JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, the wife noticed me noticing a rather large nice firm set once and told me.. Quit looking, you do know their probably fake anyway. Then I almost got shot when I said yes, and we both know Santa isn't real, but that doesn't mean I don't still enjoy unwrapping the presents.:s0108:

Kind of like when I was first married over 30 years ago. My wife who was 10 years younger than me wanted to go into a strip club out of curiosity and then got mad at me for looking.:confused: However we are still married so I guess she forgave me.

Lol.
ok back on track.
one time out riding my quad in the washougal hills kinda by girlscout lake.
I drifted around a corner that usually lead me to a overgrown trailhead, just to have to make an emergency stop as I was trying not to wipe out.
there it was a pickup truck backed into the trail, blocking the entrance.
I jumped of my bikeys tossed my helmet walked around the truck to see..
there big old tweeker boys had dug them self a 7' deep hole with a newer dodge truck inside.
they had torches and we're cutting it up lol.
I calmed down n asked why, they had some story how they needed the scrap money.
they got all nervous when I asked them how they knew it was buried there.
I didn't want to end up in that hole so I just bounced..

Lol.
ok back on track.
one time out riding my quad in the washougal hills kinda by girlscout lake.
I drifted around a corner that usually lead me to a overgrown trailhead, just to have to make an emergency stop as I was trying not to wipe out.
there it was a pickup truck backed into the trail, blocking the entrance.
I jumped of my bikeys tossed my helmet walked around the truck to see..
there big old tweeker boys had dug them self a 7' deep hole with a newer dodge truck inside.
they had torches and we're cutting it up lol.
I calmed down n asked why, they had some story how they needed the scrap money.
they got all nervous when I asked them how they knew it was buried there.
I didn't want to end up in that hole so I just bounced..
Lol! Hold on. Explain that again. They buried a full size pickup in the dirt? That has to be a first and only for a tweeter. Or anyone for that matter.

Lol! Hold on. Explain that again. They buried a full size pickup in the dirt? That has to be a first and only for a tweeter. Or anyone for that matter.
well it seemed like to me that with all the rust on what had to be a 2004 2005 Dodge Ram and this is last year or so they must have buried it around when the truck was new and hit it so they needed the money from the scrapper something told me it wasn't hot anymore not quite sure but as soon as I asked him how they knew the truck was there because I've been on that trail many times and yo could have never know they got all nervous and sketched out and I just had to bailweird situation for sure to be honest

I did actually find a cougar inside of the rib cage of the spike bull that was quartered and packed out. She had laid claim to it when I had walked up to within 25 feet of it, at first I thought it was a coyote but was surprised when a cat was reversing gears.

She started to leave but then decided the elk was hers, she spun and went into a crouch directly facing me at way to close range. The 180 grain -06 hit just under the neck and she now sleeps with the fish so to speak.

Not that a cougar in the sticks is strange, but one crawling out of your elk at spitting distance sure seemed strange to me.
Oh ya, as a side note, that just happened this season

Ya buddy. My lovely wife that always puts me ahead of her in her decisions was with me at the time. After the shot was taken the cat (on moter funtions I'm sure) attempted to escape up hill, but gravity took over and it started stumbling directly towards us, the Mrs's panicked and and flung herself behind me, grabbed me from behind placing me square between her and the cat and and yelled OH #@*! it's coming SHOOT IT-SHOOT IT! I never really needed to though as it was dead on its feet.

The cat was a young one that was probably kicked out by mama due to a new litter of cubs and was only around 70 pounds or so. Still, I didn't want to wrestle with it over what it thought was "its" meal.

This was the first time I ever shot an Elk and a Cougar within one yard of each other, what a day, and it was my birthday to boot!

Ya buddy. My lovely wife that always puts me ahead of her in her decisions was with me at the time. After the shot was taken the cat (on moter funtions I'm sure) attempted to escape up hill, but gravity took over and it started stumbling directly towards us, the Mrs's panicked and and flung herself behind me, grabbed me from behind placing me square between her and the cat and and yelled OH #@*! it's coming SHOOT IT-SHOOT IT! I never really needed to though as it was dead on its feet.

The cat was a young one that was probably kicked out by mama due to a new litter of cubs and was only around 70 pounds or so. Still, I didn't want to wrestle with it over what it thought was "its" meal.

This was the first time I ever shot an Elk and a Cougar within one yard of each other, what a day, and it was my birthday to boot!

Way to Go! Happy Birthday!

Not too often but I will occasionally run into 'feral' people in the woods around here. Most of the time they are living in ramshackled RVs they towed out into the woods and its usually during the winter so the FS doesn't get too riled up about it as long as the area is kept fairly clean. Come spring however they know they will soon be hassled to move and have usually vacated by then. I have happened upon many abandoned RVs in the woods relatively close to town when getting out for quad rides in the spring. Also while I stay vigilant when out shooting (or doing anything) the relative 'openness' of the Central Oregon area allows for fairly long and clear areas so it is easy to see people coming. Not a lot of dense cover for to hide in.
This wasn't after you got done fixing their RV and taking all their money was it?

Two years ago on a muzzleloader hunt we ran into 3 rigs and a really old wall tent. There was also some construction happening behind the rigs and some smoke from something. (It was December so guessing fire). This lady comes running out of her hiding spot calling my wife and I every name you can think of and doing a really good job of using the F word in between. It looked like she needed help but she had her hand in her sweat shirt pocket like she had a handgun. My wife asked me to turn off my truck because she couldn't hear the lady over the diesel motor and that's when we got the best version of the ladies vocabulary.

I had my hand on my 9mm and my wife on her's as the lady asked us to leave her "so called property" at the end of a forest service road that turns out isn't their property. My guess after its all said and done is a meth house was being built because as I backed out of there and kindly ripped up there road with my mud tires 4 more guys came out of hiding and ran up the road. We never did hear if the sheriff busted anyone up there, but we haven't been back since if you catch my drift.

There's something you don't see parked in the wood's everyday,,,

IMG_0447_zps6b05db7b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews