JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those moths are really amazing.

I walked in my bathroom one day, back in Wyoming, and saw a big black widow hanging in her web next to my mirror. Glad I didn't stick my hand into it during the night...

My 8 year old son found this up in the woods just outside Estacada. image.jpeg

I've seen praying mantises off and on, but only once have I seen a walking stick. In Beaverton many years ago. This isn't a picture I took of it, but it's easy to see how they get their name:

stick-insect-27490871.jpg

I've seen praying mantises off and on, but only once have I seen a walking stick. In Beaverton many years ago. This isn't a picture I took of it, but it's easy to see how they get their name:

View attachment 304654
Walking sticks are very cool. I grew up in Ohio we have 'em by the tons.
I miss those and fireflies .
Andy

Found a bunch of these in a tall grass field! real nasty with a really big egg sack in the bottom of the web! Buggers jump out of the web when you get close!
View attachment 303759
Ura-Ki, you are the lucky observer of a lively female orb-web weaver named Argiope! She is great at eating all sorts of nasty biting and sucking insects, so if you ever run into her in the future, be sure to blow her a kiss!

Maybe not strange but I've run into these on the east side of the cascades quite a few times.

View attachment 303927

That is a "small" one I found while mountain biking in Bend. Those antennae are probably 3-4 inches long. The big ones are twice that size or more.

Kristina, these are 'longhorned beetles', even though it's the antennae which are long, not 'horns'. Anyway, their larvae bore into trees, and Their are several different species, each with unique color patterns. They look pretty silly when they fly, what with those long antennae streaming along behind them!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top