JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a few inches here in Seattle, but its almost all melted away with a massive downpour, ho ho ho

FkbKKz7X0AA8mq1.jpg

Snow is fine....
It's the folks that can't drive in it...that are troublesome to me.

Give yourself some extra time...keep a safe , steady speed...
And remember 4 wheel drive is to get you out of trouble...Not into it.
Andy

I'm originally from Hawaii so.......
I can take about a week of the snow, frozen, and slushy wet roads etc....
After that......Nah.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......
1671563387273.png

Last Edited:
I love he snow but I learned to drive in it as a teenager, so I harbor no apprehension or feelings of impending doom behind the wheel. I do have a general concern about others behind the wheel though. My wife grew up in Fairbanks so no worries about her either. I would not mind living where there was snow 2-3 months out of the year with snow as long as it did not get bitter cold too often.

I was a sophomore at OSU when they hired Ralph Miller as basketball coach. The OSU program was in the toilet, and the previous basketball coach (Paul Valenti, All American, 1944) had just been fired. Miller had just taken taken his Univ. of Iowa team to the final four the previous season, but there had been some sort of scandal in the Iowa athletic department, and the athletic director had been fired. Miller wasn't fired, but he left voluntarily under some sort of cloud, which was never made public.

So, anyway, when he came to OSU, there was a "get to know the new coach" session at the student union, which I attended. Somebody asked him, "Why would you want to leave a successful program at Iowa to come to OSU?"

He replied, "I want to be where the snow is in the mountains and not on my driveway."

Good answer. Nobody believed him, but everybody laughed.

And I have officially become an old man by telling a story like this. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top