasons enough to simply be a member...

As for this class, I doubt I would take it unless it was a full class for a semester... seems about the right price including supplies (and BYOG.)

Considering how many folks a .38 revolver is still the "starter gun of choice" for...
Screen-Shot-2017-06-18-at-11_12_27-AM.png
Exactly, The primary portion of the course is taught using as close to standardized firearms as is practical. This likely has something to do with magazine capacity and their standardized courses of fire. Just reading the description that was in the original article you can see that you're allowed and encouraged to bring your regular carry pistol as well and that you will have a portion of the course taught with that firearm as well.

In the words of Sarah Palin . . . "Suck it up Buttercup!!!!!"

Sheldon
If directed at me ... first my post on left handed , 1911 use and being doomed was tongue in check.
Second I have learned to safely shoot and carry my series 70 left handed.
As a left handed person in a right handed world you gotta adapt or you won't get to play with all the cool toys... :D
Andy

In other words, lazy one-size fits-all curriculum writers and instructors. What next, "no left-handed students"?
It's honestly hard to say without seeing the curriculum. I've seen plenty of precision rifle classes specify rifle chambering's (usually .308 or above) and limit the class to scoped rifles. I have also seen carbine classes specify no .22lr semi autos. There are often times reasons for these restrictions.

In the case of this class revolvers specifically just purely due to design and manual of arms usually take shooters longer to complete courses of fire with. I know when I was shooting IDPA regularly it wasn't uncommon to see times more than twice what a similarly skilled shooter might shoot with a semi auto. With that in mind these shooters are also going to require more time prepping etc. So more these because the classes isn't tailored to revolver shooters their inclusion would likely increase the overall class time thereby reducing what other shooters are getting out of the class if the class was kept to the same time frame. This may be the same reason to limit 1911s. I am curious to see their justification but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar to what I have mentioned. And like is stated they encourage you to bring your revolver or 1911 for the shorter concealed carry portion of the class they are only limiting selection for the fundamentals portion.

If directed at me ... first my post on left handed , 1911 use and being doomed was tongue in check.
Second I have learned to safely shoot and carry my series 70 left handed.
As a left handed person in a right handed world you gotta adapt or you won't get to play with all the cool toys... :D
Andy

I've got some left-handed pencils I can sell you Andy, for a good price ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top