JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My safe gets opened and closed several times a week and the guns inside are shot frequently. As such they get cleaned and re-oiled frequently. I don't concern myself with temp swings or fancy dessicant containers. If I were to store the firearms for any length of time a "rust control bag" would be used on each individual firearm.

I too am in the position now to start storing guns in the unheated garage. Family is expanding by one and that means my gun safe / wifes craft room is being turned into a nursery. From what I have read above, a good dehumidifier / heater in a good safe is the best option?

Has anyone had any problems storing their guns in the cold? I once had mine in a safe in the laundry room. The dryer hose popped off and filled the room with humid hot air. It took hours with 000 steel wool and nearly a gallon of oil to get everything back to normal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top