JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you should probably count your lucky stars that someone didn't shoot you.
Chances are, whatever it was, it was probably ill gotten booty of some kind.
I bet you were being watched the whole time you were there, too.

Dean

I am fairly sure that I was watched. Thankfully it was an area where the brush was super thick so the nearest vantage point to shoot from was maybe fifty feet away, at most. They would have had to be damn close to make a sure shot. Doesn't mean I was safe from danger by any means, but I felt better knowing that I would be close enough to return fire with any of my weapons.

I am fairly sure that I was watched. Thankfully it was an area where the brush was super thick so the nearest vantage point to shoot from was maybe fifty feet away, at most. They would have had to be damn close to make a sure shot. Doesn't mean I was safe from danger by any means, but I felt better knowing that I would be close enough to return fire with any of my weapons.
That gives me chills even thinking about it. I hate the feeling of potentially being watched and if I am being watched, not knowing the area that person is at.

That gives me chills even thinking about it. I hate the feeling of potentially being watched and if I am being watched, not knowing the area that person is at.
I'll tell you what's worse - You're in the parking lot of your local grocery store, getting ready to leave and as you're getting into your car, you spot a guy across the other side of the lot, standing next to his car talking on his cellphone.
No bigee, right?....but he's looking right at you while he talks.
I'm like "STOP FOLLOWING ME!"
I tell ya' dude. Creepiest feeling is when you think someone's stalking you. Happened when I was kid, too.
crrrr-eeeee-peeeeeeeee!

Pretty soon I will have to vote to keep a republican status. Cause they are doing there best to 86 my kind out....

Agreed, the whole growing cartel thing hopefully will be reduced now.

Stumble into the wrong location while hunting and a guy could find himself in deep meadow muffins if you know what I mean.

I'd rather the stuff be legally grown at home than in my hunting grounds

Agreed, the whole growing cartel thing hopefully will be reduced now.

Stumble into the wrong location while hunting and a guy could find himself in deep meadow muffins if you know what I mean.

I'd rather the stuff be legally grown at home than in my hunting grounds
I can see your point. For me, I'd rather take my chances in the woods, in getting gunned down, then see kids, and otherwise decent adults throwing there life away, to Cheetos, and double doubles at In & out.
But that's just me. I certainly have enjoyed your personality and points on this site, so know that in the end, we just have different thoughts. That's it!

Yes they do. When the sheriff warned us as kids, riding motorbikes in the coast range, to watch out for piano wire strung across the trails, I knew I was introduced to the wonderful world of Pottsville, aka Oregon.
Always reminded me of the first Rambo, first blood movie.
Back then we were like, halfway intrigued, and then also ready to kick some Tigard high azz. ;)

I'd rather the stuff be legally grown at home than in my hunting ground
Unfortunately 'legalizing' pot may not necessarily reduce illegal growing operations. I was listening to a talk show the other day and the host was explaining some issues that are taking place in pot legal states. The most notable was the statistics are showing legalization benefits the middle and upper class users in that they are the ones who can afford to buy 'legal' pot and it eliminates their need to find 'street' vendors. The lower classes will always be looking for cheap sources and the illegal growers will continue to fill that void. Another is for supply itself. Vendors will utilize illegal growers to stock their shelves with cheaper varieties of pot or to fill the void when legal sources are in short supply. Another is there are still plenty of states where pot is still illegal to supply to. Illegal growing operations are here to stay.

Unfortunately your probably right RV, sure wished it wasn't so though.
When I was younger and more 'idealistic' I used to believe the constant 'argument' of "Legalizing pot will eliminate the black market" The reality is there are few (if any) reasons to believe that will be true.

When I was younger and more 'idealistic' I used to believe the constant 'argument' of "Legalizing pot will eliminate the black market" The reality is there are few (if any) reasons to believe that will be true.
As soon as something becomes legal, criminals would fine something else illegal to sell. Higher risk means higher profit.

Unfortunately 'legalizing' pot may not necessarily reduce illegal growing operations. I was listening to a talk show the other day and the host was explaining some issues that are taking place in pot legal states. The most notable was the statistics are showing legalization benefits the middle and upper class users in that they are the ones who can afford to buy 'legal' pot and it eliminates their need to find 'street' vendors. The lower classes will always be looking for cheap sources and the illegal growers will continue to fill that void. Another is for supply itself. Vendors will utilize illegal growers to stock their shelves with cheaper varieties of pot or to fill the void when legal sources are in short supply. Another is there are still plenty of states where pot is still illegal to supply to. Illegal growing operations are here to stay.

Yep that will never stop.............

Ive ran into a few pot-related individuals in the forest and they are generally pretty nice. The issue is when you run into the gang-related stuff. When Farmer Bob decides to grow a few plants he is usually a courteous fellow. When Stank-eye and Fat Joe and Silly Billy are involved its one hand on the grip and the other on the next mag.

Not too often but I will occasionally run into 'feral' people in the woods around here. Most of the time they are living in ramshackled RVs they towed out into the woods and its usually during the winter so the FS doesn't get too riled up about it as long as the area is kept fairly clean. Come spring however they know they will soon be hassled to move and have usually vacated by then. I have happened upon many abandoned RVs in the woods relatively close to town when getting out for quad rides in the spring. Also while I stay vigilant when out shooting (or doing anything) the relative 'openness' of the Central Oregon area allows for fairly long and clear areas so it is easy to see people coming. Not a lot of dense cover for to hide in.

Found some of these once a long time ago.. eerily like this pic I just found.

imagesAI4CJ4AK.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads