JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since this media will spin this as pro gun control, make sure you know the details of the study that was released yesterday.

Though showing background checks reduce firearm related homicides (what we all have to do in Oregon anyway) banning "assault weapons" had no effect

Firearm Laws and Firearm Homicides

"Specific laws directed at firearm trafficking, improving child safety, or the banning of military-style assault weapons were not associated with changes in firearm homicide rates. The evidence for laws restricting guns in public places and leniency in gun carrying was mixed. "

When the Oregon legislators try and push new laws this next term make sure you mention this study.

"Study shows banning "military style assault weapons" has no effect on homicide rates"

MOOT. (study wise)
Any study, survey, facts, etc. which furthers support of my, and possibly your, view of the 2nd am. will be considered D.O.A., null and void, inconsequential, to those (supported by their countless minions) wanting control of the nasty likes of me, and possibly you too. (since they have obviously assimilated the other half of the population)
Other, and possibly devious, political incarnations will be required just to maintain status quo I fear. Nationally, the new administration may help but locally we may be out of luck.

How many times do we have to say - 'Banning guns makes NO difference to people who do not obey the ban'.

Just how FR****N' hard is THAT to comprehend?

tac
If your a democratic legislator or politician in Oregon, it's like trying to understand the Klingon Language... Or campaign funding reform...

Just say NO to Bloombergs and Soros $$$$$

Edited to correct the error prone error correction

Last Edited:
Millions of guns and millions of law abiding gun owners are out there today ... And those same folks aren't hurting anyone ... Too bad that's not reported!
Andy

News for profit = The Enquire style of journalism

News for service = News with a 5 minute sports/entertainment at the end.

Trump does hate the media outlets. Maybe he will do something with the FCC.

What wasn't clear (at least in the snip I could read) is if they are lumping suicides in with murders and other firearm death. If that's true, and I believe it is, their study has validity issues....

'Death by firearm' is a death by firearm as far as the press are concerned. One person in WV a few years back had climbed on to his roof to get access to a raccoon that had gotten stuck down his chimney. He took with him his nice new Draganov SVD clone to deal with the fuzzy pest. Sadly, he got the long barrel tangled up in the top of the ladder and fell off, suffering injuries that caused his death. The headline read something along the lines of 'Homeowner killed by his own assault rifle when dealing with masked intruder.'

We can never win, folks.

tac

Last Edited:
Studies can show whatever. The liberal agenda is to remove your firearms so you cannot revolt against their draconian rule, or your descendants capability to resist. They realize an MSR gives a citizen a fighting chance against their possible armed takeover or their initiation of martial law. It is all about chipping away at your ability to resist if it comes down to that. Anything else is white noise, or as they have done in DC, Kali, Conn, Colo. New York, etc. is to place an irrational fear of gun owners into the minds of their liberal supporters and thereby win in the elections with gun laws that historically would be unconstitutional. It is fundamentally about restricting your rights, and ultimately disarming you.

Brutus Out

One of my good libertarian friends would remind me that anytime the powers that be want to trample on or remove a right from the people, they'll do it in the name of 'safety'.

Good grief, you're not against 'safety' are you....?? Exactly......

Of course it makes no difference! Even the FBI says only a few 100 murders (out of 10,000+ murders using a firearm) are committed with ALL rifles, of which "assault weapons" are a fraction of that number. Following that logic, if the government were able to ban and confiscate every single (100%) "assault weapon" then by definition murders using those "assault weapons" would go to zero. But while that number would drop from maybe 100 to 0, murders using handguns would increase by 100 as criminals use what they have.

This is just a logical exercise. We all know the government wouldn't go after the "assault weapons" possessed by hardened gangs and criminals. They would go after the 'easy' targets - you and me.

The thing I never seem to see is what do these idiots think would happen to LEO's if they ever actually banned black rifles. As in if they really went away. Thanks to the POTUS and his following more and more Cops are being shot. A large amount of scum no longer fear trying to kill a Cop. If there were no black rifles do these idiots think these same scum would not READILY kill a Cop to take theirs?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top